Oneida in 09

remade28

There are some people on this board that are close to the people being discussed. By no means was I trying to get anyone's heart rate up. Just brought up the situation because TL was going to take over at AC and it seemed that no one wanted to believe it. I will hand it to the middle school and high school programs there they have made huge strides in producing good players. Again not trying to get heart rates up just trying to get a feel for how the school and supporters would feel if TL left and what the plan would be to attempt to replace a great guy like TL, and if there were any coaches there that could step in and make the transition for the players easier.

No sweat. Change makes everyone chippy. There are several good coaches around, it's just never an easy process getting one in place. Now that the rumor is no longer a rumor....

On staff right now, Coach Wright, Coach Burchfield and Coach Brewster could all handle the job. All 3 bring different qualities but all would be great candidates.

Outside Oneida....I'm really not sure. The Indians have a strong tradition, really good facilities and a very passionate fan base (not sure if thats a plus or minus?) Those things along with the powerful middle school program really makes Oneida a great place to coach.

Coach Buttram may be the rumored coach to follow TL down to the Mavs, not sure about that. Or it could be Coach Wright...Maybe both, maybe neither! Just rumors right now.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No pot to stir because I know nothing concerning the next hiring, but these are names that are hitting the pavement so far:

-John Brewster........some say he is the heir apparent because Coach B. nor Coach W. is too eager to jump back in the frying pan at this point. Good fit because he should be able to keep his staff fairly intact. He is also an up and coming young coach that already should have an outstanding raport with the players.

-Keith Henry.........this would probably be a stretch because there is likely to be some animosity still there. "Rock" certainly has his admirers, but a return up the Mountain would be a surprise for quite a few people.

-Don Woods........he gets mentioned every time the position is available. Obviously someone must have expressed an opinion that he might someday like to return to Scott Co. or we have got the wrong message in these parts! Who knows?

-Kaz....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I hope everyone caught the "dripping" sarcasm on that one! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

-I also heard the job would get lots of interest from else where because Tony has made it a football location for a coach looking to rise.

Later.....Dudes! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Phillip Fulmer still lives in Knoxville.

No sweat. Change makes everyone chippy. There are several good coaches around, it's just never an easy process getting one in place. Now that the rumor is no longer a rumor....

On staff right now, Coach Wright, Coach Burchfield and Coach Brewster could all handle the job. All 3 bring different qualities but all would be great candidates.

Outside Oneida....I'm really not sure. The Indians have a strong tradition, really good facilities and a very passionate fan base (not sure if thats a plus or minus?) Those things along with the powerful middle school program really makes Oneida a great place to coach.

Coach Buttram may be the rumored coach to follow TL down to the Mavs, not sure about that. Or it could be Coach Wright...Maybe both, maybe neither! Just rumors right now.

All should be good coaches. Hopefully the Indians will find the right one to keep the program going in the right direction. If any names pop up I would like to hear about them. Good luck Indians find a good one.

There are some people on this board that are close to the people being discussed. By no means was I trying to get anyone's heart rate up. Just brought up the situation because TL was going to take over at AC and it seemed that no one wanted to believe it. I will hand it to the middle school and high school programs there they have made huge strides in producing good players. Again not trying to get heart rates up just trying to get a feel for how the school and supporters would feel if TL left and what the plan would be to attempt to replace a great guy like TL, and if there were any coaches there that could step in and make the transition for the players easier.

It doesn't take much to do that these days.I thought you were trying to poke fun at us because TL took the AC job

And close only about 20 years. I was with him at Vandy when he met Coach Kerr You all got a Great One.

The last time Oneida went "outside" and brought in a total stranger, it paid off tremendously. After that first 4 and 6 season, Jim May had some really fine teams. The quick and easy fix would be someone who is already on staff, and this late in the year that may be the best for now. I honestly don't think Coach Bur. is the answer, no reason needed.....I do like coach W though I guess because I played for him like 30 years ago. Did the Brewster kid start out at Oneida in coaching? I know he played there and all but I know nothing about his coaching history??

The last time Oneida went "outside" and brought in a total stranger, it paid off tremendously. After that first 4 and 6 season, Jim May had some really fine teams. The quick and easy fix would be someone who is already on staff, and this late in the year that may be the best for now. I honestly don't think Coach Bur. is the answer, no reason needed.....I do like coach W though I guess because I played for him like 30 years ago. Did the Brewster kid start out at Oneida in coaching? I know he played there and all but I know nothing about his coaching history??

How about Richie Marsh OC at Clinton?

How about Richie Marsh OC at Clinton?

Well evidently YOU didn't want him at AC /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" so why would we want him at Oneida?I probably shouldn't have even said that not knowing the guy but it doesn't sit well with me when YOU are able to give a better oppurtunity to a coach and are able to get him to come and coach there and then start bringing up names for an outsider to fill his previous position.We have some GREAT coaches here that can step up and get the job done.I wish nothing but the best for TL and his family at AC.I don't have to commend him and his coaching ability because you all have seen it before and know what he is capable of.PCC!!!!

Now to Oneida's coaching position.I would hope that our schoolboard members and superintendent would look at the options and would promote one of the "CURRENT" assistant coaches to the position.TL put together a outstanding staff here.I hope it gets the chance to prosper.My vote would go to......well I better hold off on that one for the moment /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well evidently YOU didn't want him at AC /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" so why would we want him at Oneida?I probably shouldn't have even said that not knowing the guy but it doesn't sit well with me when YOU are able to give a better oppurtunity to a coach and are able to get him to come and coach there and then start bringing up names for an outsider to fill his previous position.We have some GREAT coaches here that can step up and get the job done.I wish nothing but the best for TL and his family at AC.I don't have to commend him and his coaching ability because you all have seen it before and know what he is capable of.PCC!!!!

Now to Oneida's coaching position.I would hope that our schoolboard members and superintendent would look at the options and would promote one of the "CURRENT" assistant coaches to the position.TL put together a outstanding staff here.I hope it gets the chance to prosper.My vote would go to......well I better hold off on that one for the moment /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Very well said!!!! OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Well, it's 1 A.T.(After Tony), and I'll be darned if the sun ain't shining......and rather brightly I might add. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Some of us up here are still in a little shock, it will never really matter where Lambo goes....his roots are here. We all wish him well......at least I do! I've heard some people that are a little torn by his choice, but Tony needs to do what is best for him and his family.

I hope the next Head Coach at Oneida gets locked in quickly......we sure don't want any of the kids to slack off on the iron, as that won't be a positive thing! I consider next years players to be a lively bunch and with enough work they can certainly achieve their predecessor's accomplishments. I'm like "champ".....I have my suspicions as to who the next guy will be and I'm going to hold on to my cards right now as well. Any way you slice it.....the Sun will still shine on Oneida! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kaz

Well, it's 1 A.T.(After Tony), and I'll be darned if the sun ain't shining......and rather brightly I might add. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Some of us up here are still in a little shock, it will never really matter where Lambo goes....his roots are here. We all wish him well......at least I do! I've heard some people that are a little torn by his choice, but Tony needs to do what is best for him and his family.

I hope the next Head Coach at Oneida gets locked in quickly......we sure don't want any of the kids to slack off on the iron, as that won't be a positive thing! I consider next years players to be a lively bunch and with enough work they can certainly achieve their predecessor's accomplishments. I'm like "champ".....I have my suspicions as to who the next guy will be and I'm going to hold on to my cards right now as well. Any way you slice it.....the Sun will still shine on Oneida! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kaz

Hay Kaz that bunch isn't going to slack off in the weight room we have great COACHES to see to that.And i will hold my card for now also. But i have a very good idea who it may be.

This coach never applied for a job at AC, and I would know. This was not meant to be a slam at anyone at Oneida. I have the greatest respect for Robert Wright, Jim Burchfield and John Brewster. Coach Marsh has done an excellent job at Clinton. I had heard through the rumor mill that perhaps he was applying for the job. Just wanted to see if there was any support. Not trying to tell the good people of Oneida what to do. No offense meant.