Oakland @ Ooltewah

ImaOWL

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody agrees that this is going to be a close defense-dominated game, right? If that's true and field position is going to play a huge role, I like the Owls for one reason: THEY HAVE A KICKER! If Oakland can't change field position with their punter and we have one of the best kickers in the state, it is going to be even tougher for Oakland to put up points. From what I hear, Oakland will not even be able to make field goals outside 30 yards. Is that true Oakland fans?

If it is, you're gonna have to drive the length of the field and score touchdowns. Good luck! You might do it once, but that's not gonna be enough. The only thing that can stop the Owls are turnovers.

Owls 17

Pats 7

Everybody agrees that this is going to be a close defense-dominated game, right? If that's true and field position is going to play a huge role, I like the Owls for one reason: THEY HAVE A KICKER! If Oakland can't change field position with their punter and we have one of the best kickers in the state, it is going to be even tougher for Oakland to put up points. From what I hear, Oakland will not even be able to make field goals outside 30 yards. Is that true Oakland fans?

If it is, you're gonna have to drive the length of the field and score touchdowns. Good luck! You might do it once, but that's not gonna be enough. The only thing that can stop the Owls are turnovers.

Owls 17

Pats 7

Smyrna had one of the best also but he wasnt as effective once we got in his head. Just bc you have a great kicker doesnt mean our defense and special teams wont be knocking on the door to block a punt/field goal. There arent many kickers in region 4 who could really hang a ball in the air on a kick off or punt so giving Nelson any opportunity to return it doesnt play in your favor. Who needs a kicker when you're converting on key 3rd and 4th downs? and even if we have to punt we feel like we are okay bc our defense brings it every single series. Both teams at some point are going to drive it the entire length of the field and the owls arent going to score 17 on the pats. My adivce to you would be not to pay attention to what you hear. If we have to kick a 40 yard field goal best believe we are going to find a way!

"The only thing that can stop the Owls are turnovers." Count on it ...

Oakland-7

Ooltewah-6(2 field goals)

Smyrna had one of the best also but he wasnt as effective once we got in his head. Just bc you have a great kicker doesnt mean our defense and special teams wont be knocking on the door to block a punt/field goal. There arent many kickers in region 4 who could really hang a ball in the air on a kick off or punt so giving Nelson any opportunity to return it doesnt play in your favor. Who needs a kicker when you're converting on key 3rd and 4th downs? and even if we have to punt we feel like we are okay bc our defense brings it every single series. Both teams at some point are going to drive it the entire length of the field and the owls arent going to score 17 on the pats. My adivce to you would be not to pay attention to what you hear. If we have to kick a 40 yard field goal best believe we are going to find a way!

Oakland-7

You best find a kicker when you are playing Ooltewah's defense...

Oakland-7

I hope you're not putting your stock in a blocked punt to win the game for Oakland. Also, I can assure you that unless there are strong winds, Nelson won't return one kickoff. I saw Ooltewah's kicker (John Long) have seven touchbacks in one game. And I'm sure your guy is going to do that tired high short kick toward the sidelines. Ask Soddy Daisy how that worked out for them. So, what that means is you start on your 20 and have to drive 80 yards to score a touchdown, with little hope of a field goal. And Ooltewah will have a shorter field with a great kicker. When you're talking about a game with two great defenses like this, how can that not be a huge advantage?

Unless you convert on every 3rd and 4th down you are going to need a kicker at some point. And if Ooltewah gets the ball near mid-field and gets 2 first downs they are well within field goal range. You don't think that's an advantage? Here's a couple of things you need to remember: Ooltewah isn't Smyrna (who was held to less than 20 points 8 times this year), and Oakland isn't at home. Great season, great story, the new coach has done a great job, but I'll put my money on Benny Monroe and the Owls.