Oakland @ Ooltewah

ImaOWL

The whole point is Ooltewah will never play private schools. Not for an easy win, not to beat the kids that should be at Ooltewah. The administration just won't let them play private schools, I am sure alot of the players would love too. Therefore, none of the other public schools in Chattanooga or East TN will play them because they don't want to lose, they would rather have an easy win against a different opponent, so Ooltewah only plays 9 games.

Check out Ooltewah's other sports before you say the administration won't let them play. They are playing them in other sports: volleyball, wrestlng, baseball, softball, just to name a few.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great stats mr. limbaugh...

Region 4-5A is so tough...you win it and you are hard to stop...

think of how tough oakland's wins were this year against region 4-5A teams

**OHS beat riverdale 17-6...game much closer than score

**beat wilson central 16-10

**beat smyrna 24-17 in 4 overtimes

**lost to lebanon 14-17

**beat siegel 21-10

**beat blackman 7-0...this probably should have been at least an overtime game

**beat smyrna again in playoffs 9-3

then go beat the Owls big time...this is not taking anything from Oakland...just shows how tough this region really is...and how folks around the state do not understand how tough it is to survive and win in this region...

We region 3 fans (Cookeville, Lincoln Co, Warren Co and the others) know how good region 4 is first hand. We cant get anybody past the second round against those fellers. We go away with a good felling inside when we give them a close game. They are one of the reasons our region sometimes looks so bad. Maybe with the new system we can play somebody besides them in the fist round!

We region 3 fans (Cookeville, Lincoln Co, Warren Co and the others) know how good region 4 is first hand. We cant get anybody past the second round against those fellers. We go away with a good felling inside when we give them a close game. They are one of the reasons our region sometimes looks so bad. Maybe with the new system we can play somebody besides them in the fist round!

as a blackman supporter and fan...i sometimes wish we were in another region...but on the other hand am glad that we have to play tough ball each week...

it also shows that blackman had a pretty good team even though we went 5-5...losing to oakland 7-0 and holding them to 108 yards total offense...beating a playoff bound siegel team and lincoln county team...and being down to symrna 3-0 with 5 minutes left in the game...etc...etc...etc...if 16-18 year old kids don't show up on a night in our region...you can forget it...there certainly are other teams in our region that could say the same thing...i think of WC and even lebanon...

hats off to oakland for showing up every week but one during a long and tough season...they certainly have earned being in the finals

If region 4=sec than region 6 must equal the NFL. Going to be a great game with Oakland and franklin but I wouldn't jump out and say that region 4 is a dominant region just yet

Umm.. No... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

4-5A is 3-2 vs 6-5A averaging 27.8 per game while giving up 15.6

4-5A has 6 gold balls and 6-5A has 4

4-5A = SEC

6-5A = Big 10

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There was ALOT of quotes like that from Franklin in 2004 also. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If I remember the game correctly they FINALLY scored in the LAST 2 minutes of the game against R'dales THIRD string! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

So what the heck does that have to do with the 2008 Championship game and, by the way, where is R'dale? Livin' in the past.

Umm.. No... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

4-5A is 3-2 vs 6-5A averaging 27.8 per game while giving up 15.6

4-5A has 6 gold balls and 6-5A has 4

4-5A = SEC

6-5A = Big 10

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually, I think when you look at how they play and what they run, I would consider 6-5A more big 12 than anything else.

Nobody said anything about the coach at all, i think he s brilliant...

More than anything I was anticipating the remarks we've seen all year. You know, the ones about not playing the right kids or questioning the coach's play selection. I encourage you to revisit the Ooltewah vs. Maplewood thread. On this thread, following the game, there were a couple of jabs at Ooltewah's play calling -- one of which was deleted, though it was captured and quoted if you go back and look at the original version of the following post.

From what I seen tonight it was more like run,run,run,run,pass.

Cletus you sure dont mind pointing the finger at all the other kids and positions on the field so why are you taking up for the QB who does no wrong??????????????????

It really wasn't my intention to "take up" for the QB but to point out that Ooltewah's shortcomings were widespread. To that end I spoke of groups of players and entire units. The repeated criticisms levelled specifically at that kid this year have been uncomfortable to read.

I knew my Oakland boys would pull it off! Just shocked that it was by so much! WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Way to go, guys. You have represented the BORO well! I told you guys awhile back that we go in 10 yr increments since I have lived here in the Boro. To state in 88, 98, and now 08!! I feel for the OWLs. We lost in the semis to Sevier County who won in 99. It was a sad ride home......to say the least. So much hope and optimism dashed. To say great season to yall sounds really hollow like it did to us.

I am so excited about us playing my boy DONNIE WEBB for the gold. Either way it comes out .......I will be both happy and sad. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Enjoy this week and all that it brings.

Way to turn it up a notch big SAM BASS!!