CPA 56 Hillwood 38

duck1220

This game was closer than the final score indicates. CPA pulled the ball out into 5 High in the 4th quarter forcing Hillwood to foul. CPA did a good job converting from the line.

I disagree. The outcome was never really in doubt. CPA led (I think) 11-3 early, then never led by less than 5 the whole game. In the 2nd half, they led by 9-10 the whole half, then extended the lead in the 4th.

What game were you at? Hillwood made a few 3's to stay respectable, but CPA would beat them every time, especially considering this was on the road, Miller got in foul trouble in the 1st half, and Z Mason didn't play.

I disagree. The outcome was never really in doubt. CPA led (I think) 11-3 early, then never led by less than 5 the whole game. In the 2nd half, they led by 9-10 the whole half, then extended the lead in the 4th.

What game were you at? Hillwood made a few 3's to stay respectable, but CPA would beat them every time, especially considering this was on the road, Miller got in foul trouble in the 1st half, and Z Mason didn't play.

It was a 7-9 point game until the 4th when CPA pulled the ball out to run the clock and force the foul. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Christ Presbyterian Academy (1 - 0 - 0) 18 9 16 13 56

Hillwood High School (1 - 1 - 0) 9 10 17 2 38

Game Summary

Game Statistics

Opponents A FGA FGM 3PA 3PM FTA FTM TO Blks R S PF TF

Christ Presbyterian Academy 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Hillwood High School 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Christ Presbyterian Academy

Player Points FGs 3pts FTs

Tyler Aberg 1 0 0 0

David Anderson 19 0 3 0

Will Franklin Chapman 10 0 2 0

Bryant Constantine 1 0 0 0

Marshall Ellson 5 0 0 0

Hunter Miller 18 0 2 0

Matt Zelenik 2 0 0 0

Hillwood High School

Player Points FGs 3pts FTs

20 Randy Carter 4 0 0 0

44 Jimmie Goodloe 12 0 0 0

10 Tevon Mitchell 3 0 1 0

30 Reggie Rucker 3 0 1 0

2 Brandon Tyler 5 0 1 0

23 Max Ugboaja 4 0 0 0

25 Cody Vanatta 2 0 0 0

15 Markees Walker 5 0 1 0

It was a 7-9 point game until the 4th when CPA pulled the ball out to run the clock and force the foul. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I repeat - the game was never in doubt, and CPA did not stall very much in the 4th. I don't have a written play-by-play account, but I don't think CPA led by less than 7 at any point after the 1st quarter. They made Hillwood come out and guard (which is what you do when you have a lead) and shot a few free throws, but not that many.

Even if they had played up tempo in the 4th, they would have still won.

You are right that the final score was the largest lead they had, and that CPA stretched the lead in the 4th, but my main point was that CPA was definitely the better team, even without Z Mason.

That's enough of that. CPA going to have a great year.

I repeat - the game was never in doubt, and CPA did not stall very much in the 4th. I don't have a written play-by-play account, but I don't think CPA led by less than 7 at any point after the 1st quarter. They made Hillwood come out and guard (which is what you do when you have a lead) and shot a few free throws, but not that many.

Even if they had played up tempo in the 4th, they would have still won.

You are right that the final score was the largest lead they had, and that CPA stretched the lead in the 4th, but my main point was that CPA was definitely the better team, even without Z Mason.

That's enough of that. CPA going to have a great year.

That was the only point I was making about the game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to CPA this year.