Oneida in 09

remade28

I would think that the new coach you guys get would maybe need to be a little more offensive minded. I mean, your defense was great, but your offense really lacked. And you guys had the kids to do a lot of different things. I am a Cumberland Gap fan, so I got a pretty good idea since we played you guys the past two years. I know I always went home sayin, wow, those guys would be great runnin the kind of stuff our guys do. But hey, whatever works. I'm glad we get to keep playin you all though, it's a good game every time!! Best of luck to you on your coaching search!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is T.L. style run the ball play great D feast on your opponents mistakes. Flair can tell you about that. This is the week we are suppose to know he gets the job this week. I ready to get this ball rolling again. Everyone else is hammering it out we need to make up sometime.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to Mr Baggett last evening.He informed me that there was 20 applicants and he was expecting atleast 1 more for sure.It seems we got them coming out of the woodworks for this one.

As flair stated, the man has got the gold on his fingers.My question would be this......He has been here once before and LEFT when things were going down hill ( as I am informed from former players).Does he deserve a chance to come back????

I still got to stick to my guns and say Coach Brewster is the best choice for the program /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would think that the new coach you guys get would maybe need to be a little more offensive minded. I mean, your defense was great, but your offense really lacked. And you guys had the kids to do a lot of different things. I am a Cumberland Gap fan, so I got a pretty good idea since we played you guys the past two years. I know I always went home sayin, wow, those guys would be great runnin the kind of stuff our guys do. But hey, whatever works. I'm glad we get to keep playin you all though, it's a good game every time!! Best of luck to you on your coaching search!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Veer....Coach Wright only brought out what he needed to to get the win.It's not fancy but it works.When it works why change?

I am telling ya, if you knew Coach Wright as I do you would not doubt his capabilities.He has been around football for a long time at different levels and does a great job as OC.His only downfall.....something about the TIDE!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He has been here once before and LEFT when things were going down hill ( as I am informed from former players).Does he deserve a chance to come back????

OK.....now you guys are scaring me.......is this "Goldfinger" before May, Sr.? The selection of this particular coach is going to be vital to our chances next Fall. If we don't execute here......there are a good bunch of kids that will feel like they were railroaded! Of course the age of the coach should be an issue, IMO, not only do you want a coach that can bring energy (young?), but also someone that is willing to stay for a while. It is none of my business, but the current group of coaches could sure use some information concerning which direction we are going to go. They have worked pretty hard for Tony L. over the last couple of years......be a shame to see them hung out to dry. The only bad thing about the number of applicants is you could let a great one slip through your fingers or the one you decide on comes out a dud. We have seen both sides of that coin before, huh?!?! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Champ.....be more forthcoming bro!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazzanity /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He has been here once before and LEFT when things were going down hill ( as I am informed from former players).Does he deserve a chance to come back????

OK.....now you guys are scaring me.......is this "Goldfinger" before May, Sr.? The selection of this particular coach is going to be vital to our chances next Fall. If we don't execute here......there are a good bunch of kids that will feel like they were railroaded! Of course the age of the coach should be an issue, IMO, not only do you want a coach that can bring energy (young?), but also someone that is willing to stay for a while. It is none of my business, but the current group of coaches could sure use some information concerning which direction we are going to go. They have worked pretty hard for Tony L. over the last couple of years......be a shame to see them hung out to dry. The only bad thing about the number of applicants is you could let a great one slip through your fingers or the one you decide on comes out a dud. We have seen both sides of that coin before, huh?!?! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Champ.....be more forthcoming bro!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazzanity /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Kazoo, my ole buddy!!! Why don't you let statechUmp coach up the boys. He can teach them how to brag to everyone about what a great player they were during their time at the Reservation. Im from the school of thought that, if you are/were good - you don' t have to tell everyone, they already know. You guys had a great run last year, with a heck of a team. Too bad we have to leave it at a 1 - 1 tie in the current series, I think this could be a really good rivalry under different circumstances. Keep the RW boys informed on the coaching search.

Hey Kazoo, my ole buddy!!! Why don't you let statechUmp coach up the boys. He can teach them how to brag to everyone about what a great player they were during their time at the Reservation. Im from the school of thought that, if you are/were good - you don' t have to tell everyone, they already know. You guys had a great run last year, with a heck of a team. Too bad we have to leave it at a 1 - 1 tie in the current series, I think this could be a really good rivalry under different circumstances. Keep the RW boys informed on the coaching search.

Gaylor

Hey Veer....Coach Wright only brought out what he needed to to get the win.It's not fancy but it works.When it works why change?

I am telling ya, if you knew Coach Wright as I do you would not doubt his capabilities.He has been around football for a long time at different levels and does a great job as OC.His only downfall.....something about the TIDE!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am in no way criticizing him. Coach Wright is not only a good coach, but a good man as well. And what you say is correct, they only brought what they needed. And I know that was how TL coached. Run the ball and win with defense. All I was trying to say is, you guys had athletes out the wazoo!!!! And just in my opinion, you all would have flourished in a system like the one our guys run! It woulda made it that much easier for the defense if you were scorin 50 a game!!! And with those kids you guys had...50 a game woulda been way possible. With the pups puttin on the last 2 or 3 scores! I love Oneida....except for 1 week of the year! I love the tradition and the pride your town has. I remember it back when CG was Powell Valley. I remember those days very well!!!! But please dont misconstrue my point....i was in no way dogging coach Wright!! Best of luck on your search!! Oh and by the way, if you guys need any assistance for week 1 (GP)...you should give our guys a call!!! We've given them fits the past 4 years!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Man, yall had a bull of QB last year. That kid was tough as nails and could sling the ball. Looking forward to the game this year too. Yall have some big strong players and you guys have some the best smack talkers on Coach T! Should be fun.

It seems like it takes a few years to get an offense up and going in HS....its usually the blown blocking assignemnts that kill ya. Really important to get a coach in now, before spring practice. This senior class has alot of experience and talent. Could be pretty dangerous in a number of simple offensive set. Just a lot of if's right now.

Hey smashmouth, thanks for all the compiments. And yeah, I know it would seem that it would take awhile to get our offense going. But the CG staff put it in in 2005. They went 9-2 that year. That was coming off a 3-7 season! From what the kids say and the coaches, it's the easiest thing they've ever done! And like i said just above this, the athletes you guys had would kill people in that system!!!! I'm sure you guys will get a quality guy. You always seem to get a good one!!! Look forward to seeing you guys in the fall!!! Best of luck to you! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Champ.....be more forthcoming bro!

Kaz....looks like Triton done put it out there.The word is Jim Gaylor.Mr DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR from Maryville High.This throws a mix in there, if it's true don't ya think??????

Take it for what it's worth but was also informed that "TRITON" may have put one in to.....Any truth??????? Rumor was you was seen up here a couple weeks ago.

Kaz....looks like Triton done put it out there.The word is Jim Gaylor.Mr DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR from Maryville High.This throws a mix in there, if it's true don't ya think??????

Take it for what it's worth but was also informed that "TRITON" may have put one in to.....Any truth??????? Rumor was you was seen up here a couple weeks ago.

your informant is wrong. i havent been oneida in at least month, and i have no desire to be a head coach, never have and probably never will. it isn't for me, and its not my style. i think you have you persons mixed up. coach brewster and i grew up together, played together, signed together, and have been around the block a time or two. If he wants the job, he knows i support him there too.

whooooooooooooo! the triton let the cat out of the bag baby!!!!!! whoooooooo mr. fist full of gold rings brother whoooooooooo. wasn't he here back in your day kaz?. I do think if the other coaches and players are behind brewster then thats who "the man" needs to be whooooooooooo. and before the ol nature boy moves on with the new regime I got to give a final shout out to T L.

Tony my brother, we been through the mud and the blood, we've ate pork n beans & we've lived like kings.

We've fought side by side & laughed at things until we cried & we've cried together when we felt deaths stings

but brother wherever ya go whatever road you take,,,,, I've got a feelin that I'll be bringing ya cake. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

whooooooooooooooooooo. watch out for the texas tornado WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stylin and profilin my friends I am the 17 time world heavyweight champ!!!! I am the nature boy ric flair whooooooooooo

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I'm........gonna.........take........my.......ball........and........go......h

ome! This has all kinda gotten out of whack in the rumor department. Somebody just let me know when it is all over! You'll know how to find me!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Kazzy

whoooooooooooo don't go now kaz it's just gettin' good. just hide under the covers ol' nat'll come get ya when it's safe. whooooooooo /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />