claiborne ?

mrv1

I watched Claiborne play M-Town West. Clearly the issues were first that Claiborne had not prepared for West. Claiborne players were lost on the court throughout the game. If it had not been for the mercy rule and the class act of the west coaching staff Claiborne would have been beaten by over 60 points. West was good but not that big of victory margin should have occurred. I along with the rest of the Claiborne fan section clearly heard Claiborne's best player said the team was embarrassed and that they needed a coach. Other players came out and said that the coach had told them before the game that she hoped that they did not lose they game by over 20 points. Is this confidence in your team or what? The score was 30 - 5 the first quarter and Claiborne continued their freeze style offense. Claiborne was outplayed because their coach was sinply outcoached. People need to realize that West's top player this season was ran off last season by Coach Cook Maybe Claiborne could have been competitive if Cook had not ran off all of those players last season. The attendance this season is horrible. Is or not? Last night they played a homeschool team and their were less that 75 people in the crowd. Is this Claiborne county Basketball at its best? If they are going to keep this coach then keep making future schedules like this one. Union Co, Claiborne Co, and next year who else will hire her to destroy their program. Bottom line is the community and players are suffering due the poor decision of politics.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----MWest----ALWAYS a STRONG team

You cannot speak for the Claiborne fan section,community, or otherwise. Many who observe see just the opposite.

Of course, the team didn't expect to win against MW(they usually don't under ANY coach),so playing within 20 pts. sounds like a reasonable goal to me.Claiborne(who has several young players) did play somewhat intimidated in the beginning.

Be reminded--Claiborne ended 2nd in the district last season under present coach.Check out the 3rd,4th,5th place district finishes in the trophy case 2005,2006 under previous coach--HELLO!!

Claiborne was outplayed--because MW is loaded with talent. They do not have a TOP player!--they have,at least FOUR(maybe more), TOP players,who were phenomenal. ONE player did not stand out or make the difference.

To the MANY who read these posts: Know that the opinions in the previous post represent only a very few---"Most " fans ,community,players, other coaches,administrators--are very pleased with the program, team ,and coaching staff.

----MWest----ALWAYS a STRONG team

RESPONSE: ------ C High WAS ALWAYS a STRONG team BEFORE -- CHECK the coacht previous schedules from the past

You cannot speak for the Claiborne fan section,community, or otherwise. Many who observe see just the opposite.

RESPONSE: You can tell that answer from the crowd support (students and community) at the games and players comments. The crowds are the smallest they've ever been according to one school administrator.

Of course, the team didn't expect to win against MW(they usually don't under ANY coach)

RESPONSE: Wrong again I checked Coacht claiborne Schedules from the past and noticed that you were wrong

so playing within 20 pts. sounds like a reasonable goal to me.Claiborne(who has several young players) did play somewhat intimidated in the beginning.

RESPONSE: Seems like to me that getting a new coach is a reasonable goal that should be set. Seems like every team she has coached has been young due to older players quitting all the time has had young players every year.

Be reminded--Claiborne ended 2nd in the district last season under present coach.Check out the 3rd,4th,5th place district finishes in the trophy case 2005,2006 under previous coach--HELLO!!

RESPONSE: This is true. I checked. Did you also check as I did that he won several district in his years of coaching? Look at coacht. He won more district games in his last year than she has at Union COunty and Claiborne combined in several years . By the way how did he finish 3rd, 4th, and 5th place in the two seasons you said. Maybe his varsity finished 3rd and his JV finished 4th in one season. HELLO. EXPLAIN.

To the MANY who read these posts: Know that the opinions in the previous post represent only a very few---"Most " fans ,community,players, other coaches,administrators--are very pleased with the program, team ,and coaching staff.

RESPONSE: WRONG AGAIN /b]

I've hesitated to post anything this season so I could wait and see whether improvement has been made. Last season I was at times critical but hopefully always respectful of everyone.

Thus far, Claiborne has shown gradual improvement in offensive execution and has much better chemistry than last year, and I'll use the Grainger High game last night as an example:

Grainger seems to have their own problems currently, but their roster is experienced and should have caused matchup problems for the Lady Bulldogs. Yet, CHS came out strong with an early lead, and aside from a brief lapse in focus late in the game they played well. I haven't seen the stats but Claiborne appeared to substantially out-rebound them and was clearly more aggressive on both ends. This was certainly noticed by the Claiborne fans attending who gave them a loud ovation at the end of the game. And a big shout-out to those CHS fans is due - there was about as big a turnout for the visiting team as for the home team.

I also attended the Morristown West game, and one cannot expect Claiborne this year to matchup with them. M-W is just too fast and has too many offensive threats. Plus, Taylor's ability to defend the paint shuts down Ariel's ability to post up and score off the block, placing more pressure on Mize, Killion, and Lindsey Hall to score from the perimeter. With M-W's relentless press, Claiborne had difficulty just getting the ball into the front court, and lost control of the game practically from the tip. In the end though, it IS just one opponent in the grand scheme of the season and not really a predictor of how the overall season will end up. I personally think they are doing well considering they don't have a height, size or speed advantage against most teams yet compensate with, as their t-shirts say," hustle and heart will set us apart."

One quick note on M-W:

M-W will be proven in my opinion to be one of the best teams in the region, if not the state. As someone said, they have several talented players, and with the addition of Taylor they have a lot of post-season potential. However, Taylor IS their top player - the M-W coach said as much in the Citizen Tribune after the Cocke Co. game last Tuesday. The sports headline was even subtitled "Hall of a Night" due to her 23 points and 19 rebound performance. There will always be regret all around with her transfer situation, yet I know she has many friends and supporters still in Claiborne Co. that wish her well and hopes she can realize her potential at M-W and be successful at the next level. I certainly do, and will cheer for her regardless of who she is playing.

I watched Claiborne play M-Town West. Clearly the issues were first that Claiborne had not prepared for West. Claiborne players were lost on the court throughout the game. If it had not been for the mercy rule and the class act of the west coaching staff Claiborne would have been beaten by over 60 points. West was good but not that big of victory margin should have occurred. I along with the rest of the Claiborne fan section clearly heard Claiborne's best player said the team was embarrassed and that they needed a coach. Other players came out and said that the coach had told them before the game that she hoped that they did not lose they game by over 20 points. Is this confidence in your team or what? The score was 30 - 5 the first quarter and Claiborne continued their freeze style offense. Claiborne was outplayed because their coach was sinply outcoached. People need to realize that West's top player this season was ran off last season by Coach Cook Maybe Claiborne could have been competitive if Cook had not ran off all of those players last season. The attendance this season is horrible. Is or not? Last night they played a homeschool team and their were less that 75 people in the crowd. Is this Claiborne county Basketball at its best? If they are going to keep this coach then keep making future schedules like this one. Union Co, Claiborne Co, and next year who else will hire her to destroy their program. Bottom line is the community and players are suffering due the poor decision of politics.

Honestly, when the pay is so low for teachers/coaches in the county, how can you expect the best coaches or even younger up and coming coaches to go there?

Not being mean, just honest.

Claiborne's program has definitely headed downhill since cook's arrival, That's a fact. They entered Christmas break with a losing record again and got soundly beaten by Gibbs and Seymour. Claiborne always dominated these schools before cook became coach. Seems they can only beat teams within their district which by the way is very weak overall. Check their records on coacht. According to players the team lacks both discipline and has a elementary offense. Who is responsible for this offense? Their best player was thrown out of practice and the next day got to start and play most of the game. Who appears to be running this team? This same player was quoted after the morristown west game as saying that they needed a coach. This weekend their playing in a tournament. Check out who they are playing. It's an embarrassment to the players. Ask them. I do believe that the community will pressure those in charge to make the necessary changes next year. I was at the Seymour game and Claiborne once again had no game plan. With the new district next season Claiborne will have to have a coach that can compete with south greene and greeneville. If not then this season may be their last district title season. Who would have thought this would happen a few years ago? Has the program went forward or backwards during her coaching time? What did she do at Union County that as head coach to be given this job? I've checked coacht and i find it had to believe thst she won only one district game and had a horrible overall record over several years? How did get this job? Could her supporters tell me?

claiborne plays David Branerd Christian School (K-12)enrollment under 100 and silverdale Christian academy 430 Pre-K - 12). Come on we all know that cook has said that they were going to play in a tough tournament in chattanooga. Claiborne has over 900 students.(9-12) They've already played a homeschool and now this. I agree it is a disappointment to the players and school. Does this sound like a tough tournament? Maybe to her it is.

claiborne plays David Branerd Christian School (K-12)enrollment under 100 and silverdale Christian academy 430 Pre-K - 12). Come on we all know that cook has said that they were going to play in a tough tournament in chattanooga. Claiborne has over 900 students.(9-12) They've already played a homeschool and now this. I agree it is a disappointment to the players and school. Does this sound like a tough tournament? Maybe to her it is.

WHAT A JOKE!