Morgan County Schools need to consodilate..............

TigerDog

I'm not an oakdale fan. I'm not even a Morgan County Fan at all. But Point #1 there are 61 teams in A football in Tennessee. There are 101 Teams in A Baseball in Tennessee. There are 105 teams in A Basketball in Tennessee. So in order to reach the top 8 in Single A basketball you have to outplay 97 teams come tournament time. In order to reach the Top 8 in baseball you must outplay 93 come tournament time. In Baseball and Basketball every team gets a chance come tournament time. Football Only the top so many get to play in the playoffs. So in Logic it's harder to get to the top 8 in basketball & baseball than top 8 in football. You have to win more games. When you get to the top 8 in basketball and baseball you are not limited to east tennessee teams like it is in football. When Saying Oakdale Girls Basketball was more of a program than Coalfield football it was a bash to Coalfield football not praise to Oakdale girls basketball.

What makes Coalfield Football the most prestigious sport in Morgan County? Break it down for me, and prove to me Coalfield football has won more Region Championships than for example Oakdale Girls Basketball. And not to stir the pot, but when Coalfield football went to the final 4 in football, they had some Non-Coalfield Help. If anything Coalfield football is the most debatable program in Morgan County. They've had major contributors "transfer in". This year Coalfield football was "mostly" coalfield kids, with the exception of a couple new faces and they ended up 4-7?? Jacketqb you have made in no mystery who you are. Just a lil tid bit of information you are 4-4 in the playoffs. And all four wins came your freshman and sophomore years when I doubt many of your classmates were contributors. I'm not bashing you as a player, all I'm sayin is bragging about never missing the playoffs, yet never making any noise once you got there is mind puzzling.

And Final thoughts, When Kids get in college, alot do not make it because they have no will power. It's not as much bad preperation for it, but the Kids dont have a desire to work hard. I've known Coalfield, Oakdale, Sunbright, and Wartburg kids all drop out of college very quickly. But I also know kids from all four schools that have done very well in college.

FYO- Coalfied is 4-5 against my school in the past 8 years in football.

Don't get me wrong about Coalfield. I'm not a fan of them at all. You are right about them recieving transfers from other schools. Happens in girls basketball also for them, I know a girl from Sunbright that went to coalfield after her freshman year, her parents rented a trailer in Coalfield and never spent any time there. Coalfield athletics in general are dirty,( meaning they will do what ever to win). Little league there is extremely dirty also, in every sport. Ted man gets kids from Wartburg, and other places to stock his teams. I'm just saying wins and loses wise Coalfield has the cake, however they done it. I'm for consolidation, 2 school if you have to. Wouldn't jump up but one classification with 2 schools. Just a dream I know.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalfield Football Winning Percentage since 2001- .541%

Wartburg Boys Basketball Winning Percentage since 2001- .586%

Looks like Wartburg's Guys have done a little better in the win and losses column since 2001. I'm just stating Fact because I'm tired of hearing about Coalfield's great football program. They might have the best football program in Morgan County, but Morgan County teams are inferior to Teams outside of Morgan County.

Looks like Wartburg's Guys have done a little better in the win and losses column since 2001. I'm just stating Fact because I'm tired of hearing about Coalfield's great football program. They might have the best football program in Morgan County, but Morgan County teams are inferior to Teams outside of Morgan County.

First off I live in Blount Co. Now a long time ago,powers at be thought two new schools would be best for Blount.They

took Friendsville,Lanier,Porter,Towsend,and Walland and came up with Heritage and William Blount. Football has had the worst record at Heritage of any 5a school I know of.So becareful what you wish for. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lol. Well if your considering " guys" as in all the boys in the school. I doubt it. And talk about Wartburg basketball would be just as high if people around here actually cared about basketball besides people in Wartburg. Football runs the county as it does in all east TN counties. No need for consolidation in my mind it would take the competetive spirit out of all the sports. But, your doing the easy part, that is running your mouth over the jealousy you have for Coalfield !!!!!

Oh Please Jacketqb, Your basketball team has been terrible which outweights the losses the Wartburg Kids have takin in football. Not to mention 13-0 to a team that had lost what 40 in a row? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I'm not jealous of Coalfield athletics at all. Not a lot to be jealous of. And your right combining the schools would put alot of kids on the sidelines and force the barely average athletes in Morgan County to play above average athletes from schools such as AE, Fulton, ETC...... And to the Wartburg fans, They understand talk only goes so far. Wartburg is a classy school, and I always enjoy playing them. Especially in Region Semi-Final Games /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

FYI- There are more D-1 athletes from East Tennessee getting significant playing time on the hard wood than there are on the Grid Iron. So East Tennessee Must care about Basketball a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if the schools did combine. I don't think there should be an all county school they should separate the schools by north and south. Sunbright and Wartburg Combine to make the north side. Coalfield and Oakdale combine to make the south. The school for Sunbright and Wartburg could be built in Sunbright, because there is land all around Sunbright School actually looks like theres a desert around. For the south I don't really now where you could put the school because I don't know the surrondings of the south of Morgan County. But one of the worst thing about it is Sunbright, Coalfield, Wartburg, and Oakdale don't get along at all in fact people from each school can stand each other.

• 2 weeks later...

If this was to happon, the Coalfeild parrents woould send they're kids to Oliver Sprimgs or Hairmann to avoidd them Wattbird idiots. I'd rather send my kids to Mossie Grove Ackademy than to Wattbird.

HAHAHA wow /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> this has to be the worse spelling i have seen on coacht

This dude sounds like a politician. Cunberland county done it for years. It is a big county, bigger than Morgan. Schools spread out all over, from Pine View, to Pleasant Hill, and Homestead. Proper planning could make it happen. There is no way that a kid would have to ride that long with it done right.

ya but me bein from cumberland county, my son plays football and we kind of wish they didnt make another high school, they shouldve made stone bigger and shut cchs down because look at our football teams. both are pretty horrible. o well maybe time will help. stone has an all new coaching staff

ya but me bein from cumberland county, my son plays football and we kind of wish they didnt make another high school, they shouldve made stone bigger and shut cchs down because look at our football teams. both are pretty horrible. o well maybe time will help. stone has an all new coaching staff

But then again, we were tied for the number 1 hardest schedule in the state, which consisted of teams like, Scott Co., Fulton, AE, Knox. Catholic, Anderson Co., and Ensworth.

But then again, we were tied for the number 1 hardest schedule in the state, which consisted of teams like, Scott Co., Fulton, AE, Knox. Catholic, Anderson Co., and Ensworth.

Yep, that was a pretty rugged schedule. I believe in a few years you all might be something to deal with.

Stone also lost to a 1-9, Class 2A Bledsoe football team so I'm not sure how much a weaker overall schedule would have helped.

Is this talk about consolidation just wishful thinking, that it happens, or is it being considered seriously? Right now in Chattanooga there's legitimate discussion about closing schools and combining some due to some being so underutilized. Some of their zoning decisions have been at least part of the fault in my opinion (one school with 2000, overcrowded by several hundred is near a magnet 1/4 that size which used to be Class AAA-their solution instead of shifting students was to build a new East Brainerd school for 40 or 50 million dollars. If you want a consolidation for for athletic reasons I don't see it happening. But if it did, with a larger school you would be more likely to have sports like wrestling and soccer if any of them don't now. As for players not getting off the sideline, I'd think you'd have more having to wait until their junior or senior seasons to become starters or contributors, but the good players would eventually get on the field even if they weren't an every down star.