The Marshall County, KY Hoop Fest

Here is the schedule....

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 4

Session 1

Game 1 5:30 pm Marshall County (KY) vs Obion County (TN) girls

Game 2 7:00 pm Calloway County (KY) vs Harrisburg (IL)

Game 3 8:30 pm Graves County (KY) vs Massac County (IL)

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 5

Session 2

Game 4 5:30 pm Marshall County (KY) vs Obion County Central (TN)

Game 5 7:00 pm Oak Hill Academy (VA) vs Duncanville, TX

Game 6 8:30 pm St. Benedicts (NJ) vs Jackson Provine, (MS)

Game 7 10:00 pm Briarcrest (TN) vs Homewood Flossmoor (IL)

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6

Session 3

Game 8 9:00 am Marshall County (KY) vs Madisonville North Hopkins (KY) girls

Game 9 10:30 am Paducah Tilghman (KY) vs Lexington Catholic (KY)

Game 10 12:00 pm South Laurel (KY) vs Lafayette (MO)

Game11 1:30 pm Memphis White Station (TN) vs Columbus Northland (OH)

SLAM DUNK CONTEST 3:00 PM

Session 4

Game 12 3:30 pm Marshall County (KY) vs Madisonville North Hopkins ((KY)

Game 13 5:00 pm Wheeler (GA) vs Jackson Callaway (MS)

Game 14 6:30 pm Scott County (KY) vs Duncanville (TX)

Game 15 8:00 pm Oak Hill Academy (VA) vs Chicago Simeon (IL)

Game 16 9:30 pm Chicago Whitney Young (IL) vs St. Benedicts (NJ)

Game 17 11:00 pm Montverde Academy (FL) vs Findlay (NV)

** Games and times subject to change

This is one of the premier high school events held in the USA every year....The Hoop Fest is one that Oak Hill Acd regularly attends and will play twice in it this season....Some of the country's finest players are in it yearly...

Last season the last session had 7,500 people in attendence...This is held at Marshall County's Reed-Conner Gym..This gym was featured in USA Today a few years ago as one the "must see" places to watch a high school basketball game.....

Here is the link to the event's web-site....Here you can find info on the teams involved,directions and ticket information...It also shows some of the past players that have participated....It also gives info on how to watch all the games via the internet.....

http://www.marshall.k12.ky.us/mchs/sports/hoopfest.htm

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went 2 years ago. Had a lot of fun but it was really crowded. But its the most high school talent I have seen on the court at one time. I got to meet a few of the oak hill players and the dunk contest wasn't great but its the best one I've seen in person. If you like high school basketball at all go watch a few of these games.

I went 2 years ago. Had a lot of fun but it was really crowded. But its the most high school talent I have seen on the court at one time. I got to meet a few of the oak hill players and the dunk contest wasn't great but its the best one I've seen in person. If you like high school basketball at all go watch a few of these games.

The Oak Hill players are always surrounded by people wanting autographs...They also bring their own merchandise that they sell at a table set up in the lobby.....

It was so crowded last year for that Saturday session and the heat had to be up full blast....The Paducah Sun reported a crowd of 7,500...Micheal Jordan was suppose to have been there to see his son play....His other son that plays for Illinois was playing against Arizona at noon on CBS...It had come an ice storm in Chicago and I don't think Jordan ever made it...

I'll get to go Friday night because my son's team plays the game before Oak Hill and Duncanville,TX...I think that game is suppose to be televised by one of the ESPN stations but I'm not positive about that....

The Oak Hill players are always surrounded by people wanting autographs...They also bring their own merchandise that they sell at a table set up in the lobby.....

It was so crowded last year for that Saturday session and the heat had to be up full blast....The Paducah Sun reported a crowd of 7,500...Micheal Jordan was suppose to have been there to see his son play....His other son that plays for Illinois was playing against Arizona at noon on CBS...It had come an ice storm in Chicago and I don't think Jordan ever made it...

I'll get to go Friday night because my son's team plays the game before Oak Hill and Duncanville,TX...I think that game is suppose to be televised by one of the ESPN stations but I'm not positive about that....

Well we have a game here in henry county friday so I won't make it til saturday. Ill probably get there around 1 cuz I want to see white station play. I seen them on tv in the championship last year but they didn't look that great. But I'm hearin joe jackson is the real deal. And of course I have to see oak hill play and simeon. Both teams are always real good. I'm gettin kinda excited. I just hope I can find a good seat down kinda close. The year I went the only seat I could find was way up there.

More info on players and teams involved:

NATION'S TOP HIGH SCHOOL BOYS BASKETBALL

TEAMS CLASH IN MARSHALL COUNTY BILL KEIGHTLEY HOOPFEST

Five of the nation??™s top 10 teams, including top ranked Duncanville Texas, to be featured in Kentucky event Dec. 4-6

The Marshall County Bill Keightley HoopFest is a three-day, 17-game event featuring several of the top boy??™s high school basketball teams in the country. Headlining the event is:

#1 Duncanville (Texas), perhaps the Lone Star states strongest high school team ever. Shawn Williams (6??™6??? Sr.) a Longhorn commitment, leads Coach Phil McNeeley??™s talented lineup consisting of 6??™5??? Roger Franklin (Oklahoma State), 6??™0??? point guard Reger Dowell (Oklahoma State) and Baylor University commit Perry Jones (6??™11??? Jr.).

#4 St. Benedict (N.J.) ??“Gone from last year??™s 24-1 squad is current Louisville Cardinal Samardo Samuels but Coach Bobby Hurley returns a talented squad led by future Rice Owl Tamir Jackson (6??™2??? Sr.), Myck Kabongo (6??™1??? So.), Pittsburgh recruit Lamar Patterson (6??™6??? Sr.) and Texas recruit Tristan Thompson (6??™8??? Jr.).

#5 Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Va.) ??“Coach Steve Smith enters his 24th season as head coach and returns five of top eight players and has a newcomer at point guard; Lamont ???Mo Mo??? Jones (6??™0??? Sr.). Keith ???Tiny??? Gallon (6??™9??? 320, Sr.) an Oklahoma commit, Glenn Bryant (6??™7??? Sr.), Doron Lamb (6??™4 ????? Jr.) and Pe??™Shon Howard (6??™2 ????? Jr.) headline a tried and tested Warrior squad.

#6 Findlay Prep (Henderson, NV) ??“Coach Michael Peck announced that three seniors from Findlay College Prep have signed on to universities for next fall. Carlos Lopez, a 6??™10 F/C from Puerto Rico, has signed with UNLV. DJ Richardson, a 6??™3 guard from Peoria, IL has signed with Illinois. Avery Bradley, a 6??™3 guard from Tacoma, WA signed with Texas. Senior Victor Rudd, 6??™8 out of Los Angeles, CA, will continue to weigh his options before signing.

#7 Wheeler (Marietta, Ga) ??“Coach Doug Lipscomb boasts one of the country??™s top front-lines with the likes of 6??™7??? senior Ari Stewart (Wake Forest) and 6??™8??? senior Richard Howell (N.C. State). Shooting-guard Tahj Tate (6??™2??? Sr.) and point guard Phil Taylor (5??™9??? Jr.) are highly-touted performers as well.

#22 Chicago Whitney Young (Chicago, Ill.) ??“ Anthony Johnson (6??™5??? Sr.) is headed for Purdue but first would like to lead the Dolphins to a state crown. The quick an powerful Marcus Jordan (6??™3??? Sr.), the youngest son of Chicago Bulls great Michael Jordan is considering several ACC schools. Chris Colvin (6??™3??? Sr.) has a tremendous court presence and gets the Dolphins offense rolling. The heady 5??™9??? senior point guard Ahmad Starks is headed for Oregon State.

#31 Chicago Simeon (Chicago, Ill.) ??“Two state titles in the last three seasons for the Wolverines. Top returnees are 6??™5??? Brandon Orange, 6??™3??? Brandon Spearman, 5??™10??? Jeremy Jones, and frontline players Robert Robinson and Stephen Walker.

NOTE: Rankings from ESPN RISE FAB 50

Scott County is the top ranked team in Kentucky and Coach Billy Hicks??™ Cardinals look to climb in the national polls with the likes of their all-state pivot 6??™8??? senior Richie Phares, 6??™2??? senior guard Ge??™lawn Guy along with transfers; 6??™8??? junior Dakota Euton (Kentucky commitment) and 6??™4??? junior Chad Johnson.

Also competing is Madisonville-North Hopkins, which features the early favorite for Kentucky??™s Mr. Basketball in 2008-09, 6??™6??? senior and University of Kentucky signee Jon Hood.

Other notable participants are: Arizona State signee Ruslan Pateev (7??™0??? Sr.) of Montverde Academy (FL) ; 6??™3??? senior Vee Sanford of Lexington Catholic(KY) ; 6??™8??? junior Matt St. John of South Laurel; 5??™11??? senior Scott McKenty of Marshall County (KY) ; 6??™3??? soph. Josh Forrest and 5??™10??? Byron Wright of Paducah Tilghman (KY) ; small forward Ferrokohn Hall ( 6??™8??? Sr.) and 6??™0??? junior point guard Joe Jackson of Memphis White Station (TN); George Garner, a 6??™1??? Sr. of Calloway County (KY) and 6??™2??? senior Josh Doggett of Graves County (KY).

anybody see white station get killed!!! lol!!!

Yeah,I did.The game was close for 2 and a half quarters.White Station missed too many shots around the basket.I thought Marvin Williams did a good job against Jared Sullinger and then he got hurt in the 3rd quarter,but came back midway thru the 4th quarter.Thats when the game got out of hand.Ferrokhan Hall was just no match for Sullinger.White Station didnt have no one to match up with J.D Weatersoon.He was very athletic.The Northland team was a very talented team,that i thought was one of the best teams in the tournament.White Station is a very good team that i think will make it to the state tournament.I also think that they are better with Julian Burton in the game.A very good defender that sparked White Station when he is in the game.

anybody see white station get killed!!! lol!!!

I saw it. White Station's effort in the 2nd half was embarrassing!!!!!!!!! They played with no heart and was REALLY selfish with the ball. To be honest I really didn't see Coach Patino that upset with his teams effort, at leat not on the sidelines....I would hope he took the entire team out behind the woodshed after the game.

BTW, F. Hall has got to be one the most overrated players ever. Any highmajor that burns a scholarship on this kid is making a big mistake in my opinion. He has the athletic ability but I don't think he has the skill...I know alot of people will disagree to. Just my take.

I saw it. White Station's effort in the 2nd half was embarrassing!!!!!!!!! They played with no heart and was REALLY selfish with the ball. To be honest I really didn't see Coach Patino that upset with his teams effort, at leat not on the sidelines....I would hope he took the entire team out behind the woodshed after the game.

BTW, F. Hall has got to be one the most overrated players ever. Any highmajor that burns a scholarship on this kid is making a big mistake in my opinion. He has the athletic ability but I don't think he has the skill...I know alot of people will disagree to. Just my take.

I 2nd that take!!