Any word on the Macon Co. coaching search?

LeatherBalls

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck...like Macon hasn't had drama the last several years. No soap opera could match what's been going on up there. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It's hard to ever see things getting better for places like Macon. What is the latest news on the coaching search? Has a coach been hired?

Wasn't Goolsby on the staff that took Macon Co. to the semifinals?

Yes. He was but my question is all these years gone from macon why has he not made head coach any where else? My second question is it has been said that he was ran off. If that was the case, why does he want to come back? Sounds like another coach thats at macon. They say he was ran off, but he come back. hmmmm,hmmmm, If he was ran off why would they want to come back. hmmm,hmmmm, maybe there is no place for them or maybe they just love our great leaders at macon county.

Keith Goolsby was the offensive coordinator for the 2003 Tigers. That is the only team in Macon County history to ever win a playoff football game (they won 3). He did a great job that year of managing the offense and has continued to do this over the past few years at Watertown. He has won every place he has ever been and two years ago helped lead Watertown to back to back wins over Trousdale for the first time in their history. When was the last time Macon beat Trousdale two years in a row? To answer Strongside's first question, he hasn't been a head coach due to the fact he wants to remain in the area. He hasn't even applied for any head coaching openings until this year when a couple of nearby programs finally opened up. Unlike Macon County, other programs don't have a head coach opening every two years like Macon does. As for being run off, I don't believe he or Harville were run off for anything they themselves did. It was the Prock administration that was out to screw Pat Dyer over anyway possible and what better of a way than to get rid of his offensive and defensive coordinators, neither had tenure so that made it easy. Goolsby enjoyed his time at Macon and feels that he can turn the program back into the direction it was heading in 2003, which he had a hand in. It appears the committee has decided to go with Sanders, the Gallatin freshman coach, if he doesn't get the Westmoreland job. Make no doubt about it, Macon is Sanders' second choice. This makes absolutely no sense, but it is Macon County and common sense doesn't always seem to rise to the top in their decision making process. Goolsby would do a great job motivating the kids and getting the best athletes on the field, which is what Macon needs more than anything. I wish whoever gets the job the best of luck!

Yes. He was but my question is all these years gone from macon why has he not made head coach any where else? My second question is it has been said that he was ran off. If that was the case, why does he want to come back? Sounds like another coach thats at macon. They say he was ran off, but he come back. hmmmm,hmmmm, If he was ran off why would they want to come back. hmmm,hmmmm, maybe there is no place for them or maybe they just love our great leaders at macon county.

Keith Goolsby was the offensive coordinator for the 2003 Tigers. That is the only team in Macon County history to ever win a playoff football game (they won 3). He did a great job that year of managing the offense and has continued to do this over the past few years at Watertown. He has won every place he has ever been and two years ago helped lead Watertown to back to back wins over Trousdale for the first time in their history. When was the last time Macon beat Trousdale two years in a row? To answer Strongside's first question, he hasn't been a head coach due to the fact he wants to remain in the area. He hasn't even applied for any head coaching openings until this year when a couple of nearby programs finally opened up. Unlike Macon County, other programs don't have a head coach opening every two years like Macon does. As for being run off, I don't believe he or Harville were run off for anything they themselves did. It was the Prock administration that was out to screw Pat Dyer over anyway possible and what better of a way than to get rid of his offensive and defensive coordinators, neither had tenure so that made it easy. Goolsby enjoyed his time at Macon and feels that he can turn the program back into the direction it was heading in 2003, which he had a hand in. It appears the committee has decided to go with Sanders, the Gallatin freshman coach, if he doesn't get the Westmoreland job. Make no doubt about it, Macon is Sanders' second choice. This makes absolutely no sense, but it is Macon County and common sense doesn't always seem to rise to the top in their decision making process. Goolsby would do a great job motivating the kids and getting the best athletes on the field, which is what Macon needs more than anything. I wish whoever gets the job the best of luck!

That was a great answer. I wish the other half of macon co. new this instead of blamming someone else and you may be on to something. p.s. VERY HONEST POST

the next coach at macon county will be keith goolsby. KI-YAA KARATE CHOP

KaPOW JUDO KICK, then finish with the the dreaded FIVE FINGER TOUCH OF DEATH PALM TECHNIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk, goolsby is a good guy and i'm behind him. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

this is a good post, nay... a great post! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I only see 1 other problem. he could be the man, but he would have to leave the other x coaches off the field. they are a big problem and it will never work with the most of them that's been out there the last 4 years. The players we need want come if there still helping. Then you have same ole same ole.

I only see 1 other problem. he could be the man, but he would have to leave the other x coaches off the field. they are a big problem and it will never work with the most of them that's been out there the last 4 years. The players we need want come if there still helping. Then you have same ole same ole.

so you're saying there are kids that won't play because they don't like who the coaches are? my coach and i in high school disagreed on just about everything, but that never superceded my desire to play. that sounds like an excuse to avoid playing altogether veiled in the phrase "oh i don't play cause i don't like who's in charge". give them boys a sack of planters and tell em to "nut up" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

so you're saying there are kids that won't play because they don't like who the coaches are? my coach and i in high school disagreed on just about everything, but that never superceded my desire to play. that sounds like an excuse to avoid playing altogether veiled in the phrase "oh i don't play cause i don't like who's in charge". give them boys a sack of planters and tell em to "nut up" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Its not like that. They have pets and it does not matter how hard you try or even if your better. You are not going to earn a spot. If they don't like you. YOU WANT PLAY. Good or earning a spot has nothing to do with it and then when they finally do get a shot the first time they do 1 little thing wrong your donE for the year. The pets get chances over and over. Big problem BIG! Most of this comes from immaturity from young inexperienced coaches or they dislike the parent. So with this being said would you play? players are'nt dumb.Play or do something else and they do. It's been a crying shame but maybe it will change. What's worse is they got by with it. I hope it catches up to all of them. NEVER CHEAT PLAYERS.

Its not like that. They have pets and it does not matter how hard you try or even if your better. You are not going to earn a spot. If they don't like you. YOU WANT PLAY. Good or earning a spot has nothing to do with it and then when they finally do get a shot the first time they do 1 little thing wrong your donE for the year. The pets get chances over and over. Big problem BIG! Most of this comes from immaturity from young inexperienced coaches or they dislike the parent. So with this being said would you play? players are'nt dumb.Play or do something else and they do. It's been a crying shame but maybe it will change. What's worse is they got by with it. I hope it catches up to all of them. NEVER CHEAT PLAYERS.

if the picture you paint is true, then it's already caught up to them.