Morristown East Hurricanes

canefan72

Hey '72....I just sat and read this whole thread. It brings me great joy and, at the same time, a very heavy heart.

To hear the excitement in your words and the pride that you obviously have, deservedly so might I add,

just stands to remind me of how much fun high school football really is. For the first time in 13 years, I

have no vested interest this year. And let me tell you....it's hard. You had better enjoy it while you can.

Oh, I'll come to a few games just to see the kids I've known and cared about for several years but I don't

think it will be the same. My son, and I know you know who I am, started college 2 weeks after graduation

and right now all that is on his mind is having his B.S. degree before he's 21. I would like to think that I

had something to do with teaching him that drive but I know he learned it right there on that field at

Burke-Toney. Football is not the end of the world... It's just the beginning. You just get ready for what

sounds like could be another great season of Canes football and take care of those wonderful kids of

yours. God Bless and keep up the good work. I really enjoy your posts.

p.s. What sound does a hair lipped dog make? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> , that's still funny as heck, I don't care who you are.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new. Just regular fall camp. I have not had a chance to see anything this week but plan to check it out as they go live next week and get to hear that "pop" we love to hear as football fans. I will keep everybody updated or just stop by the track and lean on the fence with me and shoot the breeze.

Nothing new. Just regular fall camp. I have not had a chance to see anything this week but plan to check it out as they go live next week and get to hear that "pop" we love to hear as football fans. I will keep everybody updated or just stop by the track and lean on the fence with me and shoot the breeze.

The popping of the pads has started, how as the team looked. Is T-Howell working more at RB or

QB? What newcomer looks the best? GO CANES! :thumb:

Ricker is going to be the QB. Howell has worked at both receiver and wing. He will play CB on D as well. Garrettson looks solid on the O-line as does Nick Free on D. Howell will light it up this year with some memorable plays. Helton looks faster on D(@240 lbs.) than he has in the past.