Morgan County Schools need to consodilate..............

TigerDog

Guest Shocker0

If you do not have any data to support your opinion, then by omission - you have no reason to expect a great program. It would be grim, period!!!!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do not have any data to support your opinion, then by omission - you have no reason to expect a great program. It would be grim, period!!!!!!!!

Oakdale 11-69 record the last 8 years, Sunbright 27-56, Wartburg 26-59. Coalfield was the only school with winning record, 61-33. The county was 125-217 the last 8 years. It seems pretty grim now. It would be bad for a few years, it would get better though.

This thread has been started before. It's simple, They will never pass the idea of One Major High School in Morgan County. It would not help athletics, because it would be the same athletes. Your telling me the best 11 in morgan county is better than the best 11 in Fulton, AE, etc. Don't think so. Athletics are for fun in Morgan County. It gives kids something to look forward to, and may actually inspire some to work hard in school. Making one big high will cut out alot of kids that play now. Look at the amount of Kids from Morgan County playing college athletics that are not freshman? Maybe 5? Morgan County is not a big Athletic area. I'm sorry, but it is the truth. Combining schools would not improve programs.

Side note: Coalfield football has how many state tournament appereances?

Coalfield girls basketball, Wartburg boy's and girls basketball, Oakdale Girls basketball have all been to state.

And Coalfield BASEBALL team won a state championship. I would consider Oakdale Girls basketball more of a program than Coalfield Football.

This thread has been started before. It's simple, They will never pass the idea of One Major High School in Morgan County. It would not help athletics, because it would be the same athletes. Your telling me the best 11 in morgan county is better than the best 11 in Fulton, AE, etc. Don't think so. Athletics are for fun in Morgan County. It gives kids something to look forward to, and may actually inspire some to work hard in school. Making one big high will cut out alot of kids that play now. Look at the amount of Kids from Morgan County playing college athletics that are not freshman? Maybe 5? Morgan County is not a big Athletic area. I'm sorry, but it is the truth. Combining schools would not improve programs.

Coalfield girls basketball, Wartburg boy's and girls basketball, Oakdale Girls basketball have all been to state.

And Coalfield BASEBALL team won a state championship. I would consider Oakdale Girls basketball more of a program than Coalfield Football.

Finally, some one with some unbiased insight.

Finally, some one with some unbiased insight.

Watching the sorry Sequoyah spectacle year after year I think you are better off keeping your own schools and traditions. I suspect most of the folks in Vonore and Madisonville would rather have their own schools back. As far as I can tell sports seem to have gotten worse and academics seem to have suffered as well. 12 or 13 years since the consolidation and they barely avoid open warfare between the two communities.

I was a senior on the Coalfield Football team this year and i never missed the playoffs. And if you are reffering to the state finals , then the last i checked there were 8 spots in the state final tournament for Basketball and Baseball. So, no Coalfield hasn't made the finals but who has made the final 2 in any sport in the county, besides Coalfield Baseball in 1998???? But if you want to say the final for football are the last 8 teams left then i have made it in football twice and the year before when i was in 8th grade they made the semi-finals, which is only 4 teams left., in case you didn't know. So, no i wouldn't say Coalfield has ever had a football program of any kind. Wow you are a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Must be an Oakdale fan. What an Idiot. Oakdales girls record the last 7 years is 98-103. Coalfield was 128-87 same period, Wartburg was 127-80. Sunbright was awful. Oakdale sounds 3rd rate to me(3rd place last 7 yrs) I don't know what went on in the 90's. In the 80's till the 90's it was Wartburg, and Coalfield that was the the hosses, maybe Oakdale with 1 year. I was in high school in the early 80's. In the 70's and early 80's it was Sunbright and Wartburg ladies that done the winnng. Sunbright was good in the 60's also. Oakdale went to one state tournament, Coalfield with 1, and Wartburg with 1. Oakdale is a great program ladies wise, but that statement wasn't right about them being more of a program than Coalfield football. There not the most storied program in the county girls b-ball.

Consolidation would help academically. Sports is not everything I know. Our kids need to be ready for college when they graduate though. County taxes would be cheaper(should be). It would be better.

I'm not an oakdale fan. I'm not even a Morgan County Fan at all. But Point #1 there are 61 teams in A football in Tennessee. There are 101 Teams in A Baseball in Tennessee. There are 105 teams in A Basketball in Tennessee. So in order to reach the top 8 in Single A basketball you have to outplay 97 teams come tournament time. In order to reach the Top 8 in baseball you must outplay 93 come tournament time. In Baseball and Basketball every team gets a chance come tournament time. Football Only the top so many get to play in the playoffs. So in Logic it's harder to get to the top 8 in basketball & baseball than top 8 in football. You have to win more games. When you get to the top 8 in basketball and baseball you are not limited to east tennessee teams like it is in football. When Saying Oakdale Girls Basketball was more of a program than Coalfield football it was a bash to Coalfield football not praise to Oakdale girls basketball.

What makes Coalfield Football the most prestigious sport in Morgan County? Break it down for me, and prove to me Coalfield football has won more Region Championships than for example Oakdale Girls Basketball. And not to stir the pot, but when Coalfield football went to the final 4 in football, they had some Non-Coalfield Help. If anything Coalfield football is the most debatable program in Morgan County. They've had major contributors "transfer in". This year Coalfield football was "mostly" coalfield kids, with the exception of a couple new faces and they ended up 4-7?? Jacketqb you have made in no mystery who you are. Just a lil tid bit of information you are 4-4 in the playoffs. And all four wins came your freshman and sophomore years when I doubt many of your classmates were contributors. I'm not bashing you as a player, all I'm sayin is bragging about never missing the playoffs, yet never making any noise once you got there is mind puzzling.

And Final thoughts, When Kids get in college, alot do not make it because they have no will power. It's not as much bad preperation for it, but the Kids dont have a desire to work hard. I've known Coalfield, Oakdale, Sunbright, and Wartburg kids all drop out of college very quickly. But I also know kids from all four schools that have done very well in college.

FYO- Coalfied is 4-5 against my school in the past 8 years in football.