4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in south panola has fallen MHS now owns the longest unbeaten streak in the nation!

Meridian 26

south panola 20 in ot

Not that I think Maryville is focused otherwise, but, all other things being equal, this is not necessarily good news for Hillsboro. Win this one, and Maryville holds the nation's longest winning streak for at least eight months.

To have a Tennessee program hold the nation's longest winning streak, whether for a day or nine months or longer, certainly doesn't reflect badly on the Volunteer State!

And how about this post for foreshadowing!

is name is Tyson he is 15 years old and he grew up in Rockford

HE's just 15? Wow! I would have to see a birth record on that one. Oh well there was Greg Odom who also looked 35 @ age 18! I'll take your word for it. I think he could be D1. Sorry I got his name wrong.

Maryville has a great opportunity.

I think if Maryville playes ball control, they will win this game. IF MHS makes mistakes, Hillsboro will be to tuff to handle with that speed.

Not that I think Maryville is focused otherwise, but, all other things being equal, this is not necessarily good news for Hillsboro. Win this one, and Maryville holds the nation's longest winning streak for at least eight months.

To have a Tennessee program hold the nation's longest winning streak, whether for a day or nine months or longer, certainly doesn't reflect badly on the Volunteer State!

And how about this post for foreshadowing!

I remembered your post as soon as I saw this and I thought , wow rollredroll Is psycho ... uh , I mean psychic ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Honestly , I really don't care about the " streak " , all I care about Is Gold balls .

I remembered your post as soon as I saw this and I thought , wow rollredroll Is psycho ... uh , I mean psychic ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Honestly , I really don't care about the " streak " , all I care about Is Gold balls .

Good luck to both teams from Paris, TN.....I actually dont care who wins, but feel like I almost know people from both teams after reading and posting on here for the past several months. With that in mind, may the best team win.

rollredroll Is psycho ... uh , I mean psychic ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Both, and don't you forget it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I may come down to Maryville West tomorrow to see the afternoon games. Wife is nagging too much this weekend.

Good info...

As far as intangibles...

I believe the MTSU venue is a positive for Maryville. They are pretty comfortable in that venue. As far as distance and fan attendance,I believe there will be more Maryville fans in attendance.

I heard that HHS would be practicing on the MTSU field this week. If that's true, then I think it does favor the Burros, fan attendance notwithstanding. And if years past are an indicator, then I do expect us to have a larger fan section.

Both, and don't you forget it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I may come down to Maryville West tomorrow to see the afternoon games. Wife is nagging too much this weekend.

I don't know why I didn't ask you this earlier Rollredroll , but seeing as how you all were able to get the win against Hillsboro , what do you think Maryville has to do to win this game ? Your thoughts would be appreciated .

I don't know why I didn't ask you this earlier Rollredroll , but seeing as how you all were able to get the win against Hillsboro , what do you think Maryville has to do to win this game ? Your thoughts would be appreciated .

I was out of town the weekend of that game, so I can't comment from a witness perspective.

Just play Maryville football - that should be good enough.

Seriously, though, Hillsboro is fast, but MHS has neutralized fast teams (Hillsboro and Melrose primarily) before. If I remember correctly, even Graig Cooper, who is playing very well for Miami currently, was run down by a seemingly slower Maryville defender in one of those title games. It will probably come down to a big play here and there and well-timed use of a play deep in the playbook.

Good luck tomorrow.

Currently Maryville has the longest winning streak in the nation with 74. South Panola (MISS) had 89 but lost tonight making the rebels the current record holders. We will see if that continues tomorrow. De La Salle (Cal) had 151 and Independence (NC) had 109 before loosing.

I was out of town the weekend of that game, so I can't comment from a witness perspective.

Just play Maryville football - that should be good enough.

Seriously, though, Hillsboro is fast, but MHS has neutralized fast teams (Hillsboro and Melrose primarily) before. If I remember correctly, even Graig Cooper, who is playing very well for Miami currently, was run down by a seemingly slower Maryville defender in one of those title games. It will probably come down to a big play here and there and well-timed use of a play deep in the playbook.

Good luck tomorrow.

Come join us on the visitor's side.....I'm sure you have something red to wear.