Morristown East Hurricanes

canefan72

That a good start on scrimmaging Sullivan East & Bearden. Bearden should be vastly improved team

this year, should be a good test. Sullivan East is a mid level team, How will scrimmaging them make

us better? I hope we can get a scrimmage with the Oak-Ridge or Maryville. You have to play the best

to be the best. GO CANES!

DB always has tough scrimmages with Knoxville teams. South has Powell this fall. I'm sure MoTown always has Knoxville fall scrimmages. I wonder what Tennessee High has this fall. I agree it's good experience.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steele(lb -s) from Jeff co. will be here and should contribute.

Ricker is planning to do a camp or 2 but not sure when and where.

Helton,Penalba,Bell,Rutherford left to go to the Dean Hood camp @ EKU this morning.

Fall scrimmages are Sullivan East and Bearden. I'll post the dates later, I don't have them handy.

Who is Steele?

May be spelled wrong. I think he was #26 for JC last year.

Who is working with the offensive line? This will be a big key, if we want to make a

run at a State Championship. I know it was a spring scrimmage, but I felted we missed

too many blocks. Guys work hard this summer, listen to your coaches, and finish each block

like it was your last. Morristown East will have one of the best backfields in the whole state

of Tennessee. GO Canes!

1) Improve offensive line play.

2) Bring along Ricker at QB, so T-howell can play other position.

Who is working with the offensive line? This will be a big key, if we want to make a

run at a State Championship. I know it was a spring scrimmage, but I felted we missed

too many blocks. Guys work hard this summer, listen to your coaches, and finish each block

like it was your last. Morristown East will have one of the best backfields in the whole state

of Tennessee. GO Canes!

1) Improve offensive line play.

2) Bring along Ricker at QB, so T-howell can play other position.

I agree 100%. Those are the keys for us. I think the Oline will be young but very talented. The offseason workouts are going well.

Penalba,Christian and Helton made the 1000 lb. club last night.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree 100%. Those are the keys for us. I think the Oline will be young but very talented. The offseason workouts are going well.

Penalba,Christian and Helton made the 1000 lb. club last night.

I think the Dead Period has started, so when will the guys start-up for fall camp? Will the

Showcase games of Morristown East vs AE & Morristown West vs Fulton be on TV? I know

in the Knoxville area, their will be live high school games everyweek.

Note:(both games will be played on Sat. of week zero)

GO CANES!