St. Benedict head coaching position

Ace5

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. Benedict has an opening for a head coach. Just trying to gauge the interest out there. I am the only coach on the staff at this moment and wanted to see what people thought of the job.

If you still play the same schedule with ECS, CBHS, etc. you'll have a difficult time finding anyone willing to come take the beatings you have had in the past. Has your schedule changed? What type of athletes do you have? Do you think you have (honestly) any chance of competeting?

If you still play the same schedule with ECS, CBHS, etc. you'll have a difficult time finding anyone willing to come take the beatings you have had in the past. Has your schedule changed? What type of athletes do you have? Do you think you have (honestly) any chance of competeting?

Our league games are MUS, Briarcrest and CBHS. We do have some athletes and yes I do think we have a chance to compete. There are two main problems that we face. One is a lack of toughness on the defensive side of the ball. No matter how much we scheme things up these kids when it all boils down to it will not out a hat on somebody unless it is 10 yds down the field. Two is we cant recruit like the other schools we play so every week we know going in that they probably have more athletes than we do. We should have been able to beat more of our non conference schedule this year. If we can do that nxt year and get some momentum heading into those region games we would have a chance. Also if we were to start winning we would start getting players. Our middle school is on our campus and we lose 70 percent of those kids to other schools because we arent winning and our middle school has been normally good.

How long was the last HC at the position? Are you putting in for the job since you are already on staff?

He was there for 7 yrs. No I am no where near ready and I still have nine classes left before I will have my degree. I have heard there has been a lot of interest so far so I am excited. Losing is not very fun, but I look forward to coming in to coach here everyday because of the atmosphere and kids. I should be teaching here next yr. In a year or two I am gonna look for a coordinator's position and then for a head coaching job. I would say in about 6 to 7 yrs I will be ready.

He was there for 7 yrs. No I am no where near ready and I still have nine classes left before I will have my degree. I have heard there has been a lot of interest so far so I am excited. Losing is not very fun, but I look forward to coming in to coach here everyday because of the atmosphere and kids. I should be teaching here next yr. In a year or two I am gonna look for a coordinator's position and then forward a head coaching job. I would say in about 6 to 7 yrs I will be ready.

Well ... in that case I hope the program finds the right guy for the job. Sounds like it has a lot of potential.

Well ... in that case I hope the program finds the right guy for the job. Sounds like it has a lot of potential.

I think so. I do not think a head coach will apply for it. More than likely a position coach or coordinator. I was thinking about going to the all star game since our quarterback is playing in it, but my wife has already made plans for us so I do not know.

Well if you are the only coach on staff where did the other coaches go? Are they going with the old coach? How many coaches actually teaches at the school? Does the football coach, coach anything except football or is there other duties like baseball etc... I ask because I saw on the TSSAA that St. Benedict is looking for a baseball coach as well and I know at some private schools the football coaches are required to do other things. How many seniors are returning next year, and I seen where you posted it didn't matter what scheme yall came up with the kids wouldn't put a hat on anybody. Well what offense and defense did St. Benedict run last season?

The head coach, wr, te, lb (defensive coordinator) coaches left to pursue other opportunities. The d-line and db coach retired from coaching. The RB coach who was also the head baseball coach got a federal law enforcement job. There are about 15 seniors coming back next year. Offensively we ran the pistol offense that Nevada runs and the 3-3-5 defensively and as of right now there are no coaches on the staff since I am more than likely gonna take another position that was offered to me, just have to do some formality stuff.