VOLUNTEER GIRLS AND SULLIVAN NORTH

outkast3000

Well here we go, I guess? Coach Meyers has had a chance to be with his new team of LADY VOLUNTEERS. What does he think after leaveing Va.? Does he have them ready to play on Friday night? Offense (check), Defense (check), starters (????). My pick:

1: McFarland (point-guard)- Moves the ball quickly, not selfish, and has varsity level experience. from what i hear.

2: Porter (shooting-guard)- Very fast, can shoot the long ball, against a zone defense, and has varsity level exp.

3: Price (guard)- Handles pressure good, can shoot the long ball as well, could have a great game, it's all up to her.

4: Lindholm (guard)-Quick and never say die attitude. Good learner and makes things happen. Watch the turnovers.

5: Walker (Center) I think that's her last name. Clean up the boards! You will know when it's your time to shoot.

Try running there legs off with the fast -break in the open court. If you have to run off screens to breakdown the middle and get inside of the paint for a quick jumpshot, because of the zone defense ( You probably will see first before they man up), set your pix hard and let them know that you are here to play. KEEP THE BALL MOVING,YOUR GUARNTEED A EASY BASKET!!!

Switch it up when they do start to play man-2-man and start feeding it inside:

1: Huddle (point-guard)- Great passer, breaksdown 1-on-1 defense, and can get it inside. Work on that defense.

2: Porter/alternate Anderson (Shooting guard)-When you need a 3 to bring you back or keep you futher ahead. watch your passes.

3: Odell/alternate Adkins( Forward) Both physically strong and can be of force on the offensive/defensive boards.

4: Walker (Small Forward) Post up underneath and let them feed you(your turn to shoot). Clean up the boards strong

5: Gilliam (Power Forward) Great player, good moves to the basket, will bring her "A" game for this season.

Try going with the height advantage, see if it plays to your favor. First look off each pass is to the inside player posted on the blocks.

Who ever starts, it's not when you play. It's what you contribute when you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GO LADY FALCONS!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here we go, I guess? Coach Meyers has had a chance to be with his new team of LADY VOLUNTEERS. What does he think after leaveing Va.? Does he have them ready to play on Friday night? Offense (check), Defense (check), starters (????). My pick:

1: McFarland (point-guard)- Moves the ball quickly, not selfish, and has varsity level experience. from what i hear.

2: Porter (shooting-guard)- Very fast, can shoot the long ball, against a zone defense, and has varsity level exp.

3: Price (guard)- Handles pressure good, can shoot the long ball as well, could have a great game, it's all up to her.

4: Lindholm (guard)-Quick and never say die attitude. Good learner and makes things happen. Watch the turnovers.

5: Walker (Center) I think that's her last name. Clean up the boards! You will know when it's your time to shoot.

Try running there legs off with the fast -break in the open court. If you have to run off screens to breakdown the middle and get inside of the paint for a quick jumpshot, because of the zone defense ( You probably will see first before they man up), set your pix hard and let them know that you are here to play. KEEP THE BALL MOVING,YOUR GUARNTEED A EASY BASKET!!!

Switch it up when they do start to play man-2-man and start feeding it inside:

1: Huddle (point-guard)- Great passer, breaksdown 1-on-1 defense, and can get it inside. Work on that defense.

2: Porter/alternate Anderson (Shooting guard)-When you need a 3 to bring you back or keep you futher ahead. watch your passes.

3: Odell/alternate Adkins( Forward) Both physically strong and can be of force on the offensive/defensive boards.

4: Walker (Small Forward) Post up underneath and let them feed you(your turn to shoot). Clean up the boards strong

5: Gilliam (Power Forward) Great player, good moves to the basket, will bring her "A" game for this season.

Try going with the height advantage, see if it plays to your favor. First look off each pass is to the inside player posted on the blocks.

Who ever starts, it's not when you play. It's what you contribute when you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GO LADY FALCONS!!!

As a parent of one of the girls you have listed, I really don't think this is your job to tell these girls what they need to work on. THAT IS COACH MYERS JOB. Why do you want to cause problems within our team? It seems to me the girls get along great and HOPEFULLY they do not read coacht. My advice to you is work at home with your own child to improve her skills and we will work with our girls at home on their skills that THAT COACH MYERS has told them to work on.

As a parent of one of the girls you have listed, I really don't think this is your job to tell these girls what they need to work on. THAT IS COACH MYERS JOB. Why do you want to cause problems within our team? It seems to me the girls get along great and HOPEFULLY they do not read coacht. My advice to you is work at home with your own child to improve her skills and we will work with our girls at home on thier skills that THAT COACH MYERS has told them to work on.

I couldn't agree more -- these posts are total UNCLASS to the whole team, and I know several girls that are not reading any of coacht because of troublemakers like this -- It would be a good idea to keep your assessement at the supper table and let Coach Myers do his thing, that's why he was hired and not you. Also, you contradict yourself in one post wanting to know if the game is Home or Away and then come in and critque each girl and yet you don't know where they're playing? If you are going to mention each girl by name, have the guts to say it to their face and the parents and not getting on here to start a bunch of crap. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I couldn't agree more -- these posts are total UNCLASS to the whole team, and I know several girls that are not reading any of coacht because of troublemakers like this -- It would be a good idea to keep your assessement at the supper table and let Coach Myers do his thing, that's why he was hired and not you. Also, you contradict yourself in one post wanting to know if the game is Home or Away and then come in and critque each girl and yet you don't know where they're playing? If you are going to mention each girl by name, have the guts to say it to their face and the parents and not getting on here to start a bunch of crap. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I have to chime in...I have a player at volunteer (a classy young lady and strong ball player) I also had an opportunity to get to know 2 of the other girls ( again classy young ladies)

No. 1 From a parent/coach point of view, be intelligent enough about the game to recognize that the poster was not being harsh. Quit wearing your feelings on your sleeve. Most troubles or as you so eliquently put it "crap" starts from home. In other words how accurate was the assessment of the poster?

No. 2 These blogs are for conversation and opinions from people who love the game. If you dont agree the debate the issues.

No. 3 How many families still gather at the supper table nightly /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> LOL

Folks its a game ( a SERIOUS GAME) but non the less a game.... encourage the kids to play it and to ENJOY every moment cause they grow up way too fast!!!!!!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I have to chime in...I have a player at volunteer (a classy young lady and strong ball player) I also had an opportunity to get to know 2 of the other girls ( again classy young ladies)

No. 1 From a parent/coach point of view, be intelligent enough about the game to recognize that the poster was not being harsh. Quit wearing your feelings on your sleeve. Most troubles or as you so eliquently put it "crap" starts from home. In other words how accurate was the assessment of the poster?

No. 2 These blogs are for conversation and opinions from people who love the game. If you dont agree the debate the issues.

No. 3 How many families still gather at the supper table nightly /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> LOL

Folks its a game ( a SERIOUS GAME) but non the less a game.... encourage the kids to play it and to ENJOY every moment cause they grow up way too fast!!!!!!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Not a problem with this post, but just don't hide behind it and act like your from the outside looking in when you are within, own up to it, be honest all the way, but I will never debate issues with our own team, maybe opponents, but for this group of girls every girl on VHS varsity and JV are all class acts, these Junior and Seniors have been through more than any high school team should ever have to go through.

Both Sullivan North and Volunteer have been down for years. Volunteer has been a little more competitive, especially when they were in the AA league, but still never won any titles and rarely advanced out of the district. Now that they are in the AAA ranks, they must compete with Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill, Tennessee High, Daniel Boone, and Sullivan Central. I would say sixth is the highest place that they could achieve this year. North will be fighting with Johnson County and West Greene to stay off of the bottom of the AA league. I would love to see both programs enjoy some success, but program building takes time, talent, coaching, community support, money, and committment. It does not happen overnight, but it will be interesting to see if progress is being made.

One more thing, you know I love you!!!!

Yes and he does

I too like to armchair coach and am very good at it, I have never lost a game.

Let the coach coach, the players play and the parents and fans cheer and support. If everyone does their job and THEIR JOB ONLY this could be Volunteer's best year in a long time. Maybe not in wins but I guarantee you other teams will know they have been in a game and will have respect for this team. GO FALCONS!!!