Humboldt at Union City

red_16

Last night wasn't a Big Game....might have been in your eyes but everyone knew Union City would get beat and Humboldt should have won with what Union City lost last year.

Your coach has to proove he can win the big games on a consistant basis.

Has he ever won the Sate....didn't think so.

See, our coach can say that.

He is not my coach...I don't live in Humboldt. Just about everybody on this thread picked UC tio win including yourself.....now you are saying everybody knew UC would get beat.........check this out!!!!!

QUOTE (ucdiditagain @ Nov 23 2008 - 08:26

Union City will be up for this game and I predict a win for the Purple & Gold Teams, both Girls & Boys.

Humboldt is big, but Union City is going to throw 12 players runnin and gunnin all night and this early in the season, Union City is in better shape.

[quote name='ucdiditagain' date='Nov 26 2008 - 07:05 PM'

Last night wasn't a Big Game....might have been in your eyes but everyone knew Union City would get beat and Humboldt should have won with what Union City lost last year.

You look like a total fool. Make up your mind!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Say one thing before the game and another after. What a difference three days make!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now we're talkin....I just love starting trash.

but really, Union City, and you must admit, is one of the only teams in the State Of Tennessee to ever go undefeated the entire season and yes, surrounding states as well.

Now, you start talkin Oak Hill, , you can't...a school who has scholarships. I would hjave love to play them last year.

But, I can say and you can,t. Every team that tried last year to knock Union City for their first loss couldn't and like I said....still the Undefeated, 2007-2008 State Champions in Class A and for that matter ran the table at the Champions of Chmapions Tournament in Nashville that had all defending state champions from the previous year.

but really, Union City, and you must admit, is one of the only teams in the State Of Tennessee to ever go undefeated the entire season and yes, surrounding states as well.

Now, you start talkin Oak Hill, , you can't...a school who has scholarships. I would hjave love to play them last year.

But, I can say and you can,t. Every team that tried last year to knock Union City for their first loss couldn't and like I said....still the Undefeated, 2007-2008 State Champions in Class A and for that matter ran the table at the Champions of Chmapions Tournament in Nashville that had all defending state champions from the previous year.

Settle down dude...your starting to lose your composure and it's showing. Now you are pretty much saying Uc would have beaten Oak Hill last season.....Your funny!!!!!!!!! FOR REAL!!!!!!!!! Check this out!!!!! Seems you really don't have any credibilty!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Can you please explain these two post and how do you reconcile the two?

Union City will be up for this game and I predict a win for the Purple & Gold Teams, both Girls & Boys.

Humboldt is big, but Union City is going to throw 12 players runnin and gunnin all night and this early in the season, Union City is in better shape.

I don't recall any post where anyone said it was a big game especially Humboldt people. But I do remember UC people and others saying UC would win by 4 or 5 and that Humboldt would not blow them out.....but they did. Only a couple of your people predicted that UC would lose. The tone of your post seems to reveal that you are very angry over getting beat so bad.....not fun being on the receiving end of those believe me we know. Humboldt may or may not have issues with discipline and coaching but I know that coach Boykin has won some really big games and we support him as long as he is in that position. I'm sure his goal is to win a state title and share that honor with your coaches and I hope this is his year. No one is trying to take anything away from what UC has accomplished in the past but this is a new season and so they are down....you just have to deal with it. Yankee 8589 is right though...the way you come across really makes some of us in the district want to pull against UC.

I don't recall any post where anyone said it was a big game especially Humboldt people. But I do remember UC people and others saying UC would win by 4 or 5 and that Humboldt would not blow them out.....but they did. Only a couple of your people predicted that UC would lose. The tone of your post seems to reveal that you are very angry over getting beat so bad.....not fun being on the receiving end of those believe me we know. Humboldt may or may not have issues with discipline and coaching but I know that coach Boykin has won some really big games and we support him as long as he is in that position. I'm sure his goal is to win a state title and share that honor with your coaches and I hope this is his year. No one is trying to take anything away from what UC has accomplished in the past but this is a new season and so they are down....you just have to deal with it. Yankee 8589 is right though...the way you come across really makes some of us in the district want to pull against UC.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good luck to Humboldt this season...sounds like a good team.

Speaking of Big games he has won...what about beating UC in the Region Semis 2 years ago in West Carroll? lol...ucdiditagain, Humboldt had a team go undefeated and win the State Championship in 1946 (Doug Atkins was on the team). Don't give me that BS about how it was so long ago either; if you're still alive 60 years from now, I bet you will bring up how UC went undefeated and won the State Championship during the 2007-2008 season. Also, 4 out of the 7 of Humboldt's losses came from UC last year...1 from Bolivar, 1 from Middleton, and the other from Manassas. We beat Middleton this year and UC once already this year. Chances of going undefeated this year is pretty good until we play Manassas and Lake Co. I'm still not saying we will, but the chances are better than year's past. Oh red, I think I saw in the paper that Trenton played South Fulton and barely beat them; it was a high scoring game though. I think Humboldt's length will keep Trenton from getting comfortable behind the arc.

ucdiditagain............still waiting on that explanation.

ucdiditagain,

You have no credibility. You must be 12, if not you act like your 12. Union City is not the first team to go undefeated on the season. Perry County went undefeated a few years back and beat everybody at the state tournament by a huge margin. Other teams have done it as well. Take your 5 gold balls and cuddle them every night if it makes you feel better but dont keep telling us about it. We are tired of hearing it.

You are one of the reasons why alot of us in neighboring towns couldn't pull for Union City even at the state tournament, your attitude stinks. Pour it on him Yankee I'm with you.

not taking anything away from union city's season last year. but if u honestly think that mj brown could of defended brandon jennings then u are a fool. union city would of gotten smashed by oak hill. we're talkin future nba players against one maybe two mid major players... sorry they just would not match up...

For all you Humboldt "Dunk" fans, dunks do not win games and or championships. Defense and other fundamental things do.

You can "Dunk" all you want to and yes, it does add a little to the game but in the end it it only two points.

Union City ran the table all year last year 2007 - 2008 season playing teams much , much , much bigger than them and some 5A & 6A dending state champ teams from Georgia, East St. Louis and Little Rock Arkansas. Teams with div. 1 major prospects and yes, Union City was "Dunked" on but you know what....at the end of the game, Union City won the score that counted...on the scoreboard and not the "Dunk" contest.

So, yes, Humboldt is a special team, it IS VER Early and a Long season to go and yes, they will get beat.

We have something special at Union City that not many other schools have outside lake Co. and that is coaches who are awsome. Shane and Marty Sisco at Union City and Jimmy Whitby at Lake County.

Can you count we at Union City have ( 5 ) that is F I V E state championship rings since 1990 and just finished a season no one, no one will ever match in Western Tennessee or for that matter anywhere 37 - 0 and yes, I think Humboldt falls into the record books in the "L" side.

Good luck, I know we will be seeing you again and I would be a little worried when tournament time comes, we know you will be better and so will Union City.

We may be young, we may be small and we may look different but we are still Union City!!

Dude lay off a little...so what HBT fans like to see a couple of dunks a game..Just bc we blew yall out lastnight doesn't mean we are Crowned State champs..and we know that...it's early and HBT has a tough road ahead! but we can do it!

Come on now I know your bitter bc the big loss lastnight..leave the past in the past...We all know yall were 37-0 last year and Sisco has a ring I know that..but unless you have something to say about this season KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!