Oakland @ Ooltewah

ImaOWL

I think Franklin and the rest of region 6-5A may have something to say about that.

Good luck to Oakland in this game. Would love to see Franklin/Oakland in the Ship.

That would be a DREAM come true for me, as the DC at Franklin was the former DC at Oakland when we won the state in 98!!! He means a lot to my family!

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could make the game, but the land of retail calls me. Don't you love Black Friday and Saturday /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I plan on finding a radio for work though and listening to the game on WGNS. I must commend the Patriots for the outstanding job they have done so far, but that the final two games will not be easy. The front seven will have their hands full with the Owls. Secondary has been far from tested, but they must step up this week if Ooltewah says they like run. Any Patriot players on the thread need to just listen to the coaching staff and forget anything else that comes out of here, the paper, or even your own parents. You listen to you FOOTBALL COACHES and you will win FOOTBALL GAMES. Good luck out there and stay warm this weekend

Excellent advice from an exceptional young man!

Who has the most? Or is it just spread around?

Is Benny Monroe your head coach? I know he did a heck of a job when he was at Cleveland.......they got several gold balls.

INTERCEPTIONS No. Yards Avg TD Long

SEAMSTER,Sammy 6 88 1.2 0 39

MAYFIELD,Andrew 2 17 1.0 0 17

MYRICKS,Johnny 2 0 1.0 0 0

PATTY,Jordan 2 3 1.0 0 3

DELANEY,Darion 2 33 1.0 0 18

BRUELL,Brandon 1 25 1.0 1 25

PUTNAM,Gerald 1 16 1.0 0 16

HUNTER,Tracy 1 25 1.0 1 25

ADAMS,Kevin 1 19 1.0 1 19

HARRISON,Josh 1 5 1.0 0 5

Total.......... 19 231 1.0 3 39

Opponents...... 8 126 1.0 0 51

Here is a big stat...

TEAM STATISTICS OWLS OPP

FIRST DOWNS 181 113

Rushing 142 51

Passing 31 54

Penalty 8 8

RUSHING YARDAGE 2880 670

Yards gained rushing 3134 1229

Yards lost rushing 254 559

Rushing Attempts 487 319

Average Per Rush 5.9 2.1

Average Per Game 240.0 55.8

TDs Rushing 38 6

INTERCEPTIONS No. Yards Avg TD Long

SEAMSTER,Sammy 6 88 1.2 0 39

MAYFIELD,Andrew 2 17 1.0 0 17

MYRICKS,Johnny 2 0 1.0 0 0

PATTY,Jordan 2 3 1.0 0 3

DELANEY,Darion 2 33 1.0 0 18

BRUELL,Brandon 1 25 1.0 1 25

PUTNAM,Gerald 1 16 1.0 0 16

HUNTER,Tracy 1 25 1.0 1 25

ADAMS,Kevin 1 19 1.0 1 19

HARRISON,Josh 1 5 1.0 0 5

Total.......... 19 231 1.0 3 39

Opponents...... 8 126 1.0 0 51

Here is a big stat...

Very impressive to say the least. Thanks for supplying those.

TEAM STATISTICS OWLS OPP

FIRST DOWNS 181 113

Rushing 142 51

Passing 31 54

Penalty 8 8

RUSHING YARDAGE 2880 670

Yards gained rushing 3134 1229

Yards lost rushing 254 559

Rushing Attempts 487 319

Average Per Rush 5.9 2.1

Average Per Game 240.0 55.8

TDs Rushing 38 6

The semi-state finals. If you would've told me a year ago that Oakland was going to be here, I would've laughed in your face. Sure I was at the freshman games and saw Christian Adams playing beyond anybody's expectaions even then, I also saw Dre Frazier refusing to be brought down by ANYBODY. In fact I heard Coach Bartsch's motto was, "Dre all day." I was also there when Precious Valentine was plowing over anybody in his path and B.J. Nelson was juking people out of there socks, I mean, I played with these guys, but I still didn't see this coming. They have blown everybody's expectations right out of the water. But the scariest part is, I talked to some of the players today, and they said that they're actually practicing HARDER than they have been all year. Now don't fet me wrong, I'm not guarranteeing a victory, but if they've played as good as they have all year, (with the exception of Lebanon) and they're practicing harder now than they've been all year, grab the popcorn and just be thankful to be a part of one of the bes Oakland teams that has ever showed up.

i dont see the owls puttin up 420 through the air like they did at smyrna with jeremy woods. But dont you worry, Benny Monroe will find a way to win this Semi-Final game. Just like he says, the toughest part about winning a State Championship is getting to the Final...

That 2006 game was fantastic. I hate we came out on the wrong side of the score, but that was anyones game to win. I have a feeling this game will not have the scoring of that game, but could come down to the last play just like that one did.

GO OWLS