Top Players in Tennessee

HiwasseeVol

I've updated the information recently and now have 35 players that have their college choice posted as well as some updates on other lists. I'm using a new computer and may have not moved some recent email, so If you have sent in information that I might have misplaced (please resend), Thanks and as always: If you know of such players, please send me as much information as possible on someone that could project to have the potential to play at some level of college baseball.

Regards,

HV

Web Link: Top Tennessee High School Players

TPlayer2.gif

[Edited by HiwasseeVol on 1-12-03 11:53A]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest springer33lchscat

Steven Shults is a 6'2' sopohmore an was one of the starting pitchers for Lawrence County this year on the varsity.He throws in the low to mid 80s,awesome curve ball,an outstanding change-up.He plays the best shortstop of any 15 or 16 year old.He brings a great bat to the plate as well.He played on Post 19 this year during the summer an I heard he played GREAT ball with them.He is a great teammate to play for an to play along him.Just thought I would let ppl know alittle about him.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cornerback81

Giles County has a great sopohmore named Carson Edgmon.He plays shortstop,centerfield and pitchs.He has one of the better eyes at the plate than alot of players his age.He is going to contribute a ton to Giles County this year.If you asked anyone that played with him,or saw him play they would say that he gives it a 110% out there.Carson is only about 5'8'but is strong.If he could get alittle bit taller and stronger he is going to be one of Giles Countys biggest prospect.

Lawrence County has a player named Charles Springer.

He lives in Giles County though and played Babe Ruth and on other teams the last 6 years over at Giles County.He isn't the best sopohmore over there at LCHS but he is in the top 2 or 3.He is a great pitcher from what I saw the last two years of his Babe Ruth seasons.Even though it is only Babe Ruth he handle pressure better that anyone that was playing.I never did get to see him play at the high school level yet but during this years' Babe Ruth season he was hitting in the 80s with his fastballs,and almost hit 5 or 6 balls out of Sam Davis.I have read alot of things about Charles on here and I would have to agree with gchsbobcats that he is a bundle of talent,but what he needs is someone to get rid of the rough edges and when someone does do that he is going to be outstanding.With Steven Shults and Charles Springer,LCHS is going to have alot of good games and seaons for the next few years.

Good Luck to Carson and Charles for the next three years and hopefully past high school.Does anyone have any good Lincoln County players to name?If you do please post,and anyother players.

Guest coachrita3

Marshall County has several top notch sophmores this year, one of them is Jeremy Reynolds, he played on the freshman team, and varsity last year and done an awesome job. He played short and pitched for the freshmans and he played short for the varsity. I would say he will be an even bigger asset this year as he has grown taller and stouter being 5'11' so far. Hopefully he still has some height to go.He played all but a few varsity games and really showed alot of potential. Another good sophmore would be Bryan Calderaro who can play infield and oufield real well. And one more that was also on the varsity team is catcher matt Waldrop who will be the main catcher for marshall County this year. There are several others that are sophmores and I feel will be worth the trip to come and see them play this year.

Matt Shao of Mt. Juliet started a little in the rotation his freshman year, and is playing all varsity this year.

Bats R, Throws R, plays SS a little bit when Smith pitches.

Clocked last year at 82, but i have no idea what he throws now. Played for the A team in the summer. Great Player.

[Edited by sh3ppard on 9-25-02 11:06A]