2009 District 12AA

hsfbfan07

Spring Hill Vs. Rossview (4A Playoff team in '08) Good Scrimmage! Very Physical! Both teams looked good. ....#7 QB from Rossview is the real deal running and throwing the ball. 1's vs. 1's SH 32 - Rossview 28.

I still believe Springhill is the sleeper in District 12. So many seniors returning, can't coach experience. That should give them an edge. Giles 1, #2 spot, I believe will be fought out between Marshall and Spinghill. Not familiar with Rossview. Where are they located? Sounds like it was a very competitive practice.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe Springhill is the sleeper in District 12. So many seniors returning, can't coach experience. That should give them an edge. Giles 1, #2 spot, I believe will be fought out between Marshall and Spinghill. Not familiar with Rossview. Where are they located? Sounds like it was a very competitive practice.

Rossview is in Clarksville.........

Spring Hill will be good this year. I do not know if they can beat Giles (probably not) but they will be in great shape aside from that. Last year they were really competitive and could have really won in their games against Marshall Co., Page, & Cheatham Co. In the Creek Wood game they had been so close so many times that they finally broke through and got a "W" to end the year. Now all of those guys (just about) are back and a year more experienced and have the same group of coaches back as well. I look for Spring Hill's games vs Page & Marshall Co. to be really close battles that go to the wire. This year SHHS will be expected to win in those types of games (unlike last year when youth was an excuse).

Rossview is in Clarksville.........

Spring Hill will be good this year. I do not know if they can beat Giles (probably not) but they will be in great shape aside from that. Last year they were really competitive and could have really won in their games against Marshall Co., Page, & Cheatham Co. In the Creek Wood game they had been so close so many times that they finally broke through and got a "W" to end the year. Now all of those guys (just about) are back and a year more experienced and have the same group of coaches back as well. I look for Spring Hill's games vs Page & Marshall Co. to be really close battles that go to the wire. This year SHHS will be expected to win in those types of games (unlike last year when youth was an excuse).

Have to agree with you. SHHS has it in place now to take that next step. Nothing better than experience to start a year out. Looks like Giles is in a class all their own. The battle looks to shape up with SHHS and Marshall. Everything you read here states that page might be off alittle from last years success. But they got a taste of it so might inspire them also. The others......especially Hickman and Lewis is a unknown because of being hit by Graduation. EHHS.....depending on the new coach may struggle this year, although the kids there have a ton of experience starting out they way the did. They got their first win in the history of the school last year. But don't see them competing for the top this year. Fairview has the pieces, be interesting to see how they do. But no doubt GIles is the team in this District.

Giles is the team to beat in 12. Marshall and Springhill next.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I would not leave out Lewis County, they have a great tradition of playing hard, out working and out coaching the other teams. If you checked the last 10 years I will say Lewis has more wins than anyone else in District 12.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I would not leave out Lewis County, they have a great tradition of playing hard, out working and out coaching the other teams. If you checked the last 10 years I will say Lewis has more wins than anyone else in District 12.

Record wise.......I agree. But the level of competition wasn't at this level in years. Almost from top to bottom there are no gimme's. They are rebuilding this year......and lack experience in a lot of key positions. BUT............Solid coaching hard working players. There isn't any Loretto, Richland etc. on this schedule. I think they will make the playoffs though. THis is going to be a fun year to follow. Every week there will be a challenge. I hear they have some solid talent......unexperience........but talented. Weight room numbers seem to indicate there is a lot of hard work being put in. Wins in the last.....don't mean a thing now. As I said......Loretto, Richland, Waverly etc. are not Giles, Marshall Springhill or Page. So the past is the past......now LCHS will deal with the future. Lewis will pull a few surprises this coming season.

Record wise.......I agree. But the level of competition wasn't at this level in years. Almost from top to bottom there are no gimme's. They are rebuilding this year......and lack experience in a lot of key positions. BUT............Solid coaching hard working players. There isn't any Loretto, Richland etc. on this schedule. I think they will make the playoffs though. THis is going to be a fun year to follow. Every week there will be a challenge. I hear they have some solid talent......unexperience........but talented. Weight room numbers seem to indicate there is a lot of hard work being put in. Wins in the last.....don't mean a thing now. As I said......Loretto, Richland, Waverly etc. are not Giles, Marshall Springhill or Page. So the past is the past......now LCHS will deal with the future. Lewis will pull a few surprises this coming season.

I agree Stat.

Top to Bottom this is one tough district.

Friday nights are going to be very exciting this year in 12 AA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Only about 85 days til we get football again /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

This District kind of looks like the SEC, tough top to bottom and every week they beat up on each other. Sure is going to be a fun one to watch and see how it plays out each week. I bet (like the SEC) there will be a surprise here and there...or should I say upset sprinkled around. Won't be long and the season will be here.

Anyone have info on any of the spring games. Seen Giles....Lewis didn't have any.......after that it died off. Like to know how they all looked from this district. Also seen Hickman scrimmaged Creekwood. How about Fairview, EHHS...Page, Spinghill and Marshall. Just like to see how this one is lining up for the upcoming season. Still think this district could end up being one of the toughess, that is if History replays itself. A lot of good teams in that District.

East had no scrimmages or spring game. The last day of spring practice was cancelled, I was told they only had about 8 or 9 kids show up. I am concerned about the state of football at east. A long road ahead for Coach King I am afraid. I hope the community steps up. It would be nice to have the interest in football that other communities display in our area.

Anyone have info on any of the spring games. Seen Giles....Lewis didn't have any.......after that it died off. Like to know how they all looked from this district. Also seen Hickman scrimmaged Creekwood. How about Fairview, EHHS...Page, Spinghill and Marshall. Just like to see how this one is lining up for the upcoming season. Still think this district could end up being one of the toughess, that is if History replays itself. A lot of good teams in that District.

SH scrimmaged Kenwood (SH 4 tds KW 0) and Rossview (SH 5 tds RV 4).

Maroon/White game: White 34 / Maroon 20.

Only 85 days.........."Are you ready for some football, some Friday night football"!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

SH scrimmaged Kenwood (SH 4 tds KW 0) and Rossview (SH 5 tds RV 4).

Maroon/White game: White 34 / Maroon 20.

Only 85 days.........."Are you ready for some football, some Friday night football"!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Spring Hill looks poised to make some noise this year.

East had no scrimmages or spring game. The last day of spring practice was cancelled, I was told they only had about 8 or 9 kids show up. I am concerned about the state of football at east. A long road ahead for Coach King I am afraid. I hope the community steps up. It would be nice to have the interest in football that other communities display in our area.

Advocate,

I hate it for Coach King, and the true EHHS fans who actually want to see the football program succeed, but...East is getting exactly what they deserve. The former regime were not given a chance to to even have a chance to succeed. I hope I am wrong, but I do not see EHHS have any success in this new four year TSSAA stretch. If The communities of Lyles, Bon Aqua, Wrigley, etc., do not stay out of the way or give the new Coach a chance, it may be even 10 years before EHHS see any kind of success. At the same time, if it is true that only 8-10 kids showed up for the last day of Spring practice, that may say a lot about the kids and their mentality. All the naysayers who thought the old coach was too hard on their baby boys, maybe they should reevaluate what values are being taught at home? But, again, I hope it all works out for all parties involved. Good luck Coach King and all the fans of EHHS who know their role and place and support the program. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="