Morristown East Hurricanes

canefan72

Your Guys defence was pretty good. but like ours it took some time to take off

Our D should be pretty solid this year and it appears we have a MLB that will rattle somebody this year(#40). A little bias here but good to see hin at full speed again.

Canefan72 ---

Overall M.E. had a good scrimmage . The lack of secondary experience was a weak area

that will be okay by season opener. Ricker did a good job considering he had not been

practicing. 72--Is M.E. going to have a long snapper and punter ready this year ? This

is needed to keep the ball down the field on the other side and should be a high priority.

Not sure yet. They did not work on special teams any in spring. I think McDaniel will kick again.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our D should be pretty solid this year and it appears we have a MLB that will rattle somebody this year(#40). A little bias here but good to see hin at full speed again.

Not sure yet. They did not work on special teams any in spring. I think McDaniel will kick again.

Canefan72---I heard through the rumor mill East will have a bigger number of freshmen coming

out this fall . Will they be reporting the same day as the big team this fall ? #40 did a good job

in the scrimmage --East will be depending on good LB play this year. Do you know the date the

teams report back to the field ?----Thanks---Go canes

Freshman #'s should be good this year. They report later than varsity. The team reports back to the field july 22nd I think but have team workouts all summer and Howell,Helton and some others do the hills on their own.

canefan72

Ricker has the size,speed, and arm to be a top grade player at East. Do you have any idea

why Coaches can not be on the field with the players during the summer months ? This

does restrict the players by not having someone correct any mistakes being made . It

seems the players would be more like a team that works together if there was no

restriction on the number of practice days . #1 looked pretty speedy in the scrimmage .

Freshman #'s should be good this year. They report later than varsity. The team reports back to the field july 22nd I think but have team workouts all summer and Howell,Helton and some others do the hills on their own.

Learned this week that Tiesyn Howell will not be part of the freshman group incoming at East this fall. He will be going to school at West. He attended basketball tryouts at West this week and made the freshman team.

Learned this week that Tiesyn Howell will not be part of the freshman group incoming at East this fall. He will be going to school at West. He attended basketball tryouts at West this week and made the freshman team.

I heard his dad more or less demanded that he play varsity as a freshman and did not get the answer he wanted.

I heard his dad more or less demanded that he play varsity as a freshman and did not get the answer he wanted.

Cane, I talked to Sr. Howell at the Oak Ridge sectionals. If I'm not mistaken didn't he go to East? He was beaming that East had the wheels for '09 and would definately take NET past the semis. He alluded to the athleticism of his youngest and seemed a die hard East parent. He made me to understand that '09 would be the MoEast of long ago. He spoke of West as an also ran. In regard to my conversation with him I find it hard to believe that he would destroy his youngest's future by sending him to an obviously inferior West squad now that Coach Woods absense is obviously being recognized. You are MoEast's spokesperson so I will regard your view on this matter as the gospel. The Senior Howell was adamant that East would not let South get past Region II in '09.

I do understand that the '09 'Canes are returning the catalyst of the '08 squad. Do you share his view of the purported superiority of MoEast for '09? It will be interesting because Sullivan South will field their strongest defense in the history of the school. Their offense is still in the oven but has the potential to be no different than '08's O. Yes, all new skill positions but they played the second half of every regular season game in '08. It's hard to replace the calibre' of O that South posessed in '08 but they are very close to achieving that.

Will you run the same O? Obviously so...and how will your D stack up? All respect to you and yours.

Cane, I talked to Sr. Howell at the Oak Ridge sectionals. If I'm not mistaken didn't he go to East? He was beaming that East had the wheels for '09 and would definately take NET past the semis. He alluded to the athleticism of his youngest and seemed a die hard East parent. He made me to understand that '09 would be the MoEast of long ago. He spoke of West as an also ran. In regard to my conversation with him I find it hard to believe that he would destroy his youngest's future by sending him to an obviously inferior West squad now that Coach Woods absense is obviously being recognized. You are MoEast's spokesperson so I will regard your view on this matter as the gospel. The Senior Howell was adamant that East would not let South get past Region II in '09.

I do understand that the '09 'Canes are returning the catalyst of the '08 squad. Do you share his view of the purported superiority of MoEast for '09? It will be interesting because Sullivan South will field their strongest defense in the history of the school. Their offense is still in the oven but has the potential to be no different than '08's O. Yes, all new skill positions but they played the second half of every regular season game in '08. It's hard to replace the calibre' of O that South posessed in '08 but they are very close to achieving that.

Will you run the same O? Obviously so...and how will your D stack up? All respect to you and yours.

I played with the Sr. Howell. I understand that he went to talk to the coach and gave an ultimatum. He did not get the response he hoped for. If he goes to West then oh well. He is a good talent but after seeing him play, I rank him with another player at west that was dominate at the middle school level and has yet to pan out. I will say that he has great potential and I think his dad is making a huge mistake because he may be on the varsity at west but I doubt he will see the field and I KNOW he is not ready for the varsity game. I think his dad may need to let his sons career unfold and not try to force it to. Just my opinion.

East will be a very good team this year. On O,we bring back alot of the playmakers from 08' and will probably have a better passing game (short,underneath) than in 08'. On D, we looked good in the spring. Our only glaring weakness was the secondary(all the starters out for track). The staff is counting on my son to carry a load this year and he looked really good in spring and great in the scrimmages.

As far as the talk about West being down and us against South, Howell Sr. always liked to talk when he played and that has not changed. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I played with the Sr. Howell. I understand that he went to talk to the coach and gave an ultimatum. He did not get the response he hoped for. If he goes to West then oh well. He is a good talent but after seeing him play, I rank him with another player at west that was dominate at the middle school level and has yet to pan out. I will say that he has great potential and I think his dad is making a huge mistake because he may be on the varsity at west but I doubt he will see the field and I KNOW he is not ready for the varsity game. I think his dad may need to let his sons career unfold and not try to force it to. Just my opinion.

East will be a very good team this year. On O,we bring back alot of the playmakers from 08' and will probably have a better passing game (short,underneath) than in 08'. On D, we looked good in the spring. Our only glaring weakness was the secondary(all the starters out for track). The staff is counting on my son to carry a load this year and he looked really good in spring and great in the scrimmages.

As far as the talk about West being down and us against South, Howell Sr. always liked to talk when he played and that has not changed. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I can't go to Greeneville's site. I get in a fight everytime I go near Niswonger County. I think you know why. I'm curious about McCurray. Any news of where he ended up? Too bad for that situation. Money can't buy everything.

I can't go to Greeneville's site. I get in a fight everytime I go near Niswonger County. I think you know why. I'm curious about McCurray. Any news of where he ended up? Too bad for that situation. Money can't buy everything.

I really have not heard. I stopped following them when the regions changed. I played against GHS,worked briefly in GV and have never cared much for the place.

I really have not heard. I stopped following them when the regions changed. I played against GHS,worked briefly in GV and have never cared much for the place.

Canefan 72

I was afraid the Howell kid would leave East . This move will really damage Morristown

East football for the next four years. Is East the only team who has a rule that a

Freshman can not be on the Varsity team ? I doubt Mr. Howell was insisting his son

should be an immediate starter but should be allowed to compete with others on the

Varsity. East will be losing most of their back field speed next year and the Howell kid

with his football talent will be sorely missed.

McCurry has returned to North Carolina to be a head coach at a big school. I want to say it's in Hendersonville, but I'm not for sure.