Warren Co. Vs Centenial Predictions?????

pioneer95

The pioneers drilled centenial last year for thier only win of the season. How does this game shape up this year. What do the pioneers look like with thier new coach. Centenial`s only a short drive from the boro and I might have to check this game out. Has centenial reloaded this year or do they still stink? :rolleyes:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets be careful about how we use the word "stink," as I can see that you are a Warren County supporter. For starters, Warren did not drill Centennial last year. They won a poorly played, sloppy game between two teams with minimal talent. And people who win a game a year at best, like the might Pioneers, should not talk about teams who stink. I played Warren County twice. Once in Warren County, a 42-9 obliteration and once in Franklin, a 25-0 shutout in which my defense allowed 48 total yds of offense. The Pioneer teams I've watched and played against were gutless and cowards. The majority would not even defend themselves. 300lb lineman being blown off the ball simply becuase they dont care enough to fight back. And maybe Centennial doesn't win too many games a year either, but I'd say they've got a leg up on Warren County. Anybody who has seen both teams, I'd hope would agree. So research your own squad before you start saying who stinks.

Considering that Warren Co. only won 1 game last year,the team that they did beat must really stink. Sure the pioneers are not the same as they 20 years ago, but maybe with this new coach they can turn it around. I only attended 2 games last year and even I was ashamed of them. This year is a new year and I think they might even win 3-4- games. Hey the Pioneers are coming up!!!!!!!

With all due respect, the only hope in the near future for Warren Co. is to bring Ray Barnes back, and it appears to me, that will never happen. I certainly wish the new coach @ Warren Co. and his team all the best. How in the world could ya'll let Coach Barnes get away from you in the first place? Trust me, it's not because he was dying to go to work for Boots! Like they say, "Hind sight is 20/20". And on a lighter note, did that Mitchell kid graduate or is he still playing. He was one of the better athletes Warren Co. had last year. Doesn't he have a little brother that plays?

Pioneer95:

Your posts are disgraceful and they discredit the Pioneer image. What does "95" represent? If it is the year you graduated, then you should certainly keep your mouth shut regarding Warren County football.

Centennial is probably a slight favorite in this game. Warren County benefited from turnovers last year, and the Pioneer defense played their best game of the year against the Cougars. I don't expect Centennial to beat themselves again this year. Warren County will have to score points to win this game, and scoring will be a problem for the Pioneers.

As for any comments about past coaches in Warren County, it is the players people. Coach Barnes is a good man, but Warren County won more games when they had players such as Jeff Womack, Glen Powers, Jerry Lusk, etc.

OK, let's set the record straight here. Warren county has fallen on some hard times over the last ten years and had one win (Centennial) last season. But Stan, don't take anything away from the kids who went out there and busted there collective humps to beat Centennial in Week 0. The Pioneers took advantage of turnovers and QB Joe Patterson gutted out a blue-collar effort to a win at Nunley Stadium. Sure it comes down to scoring, but let's not make Centennial out to be BYU. Heck the Pioneers obviously put it in the endzone more times than the guys from Franklin last year. It just never carried over till the last game of the season. Here's the last three seasons at Centennial.

1 Lebanon - Lost

2 Brentwood - Lost

3 Warren County - Won

4 Franklin - Lost

5 Page - Lost

6 Lincoln County - Lost

7 Lavergne - Lost

8 Riverdale - Lost

9 Franklin County - Won

10 Columbia - Lost

1 Lebanon - Lost

2 Brentwood - Lost

3 Warren County - Won

4 Franklin - Lost

5 Page - Lost

6 Lincoln County - Lost

7 Lavergne - Won

8 Riverdale - Lost

9 Franklin County - Won

10 Columbia - Lost

0 Warren County - Lost

1 Spring Hill - Won

2 Open -

3 Page - Won

4 Brentwood - Lost

5 Father Ryan - Lost

6 Franklin - Lost

7 Kenwood - Lost

8 Dickson County - Lost

9 Henry County - Lost

10 Clarksville - Lost

Overall: Won 11 lost 40

Playoffs: won 0 - lost 0

Regular Season: 11-40

That's 7-23 over the last three years (4-17 before that). I know that's better than WC's 3-27, it's not even close to .500. Last season they beat Kenwood (4-6) and Page (4-6). In 2000, Centennial knocked off Warren County and Franklin County (both 0-10) and LaVergne (3-7). And in 1999 Centennial got in the "W" column against Frnaklin county (3-7) and yes, the Pioneers again (2-8). All that is said to say this...I have too much time on my hands and that the margin between these to teams is not a heck of a lot. Again, Centennial has never come out of the blocks strong (0 for their history in week zero and one) and Warren County has is 2-1 in the last three years in openers. Centennial is riding a 7-game losing streak (dating from last year), while the Pioneers are coming in with a 9-game losing stretch (same). The one thing that could be the deciding factor is home field advantage. Warren County has not won on the road since week two in the 1999 season. Here's to turning those fortunes around this Friday. Is this post long??? Yes. Is it something I can print off and use for the pregame show this Friday??? Absolutely!!! GO PIONEERS!!!

;)

I dont know what else to say to convince people that this isn't the same warren county. We dont play like losers anymore so stop treatin us like we are. All i know is that we are stronger, faster and have more heart than i have ever seen on this team before. Friday night if things look bad we wont lay down in the corner and get stomped on we will fight until the buzzer sound and i can say this for all my teammates. We are out for blood ,and i dont intend things to go badly Friday night. Well for us anyway. ;)

Go get 'em Kingsnake!!! We'll be there to root you on. Saw you guys at practice today and was very impressed with the focus that you all had. The offensive philosophy is what alot of armchair quarterbacks were screaming for last season...balance. The line looks fundamentally sound and it looks like we have some guys who can take a lick and want to dish it out. Let's make the 2002 season one that we will all remember.

GO PIONEERS!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

You can't go from cellar-dwellar to contender very quickly. I would be shocked if WC won more than two games this year. It is very difficult to turn losers into winners. The WC players are accustomed to being losers and it will take a lot of patience to turn them into winners. I wish the new coach all the best, but I seriously doubt WC will have many wins this season. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't win a game. They have been losers so long they don't even know what it's like to win. The bottom line is WC hd a chance to hire a coach with a proven track record of winning in this area, and they opted for some unknown commodity from out of state. I think they will regret this decision in the near future. I miss the 1990 team

[Edited by KarlChilders on 8-21-02 12:30A]

[Edited by KarlChilders on 8-21-02 12:32A]

Warren County 18, Centennial 13.

Since the title of this thread asked for predictions, I figured it might be a good idea if somebody actually posted one.

How did I arrive at that final score? What magic formula, power rating system or crystal ball did I use?

None. But if you think I'm going to post any prediction other than a WCHS win, then stand on the sidelines around Kingsnake, BigGreg and the rest of those guys, you're CRAZY ;)

And by the way, I haven't heard anyone saying the Pioneers will be 'contenders' for anything. Their only declaration is they'll play hard. Is showing a little confidence so wrong? It's the season opener, for goodness' sake! Let's kick it off, swap some paint and see what happens from there before we start crying about who could've been coaching and whatever happened to those plus-.500 teams, shall we?

That's it. See you at Centennial.

Who cares what the pioneers did in the past. Heck the only glory years were in the late 70`s and early 80`s. That`s to long ago to worry about. I think this new coach was the best thing warren county could do. To many times they hire from within the "FAMILY" and you can see the results. This new out of town blood may do wonders for the school. The last time I was at a game the players seemed to quit in the 4 qt. and that was the coaches fault. I hope the new coach has them ready to play. I heard the band doesn`t even play the whole game or sometimes they don`t even show up. What gives with that. The band thinks it`s to good to play for the football team?????

WC 21 Cent. 17