Cumberland County Jets

Jet Pride

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you know where he is from? is your info straight from the horses mouth or hearsay?

It's not me either Coach Mac. I am headed to the sunshine state. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I was offered a couple of good assistant jobs (5A) here in TN, but I ended up finding a nice head coaching job in fl. We interviewed last weekend and it was 75 degrees both days!

I had a very nice interview with CCHS. I interviewed for the Portland and Springfield jobs as well, but I found the administration at CCHS to be the most prepared and professional of any school that interviewed me. They are truly some of the nicest people I have met. In the end my lack of experience at a big school cost me the job. I am fine with that, because I had prayed that God would close and open doors, and He did just that. Good luck to CCHS and everybody else hiring coaches for next year. It's cool to read this board and see the passion that so many have for high school football. It's a blessing to be able to coach young men in this great sport and I can't imagine doing anything else.

ps Tell Coach B I said hi, and I didn't include KHS in the comment about professionalism because they didn't interview me for the head job. Good luck Coach.

God bless

CCHS lost a great coach in Wayne Stiles... major mistake losing him to the other school.

Sounds like the CCHS AD needs to get with the program and get someone in there immediately. You guys have already lost 3 crucial months of offseason development in the weight room while players, parents, and even program supporters have been scratching their heads wondering whats going to go on. It's a shame to the players who work hard.

It's not me either Coach Mac. I am headed to the sunshine state. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I was offered a couple of good assistant jobs (5A) here in TN, but I ended up finding a nice head coaching job in fl. We interviewed last weekend and it was 75 degrees both days!

I had a very nice interview with CCHS. I interviewed for the Portland and Springfield jobs as well, but I found the administration at CCHS to be the most prepared and professional of any school that interviewed me. They are truly some of the nicest people I have met. In the end my lack of experience at a big school cost me the job. I am fine with that, because I had prayed that God would close and open doors, and He did just that. Good luck to CCHS and everybody else hiring coaches for next year. It's cool to read this board and see the passion that so many have for high school football. It's a blessing to be able to coach young men in this great sport and I can't imagine doing anything else.

ps Tell Coach B I said hi, and I didn't include KHS in the comment about professionalism because they didn't interview me for the head job. Good luck Coach.

God bless

Coach:

You would have been a great fit for CCHS, but sometimes things are just not meant to be. I hope Cumberland Co. gets a good coach; the program has been struggling for a while and they deserve some success. Best of Luck to the Jets.

You & your family will enjoy Florida. Seven Rivers is very lucky to get a coach of your caliber. Football is on a whole different level & you will also find some fantastic athletes that will allow you to do some very special things offensively & defensively.

I'll retire from my day-to-day in a few years & I hope to join the shuffleboard crowd down that way; be picking out my white shoes before long. Keep me in mind if you need any help on staff...I work cheap, just a garbage can lid of food..

Let me know if I can help in any way!

Good Luck & God Bless!