News from District 9-A

ecu

Unionvegas, what the heck is going on with Community? Cascade blew VB out of the gym on Tuesday then they beat Community by 10 last night... I thought they would contend for the district title this year, but losses to VB and MTC have me scratching my head right now...

On a side note, Congratulations to the Champs on a huge win last night against Eagleville. That gives them a 3-0 start in the region. Keep it up guys!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unionvegas, what the heck is going on with Community? Cascade blew VB out of the gym on Tuesday then they beat Community by 10 last night... I thought they would contend for the district title this year, but losses to VB and MTC have me scratching my head right now...

On a side note, Congratulations to the Champs on a huge win last night against Eagleville. That gives them a 3-0 start in the region. Keep it up guys!

Before we assume too much Cascade 11 let's look at each game realistically and for what they are- 1 game. I'm as happy as all of the Champs fans with our quick start and especially our big win last night. With that being said though saying we blew VB out of the gym is a bit misleading even with the huge score. The game was tight and back and forth the majority of the first quarter and was shaping up to be another great district game. At that point we made one huge run that was the result of one or two things: either our great pressure or their lack of execution (this depends on which side of the gym your sitting on). The game/score really spiraled in the second half due to the fact that VB's coach subbed early in the 3rd. We must remember that VB is replacing a lot and are going to have some stretches like that. I would bet the team Community faced is much closer to the real VB than the one we saw Tuesday night.

That being said- The Champs are the team to beat! I cannot see anyone slowing us down right now. We are still not far along with guys coming out of football and when we peak, look out 9A!

One final question- anyone know the final score of the Boyd-MTCS game from last night?

Before we assume too much Cascade 11 let's look at each game realistically and for what they are- 1 game. I'm as happy as all of the Champs fans with our quick start and especially our big win last night. With that being said though saying we blew VB out of the gym is a bit misleading even with the huge score. The game was tight and back and forth the majority of the first quarter and was shaping up to be another great district game. At that point we made one huge run that was the result of one or two things: either our great pressure or their lack of execution (this depends on which side of the gym your sitting on). The game/score really spiraled in the second half due to the fact that VB's coach subbed early in the 3rd. We must remember that VB is replacing a lot and are going to have some stretches like that. I would bet the team Community faced is much closer to the real VB than the one we saw Tuesday night.

That being said- The Champs are the team to beat! I cannot see anyone slowing us down right now. We are still not far along with guys coming out of football and when we peak, look out 9A!

One final question- anyone know the final score of the Boyd-MTCS game from last night?

VB is terrible a buddy of mine coaches at my alma mater so I asked him how bad VB is and he said they are pretty terrible which we all knew they wouldnt be that good coming into the season considering what they lost, so Community, who many people picked to be top 3 in the district losing to VB, better be concerned

VB is terrible a buddy of mine coaches at my alma mater so I asked him how bad VB is and he said they are pretty terrible which we all knew they wouldnt be that good coming into the season considering what they lost, so Community, who many people picked to be top 3 in the district losing to VB, better be concerned

Heard the same thing, Ice. According to some Community folks, they were throwing up some unbelievable shots that were somehow finding the net. This person felt that if the two matched up again, there was no way they could duplicate that game.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Community is missing their most important player (Stallings) but there is no excuse for them losing to VB. The Vikes already have put themselves in a bad position with two losses they shouldn't have. Eagleville and Cascade look to be the teams to beat early on.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Community is missing their most important player (Stallings) but there is no excuse for them losing to VB. The Vikes already have put themselves in a bad position with two losses they shouldn't have. Eagleville and Cascade look to be the teams to beat early on.

I think Stallings practiced yesterday and is expected back tonight against Santa Fe.

Forrest and Cascade should be an interesting match-up as both teams like to pressure the ball. Forrest must start shooting the ball better to have a chance. Cascade has the best player in the district with Carkuff and plays solid defense. Cascade to win at home.

Forrest and Cascade should be an interesting match-up as both teams like to pressure the ball. Forrest must start shooting the ball better to have a chance. Cascade has the best player in the district with Carkuff and plays solid defense. Cascade to win at home.

Cascade wins by 10. Great job guys. 4-0 start in district!