Any word on the Macon Co. coaching search?

LeatherBalls

Here is my two cents worth, for what that will buy you:

The politics in Macon County is incredible..if you please one group you tick off the other; and neither side will budge. I know..I had some dealings with the people up there over 20 years ago; and frankly, it was an insane asylum. It is not by happenstance that coaches cannot keep their jobs; it is just impossible to deal with the social and political situation in the county (and if you need anymore proof; read the RBS threads..) and people in the coaching community understand that. (Potential candidates have been told what has happened there and advised to avoid that job. I have seen this first-hand..and not by me.) Even people with strong community ties have problems there; for they will either run afoul of one or the other factions, or the people who hired them. I saw this; and others who I have known who have been up and down the hill have expressed the same.

Frankly, there are some families up there that have pulled the strings and have control of the county that will never be happy; and rivalries between different factions that turn everything into a Hatfield/McCoy battle...and the football program has been one of the battlefields. It will not end until ALL those factions are rendered powerless. And in a small town isolated by location and geography; well, good luck.

IMHO, it is a no-win situation up on the hill...and there are just some communities that are like that. And personally, I would not touch it with a 10-yd stick.

If you are a outsider in this area you will never be accepted...I can promise you that. I don't know who pulls the strings in this community but don't go there if you are a outsider!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a outsider in this area you will never be accepted...I can promise you that. I don't know who pulls the strings in this community but don't go there if you are a outsider!

I am tired of this post I want Macon Co. to win worse than anyone. The thing that kills me is that nobody is mentioning names of possible coaches!

What about Coach Curt Jones, He was one of our assistants back in 97-98, He left to go to Springfield and Then to Chattanooga as a head coach.

He was a great man, and could be what we need to turn the corner on this matter.

I am tired of this post I want Macon Co. to win worse than anyone. The thing that kills me is that nobody is mentioning names of possible coaches!

What about Coach Curt Jones, He was one of our assistants back in 97-98, He left to go to Springfield and Then to Chattanooga as a head coach.

He was a great man, and could be what we need to turn the corner on this matter.

Well you want names Ill give you what I have heard. They are Keith Goolsby, Phillip Sanders, Phillip Dean, Notre Dame High School's coach, and a coach from North Carolina is what I have heard. Don't know who is the favorite but these are the names that have been thrown out as putting in for it.

Well you want names Ill give you what I have heard. They are Keith Goolsby, Phillip Sanders, Phillip Dean, Notre Dame High School's coach, and a coach from North Carolina is what I have heard. Don't know who is the favorite but these are the names that have been thrown out as putting in for it.

Bigguy,

Why would Wiggins from Chattanooga Notre Dame want to leave for Macon County? That would not be a wise move. That would not even be close to a "lateral" move. Please reveal your source. Thanx.

Did Goolsby used to be an assistant up here or was that someone else, and would someone give me some information on the other coaches?

Did Goolsby used to be an assistant up here or was that someone else, and would someone give me some information on the other coaches?

Yes Goolsby was an assistant under Dyer and part of the group "run out" of town. If it is so bad in MC why is he puting name in ring to come back.

I too would like some info on the other names thrown out. Who is Sanders? What about Brown from Lebanon?

Yes Goolsby was an assistant under Dyer and part of the group "run out" of town. If it is so bad in MC why is he puting name in ring to come back.

I too would like some info on the other names thrown out. Who is Sanders? What about Brown from Lebanon?

I thought that was him but i wasnt for sure. I also was thinking the same thing whose the Sanders guy an wheres he from?

None of these names will be macon county's next coach. This is for our committe to decide and Im sure they could careless about what is said on here or any where else. Several coaches have applied,that part is true. iT WILL BE ALL NEW, nobody from the past, they know that- because its the only way it will work- to get all the players back out to play football.

None of these names will be macon county's next coach. This is for our committe to decide and Im sure they could careless about what is said on here or any where else. Several coaches have applied,that part is true. iT WILL BE ALL NEW, nobody from the past, they know that- because its the only way it will work- to get all the players back out to play football.

Well the Sanders guy isnt from here is he? Does anyone have his background?

Bigguy,

Why would Wiggins from Chattanooga Notre Dame want to leave for Macon County? That would not be a wise move. That would not even be close to a "lateral" move. Please reveal your source. Thanx.

Not sure why he wants to leave ND, but was told his application was seen in the Director's office.

Well the Sanders guy isnt from here is he? Does anyone have his background?

No not from here. He is coaching at Gallatin right now....not sure what else he has done.

Well, since you seem to know so much please fill the rest of us in.

Well, since you seem to know so much please fill the rest of us in.

the next coach at macon county will be keith goolsby. KI-YAA KARATE CHOP

KaPOW JUDO KICK, then finish with the the dreaded FIVE FINGER TOUCH OF DEATH PALM TECHNIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk, goolsby is a good guy and i'm behind him. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />