Region 4-1A 2009

croz6110

I know TC has bigger fish to fry right now, but us other folks need to talk about something other than TC spanking people on their way to another gold ball.

I look for TC and FC to get the top two spots with Gville and Watertown finishing 3rd and 4th.

I look for TC and FC both to contend for a gold ball in 2A.

Gville will be strong in 1A.

My projected standings are as follows:

Trousdale

Friendship

Gordonsville

Watertown

Clay Co.

Monterey

Jackson Co.

Pickett Co.

Red Boiling Springs

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump.

Surely someone besides me wants to talk about next year.

Oh I'll jump in there Croz, shoot.

FCS loses a bunch of linemen. They will have to get replaced by kids that are currently sophmores and Freshmen. Kids that didn't get much playing time at all this year. We also lose a full back, a good linebacker, and a really good safety. Those guys hurt, but it's the Offensive line that will be the biggest question next year.

G'ville ought to be battle tested for next year I'd think. Y'all don't lose much do you?

Oh I'll jump in there Croz, shoot.

FCS loses a bunch of linemen. They will have to get replaced by kids that are currently sophmores and Freshmen. Kids that didn't get much playing time at all this year. We also lose a full back, a good linebacker, and a really good safety. Those guys hurt, but it's the Offensive line that will be the biggest question next year.

G'ville ought to be battle tested for next year I'd think. Y'all don't lose much do you?

We had 4 seniors this year, and there was only one game where they all were healthy and they all played and that was the very first game against Cheatham.

We lose our QB/DB in Chase Malone. Linemen Josh Young(our all-around best player) and Daniel Brys.

We also lose Brady Hearn at LB/TE.

QB will be the biggest question mark for us. We don't have anyone on the depth chart that has had much gametime experience at the position. We have several kids that are capable, just no experience.

The last half of the season, the whole offensive line was made up of underclassmen, and all the skill position except QB were underclassmen.

We also return Cody Woodmore who rushed for 1300 yards this year, but I don't think he'll be depended on as much on offense next year, so that would be a plus.

IMO, Preston should be missed for FC, but I think he was underutilized the last couple of years.

I know TC has bigger fish to fry right now, but us other folks need to talk about something other than TC spanking people on their way to another gold ball.

I look for TC and FC to get the top two spots with Gville and Watertown finishing 3rd and 4th.

I look for TC and FC both to contend for a gold ball in 2A.

Gville will be strong in 1A.

My projected standings are as follows:

Trousdale

Friendship

Gordonsville

Watertown

Clay Co.

Monterey

Jackson Co.

Pickett Co.

Red Boiling Springs

Croz, that's probably going to be the standard projection for '09, by most.

TC loses 9 seniors, 4 in the line that will leave a hole to fill. Also losing 2 RBs, although one was

moved to guard late in the season, due to an injury. Of course, our Mr.Football kicker, Jared

White, will really be missed. He was a huge factor in our toughest games. Austin Dillion, one

of the surefire tacklers @ LB, will also be sorely missed.

Who's going to fill their shoes? Remains to be seen. Could get interesting.

Everyone will lose some. Just a matter of how it all balances out.

G'ville had a tough year, compared to most, as we all know, but they gained a lot of experience.

Should be back in the hunt once again.

Croz, that's probably going to be the standard projection for '09, by most.

TC loses 9 seniors, 4 in the line that will leave a hole to fill. Also losing 2 RBs, although one was

moved to guard late in the season, due to an injury. Of course, our Mr.Football kicker, Jared

White, will really be missed. He was a huge factor in our toughest games. Austin Dillion, one

of the surefire tacklers @ LB, will also be sorely missed.

Who's going to fill their shoes? Remains to be seen. Could get interesting.

Everyone will lose some. Just a matter of how it all balances out.

G'ville had a tough year, compared to most, as we all know, but they gained a lot of experience.

Should be back in the hunt once again.

TC, IMO, will return their best players with the exception of a few.

To me, Cunningham and Dillon will definately be missed.

I watched Cunnningham since he was in jr. high, and I haven't seen one with the toughness, grit, and heart in a while.

FC will return Markham and Maasen. nuff said.

Watertown return Phillips and Lennox.

Gville returns almost everybody. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I look for those four teams to be at the top with Clay Co. possibly making some noise. I was impressed with them and the Brown kid at RB.

TC, IMO, will return their best players with the exception of a few.

To me, Cunningham and Dillon will definately be missed.

I watched Cunnningham since he was in jr. high, and I haven't seen one with the toughness, grit, and heart in a while.

FC will return Markham and Maasen. nuff said.

Watertown return Phillips and Lennox.

Gville returns almost everybody. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I look for those four teams to be at the top with Clay Co. possibly making some noise. I was impressed with them and the Brown kid at RB.

Somebody help us out with the next year scenario. Will there be four playoff qualifiers--two for 2A and two for 1A??

Is that the way everybody understands it, or will it be something else? I've not heard a final word on this, and would be grateful if somebody else could explain exactly how it will be.

We had 4 seniors this year, and there was only one game where they all were healthy and they all played and that was the very first game against Cheatham.

We lose our QB/DB in Chase Malone. Linemen Josh Young(our all-around best player) and Daniel Brys.

We also lose Brady Hearn at LB/TE.

QB will be the biggest question mark for us. We don't have anyone on the depth chart that has had much gametime experience at the position. We have several kids that are capable, just no experience.

The last half of the season, the whole offensive line was made up of underclassmen, and all the skill position except QB were underclassmen.

We also return Cody Woodmore who rushed for 1300 yards this year, but I don't think he'll be depended on as much on offense next year, so that would be a plus.

IMO, Preston should be missed for FC, but I think he was underutilized the last couple of years.

I think having experienced O linemen will carry you guys a long way. To me that was the biggest difference in TC this year. Their line got everything blocked up and stayed with it. That difference right there can create some great running backs!

I expect you guys to carry the 4-1a banner into the playoffs next year. Not sure how much SP loses, but I would expect you guys to see em in the playoffs pretty much every year.

Yeah Robbie is a good kid and a good player. I wouldn't have minded seeing him get a few more carries too. Only so many balls to go around I guess? But he still contributed over the years. We will miss him.

I think having experienced O linemen will carry you guys a long way. To me that was the biggest difference in TC this year. Their line got everything blocked up and stayed with it. That difference right there can create some great running backs!

I expect you guys to carry the 4-1a banner into the playoffs next year. Not sure how much SP loses, but I would expect you guys to see em in the playoffs pretty much every year.

Yeah Robbie is a good kid and a good player. I wouldn't have minded seeing him get a few more carries too. Only so many balls to go around I guess? But he still contributed over the years. We will miss him.

All intangibles aside. SP will be the team to beat the next 4 yrs., most likely. But, then, that's

a long way down the road. Anything can happen....and usually does. Good luck guys!

Somebody help us out with the next year scenario. Will there be four playoff qualifiers--two for 2A and two for 1A??

Is that the way everybody understands it, or will it be something else? I've not heard a final word on this, and would be grateful if somebody else could explain exactly how it will be.

All I know is that the top 2 teams in the region get a playoff spot in their class, and I believe the top team in each playoff class in the district gets a playoff spot. For example, If Gville finishes the best out of the 1A teams, they'd get a spot even if TC and FC are 1st and 2nd.

And, I believe that up to half the teams in each playoff class within the district(Region in our case) can earn a spot.

One thing that I'm not for sure on is if we'll be treated any different since we're competing in a region instead of a district.

I do expect us to do well in the playoffs next year, although we'll still be sort of young. SP loses alot but they'll always have playmakers.

As for Robbie Preston, He and his cousin Eric played middle school and Jr. Pro ball with my stepsons at Dekalb. They are very good athletes and very good kids.

Eric's little brother was a standout on Dekalb's middle school team this year. He'll be valuable to any school he plays high school ball at.

I do expect us to do well in the playoffs next year, although we'll still be sort of young. SP loses alot but they'll always have playmakers.

As for Robbie Preston, He and his cousin Eric played middle school and Jr. Pro ball with my stepsons at Dekalb. They are very good athletes and very good kids.

Eric's little brother was a standout on Dekalb's middle school team this year. He'll be valuable to any school he plays high school ball at.

Molander? Yeah he was a real good football player. Undersized but tough as nails. Two years ago they stuck him in at QB for a game or part of a game. (can't remember which) Kid was cat quick. Nobody could get a clean shot at him. And he was a tenacious LB.

And, like you say, both very good kids.