Morristown East Hurricanes

canefan72

08' was a great campaign for our beloved Hurricanes and a 9-3 season while being ranked top ten for most of the ride has put East on the football map. We will have alot of talent return for 09' with most of them being 3 year starters at key positions.

I have found out our non-con schedule and here is how it peices together in no certain order.

Cherokee I assume at home

Cocke co. I assume on the road

Jefferson co. Road?

MoWest Considered a road game

South Doyle Not sure where

Sevier Co. Same

Seymour Same

Austin East @ BT week 0(sat game with west playing fulton in a doubleheader)

@Cleveland

@Anderson co.

I will update this as I get more info on scrimmages,dates,spring practice,etc.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Projected Lineup for 09'

QB: Hunter Hale(jr.) Tee Howell(sr.) Cody Ricker(so.) will all battle for the spot but the much talented Ricker at QB would leave Howell at his best spot. I think it will end up Ricker.

FB: Dee Dee Johnson with KJ Kelley getting some touches and maybe Matt Helton on Jumbo.

WB: Tee Howell,Brandon Harrison,Tavin Blanton and others will see time. We will be pretty deep at this position

WR: Sandifer returns and did a great job as a soph. Clark may get a few reps here as well.

OL: Lynch,Yount,Penalba all return and Carmack and Haun could round out the OL with others getting good reps.

On D:

The Dline will bring back the Goose(chandler christian) and there will have to be some guys step up. I think the talent is there but it is just a matter of who wins the jobs.

LB: Helton,Broyles and either Rutherford,Bell,or un unemerged player at the other spot.

DB's Blanton and clark for sure and the other spots have the talent, we just needs to see who earns the job.

In short, we bring back 5 on D and 7 on O.

Projected Lineup for 09'

QB: Hunter Hale(jr.) Tee Howell(sr.) Cody Ricker(so.) will all battle for the spot but the much talented Ricker at QB would leave Howell at his best spot. I think it will end up Ricker.

FB: Dee Dee Johnson with KJ Kelley getting some touches and maybe Matt Helton on Jumbo.

WB: Tee Howell,Brandon Harrison,Tavin Blanton and others will see time. We will be pretty deep at this position

WR: Sandifer returns and did a great job as a soph. Clark may get a few reps here as well.

OL: Lynch,Yount,Penalba all return and Carmack and Haun could round out the OL with others getting good reps.

On D:

The Dline will bring back the Goose(chandler christian) and there will have to be some guys step up. I think the talent is there but it is just a matter of who wins the jobs.

LB: Helton,Broyles and either Rutherford,Bell,or un unemerged player at the other spot.

DB's Blanton and clark for sure and the other spots have the talent, we just needs to see who earns the job.

In short, we bring back 5 on D and 7 on O.

We really need Cody Ricker(so.) to step-up. He needs work on his footwork when he passes.

Maybe he can get into GA TECH summer Camp, send T-Howell too. If we can keep improving

our passing game, like this year, lookout.

schedule for next year is alot harder than 2008's. We need to work really hard in the weightroom

too get ready for next year. This could be the best Team Coach Hatcher has had.

I just want to thank Coach Hatcher & his Coaches for putting Morristown East back on the football

map. As a fan, it fells really good, knowing we have a chance to beat anyone we play now. Alot of

talent is on the way, just keep doing what you are doing & we will get that State Championship.

GO CANES! 2009 Bring it!

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Week 0 Saturday doubleheader.

Austin East @ Morristown East

Knox Fulton @ Morristown West

You'll get great gates. Mark it down, I'll be there.

Good information canefan72, keep it up.

These are exciting matchups and doubleheader format is interesting, but week 0? I'd hate to be the two that draw the early game. Afternoon in mid-august on that turf has got to be HOT! Get ready for key players to cramp up and effect the outcome of a big game.

These are exciting matchups and doubleheader format is interesting, but week 0? I'd hate to be the two that draw the early game. Afternoon in mid-august on that turf has got to be HOT! Get ready for key players to cramp up and effect the outcome of a big game.

The good news is we have guys that only play one way. Still, cramping will be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...