Goodpasture @ Milan

CougarBrown

Husker is a member that donated the field paint and plan to do it for the rest of my life. Your welcome from everyone at Milan Decorators Inc.

And I am a member that Paints it for every home game. We thank you for your donation and hope it doesnt end. I really think its good for the players and the fans. Really shows a lot about Milan Football. I had heard other reasons for why they may stop it after this year. Has nothing to do with Milan Decorators. You all have done nothing but went above and beyond what anyone else would do. Thanks!! Just counting the minutes now till FRIDAY.....GO DAWGS!!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to a GP fan who said this year's GP team is not near as talented as the 06 team. Good news for Milan was this years Milan team is WAY more talented than the 06 Milan team (more offensive weapons). Bad news is the winner has to play Alcoa.

Again, what does it matter? Does it matter if this years team is smaller or faster than Goodpasture's 06 team, or does it matter that Milan's 06 team had this, and the 08 team has that. Milan's uniforms were this, and Goodpasture's was that. The 06 field was painted like this, now its like that. WHO CARES! That has nothing to do with these boys and this game! Period! And you talked to someone who played a couple years ago that said this and said that. Now I know that the older you get, the bigger the stories and the better you get. So lets take that in perspective, OK! As far as this game, Lets see what happens Friday night. The past teams on both sides will not be on the sidelines! And remember, all we have heard all playoff season is that this years Stewart County team was different from past seasons. Then we heard that the undefeated Lewis County team was different from past seasons, then we heard that this years CPA team was the best in 10 years. So my point is, it does not matter what we hear or say, these boys will determine the outcome! End of story!

Again, what does it matter? Does it matter if this years team is smaller or faster than Goodpasture's 06 team, or does it matter that Milan's 06 team had this, and the 08 team has that. Milan's uniforms were this, and Goodpasture's was that. The 06 field was painted like this, now its like that. WHO CARES! That has nothing to do with these boys and this game! Period! And you talked to someone who played a couple years ago that said this and said that. Now I know that the older you get, the bigger the stories and the better you get. So lets take that in perspective, OK! As far as this game, Lets see what happens Friday night. The past teams on both sides will not be on the sidelines! And remember, all we have heard all playoff season is that this years Stewart County team was different from past seasons. Then we heard that the undefeated Lewis County team was different from past seasons, then we heard that this years CPA team was the best in 10 years. So my point is, it does not matter what we hear or say, these boys will determine the outcome! End of story!

i could have told u lewis and stewart werent as advertized but i had no idea about cpa but i agrree the boys that step on that field friday night will be the ones to settle it not us or anyone else

I think it was intended to be a marker. Nothing more. The last time most of us saw Goodpasture was in the '06 semis. Therefore, we can tell alot about what Goodpasture has based on what their fans say about which one of their teams was better. So, it doesn't determine anything on the field, it just gives us regular fans something to guage off of.

i could have told u lewis and stewart werent as advertized but i had no idea about cpa but i agrree the boys that step on that field friday night will be the ones to settle it not us or anyone else

Sure you can tell me now. But during those weeks, everyone was saying this and that. I can show you the posts. So my point is, it does not matter what people say in life, it matters what they do! So good luck to both sides, may everyone come away healthy, and may the best team win.

then we heard that this years CPA team was the best in 10 years.

I don't remember any from CPA saying this years team was the best in 10 years.

Apparently you don't remember the 2000 team. Anyway, CPA knew that this years

team was not the best, but they excelled with what they had. Pre season and early season

injuries really hurt CPA but most returned before our season ended.

You started your post What does it matter? so why bring it up.

Good Luck

Can't agree with you on LCHS. It ended up 28-21. Lewis had the ball driving at the end and the runner instead of going out of bounds for one last play turned in and got caught. Lewis was a good test for GP, and I think GP would admit that Lewis played them tough. Looking forward to seeing this game. It has the makings of a good one. If Milan can keep GP close for the first half, should really make for a great one!

GP was the better team that night , and there is no shame losing to GP, young but good. #24 was the differance, and LCHS didn't have the depth to hang. Leiws did play hard and it was competitive game.

Good luck to both! Like they say......The winner gets Alcoa.

I don't remember any from CPA saying this years team was the best in 10 years.

Apparently you don't remember the 2000 team. Anyway, CPA knew that this years

team was not the best, but they excelled with what they had. Pre season and early season

injuries really hurt CPA but most returned before our season ended.

You started your post What does it matter? so why bring it up.

Good Luck

Good Point.

This will be my first time going to a game in Milan. Looking forward to a great atmosphere, and a hard fought game! It doesn't look like the stadium is at the high school on Mapquest. Could someone post the location of the stadium? Thanks.

The stadium sits right in the center of town. The high school used to be located across the street years ago. It is at the intersection of Hwy. 79 & Hwy. 45. Hope you enjoy the atmosphere.

Is the game going to be on the radio in Jackson?

Yes - 97.7 located in Jackson