MatMan Rankings Week 1 / Pre-season

ghouse

The first set of DI and DII rankings are now posted at www.tennwrestling.com.

You can click on rankings at the top of the homepage or you can follow the direct link below:

www.tennwrestling.com/rankingscurrent.html

As a side note some of you may need to refresh your browser if the old rankings still show up.

Keep in mind that many teams have not submitted rosters so the rankings are pretty much educated conjecture based on a few early pre-season tournaments. Also for DII, no freshmen were ranked (unless they wrestled varsity last year as an 8th grader).

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how can two guys from Independence both be ranked at 160? Also, I know Joe Proctor is really good, but how can he be ranked twice? Two medals? Wow!

Thanks for pointing out my typos! Now if only we could work on the tone it was done in!

At any rate, they errors at 160 have been corrected. That occurred because I missed changing the information for the bottom two places from the previous webpage I was working on. They were sent in to me by Dr. Hammbone /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> as shown now.

Go check again and you should see two new wrestlers ranked at 160.

Thanks for pointing out my typos! Now if only we could work on the tone it was done in!

At any rate, they errors at 160 have been corrected. That occurred because I missed changing the information for the bottom two places from the previous webpage I was working on. They were sent in to me by Dr. Hammbone /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> as shown now.

Go check again and you should see two new wrestlers ranked at 160.

"garnerc" i'm sure is a good guy...but a little ornery and cantankerous at times...like all of us /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Jeff Francis is going 125, Mark Simpson is going 135, Matt Brewer is going 140, Cody Austell is going 135, Max Jarrell is going 189, Patrick Marchetti is going 152. Thomas Lundborg of Brentwood Academy should also be ranked, he was injured last year, but the year before he defeated state champ Max Jarrell if that means anything.

Jeff Francis is going 125, Mark Simpson is going 135, Matt Brewer is going 140, Cody Austell is going 135, Max Jarrell is going 189, Patrick Marchetti is going 152. Thomas Lundborg of Brentwood Academy should also be ranked, he was injured last year, but the year before he defeated state champ Max Jarrell if that means anything.

Alright guys, how in the world can stuart doster be ranked ahead of Michael Hooker. Hook is a hoss. Dont get me wrong i have known stuart all my life and if we ranked them on personality stuart would be first in any weight class. And i can guarentee that at 103 Alex Ward from McCallie will place in state.

Just guessing, we will know in a week, but BA will have a freshman at 103, Calloway at 112, Boswell (took a year off, placed in the state the year before) at 119, Wilson at 125, Dupree at 130, Brannon at 135, Gibbs at 140, Cash at 152, Ball at 160, Proctor at 171, Lundborg at 189, Brasher at 215, and Carrethers at 285, don't believe Andrew Lundborg is wrestling at this point...

The first set of DI and DII rankings are now posted at www.tennwrestling.com.

You can click on rankings at the top of the homepage or you can follow the direct link below:

www.tennwrestling.com/rankingscurrent.html

As a side note some of you may need to refresh your browser if the old rankings still show up.

Keep in mind that many teams have not submitted rosters so the rankings are pretty much educated conjecture based on a few early pre-season tournaments. Also for DII, no freshmen were ranked (unless they wrestled varsity last year as an 8th grader).

Thanks for getting the party started, GHouse, we are about to get 'er started!

gonavy2,

Chase jumped from 119 lbs to 135? That is a big jump. Hope he has a great season like last year. Is he looking at the Naval Academy? Does he want to wrestle in college?

Good Luck.

Did you watch Jabaree Tunai against Nortre Dame a few weeks ago? He played great. What an accomplishment to be starting as a Freshmen and playing as well as he did.

Alright guys, how in the world can stuart doster be ranked ahead of Michael Hooker. Hook is a hoss. Dont get me wrong i have known stuart all my life and if we ranked them on personality stuart would be first in any weight class. And i can guarentee that at 103 Alex Ward from McCallie will place in state.

Man I love softball queestions.

Doster over Hooker is easy at this stage. With no recent results to compare I tend to follow the TSSAA seeding criteria by taking the returning state champ from the higher weight class. Once some recent results start pouring in you can expect more changes in the rankings.

Ward may well place as 103 looks wide open with likely no returning wrestlers. As you can see I haven't predicted anyone to place or not place as we need to actually have the kids wrestling first!

Thanks for getting the party started, GHouse, we are about to get 'er started!

Gonavy2,

Sorry you had to wait so long but I didn't want to send anything out without the DI rankings as well!

I will keep your BA suggested line-up in mind but as most folks know, once the season starts I rank the kids where they are wrestling or have wrestled during that season if they have stated a plan to return there.