AAA in Shelby County

Dragonmaster

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popcorn! Did you say Popcorn. I love popcorn. Were talkin bout popcorn! And they COULD GO ALL THA WAY. Who? Who's one first.Oh I don't know! But, get ya popcorn ready! pop pop pop!

Man, we're talkin about about popcorn. Not a game. Not a game. Popcorn. Popcorn man. Popcorn. Not a game. Popcorn....................

Keep it poppin, DU

Ridgeway still has the district tournament. Maybe some adjustment can be made then......

Let's hope so!

Ridgeway is dangerous because they can hurt you in many ways, just depending on the night. Sometimes they are killer in the post, and sometimes their guards are really hot from the outside. I haven't seen them play when both of those things are happening at the same time, but if it ever does, their opponent is in real trouble!

Man, we're talkin about about popcorn. Not a game. Not a game. Popcorn. Popcorn man. Popcorn. Not a game. Popcorn....................

Keep it poppin, DU

That??™s right??¦. I said it??¦ and I??™m not ashamed to admit it??¦.. I EAT POPCORN??¦. There: now are you all happy ??“ EVERYONE KNOWS!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Some people ???flick??? up one kernel at a time

Some people use the head to the sack method and eat directly out of the bag / box

Some people hold their heads back andddd you guessed it: make it rain

The real testament of a true championship team isssss: that??™s right ??“ ???popcorn???

When you go to a restaurant ??“ the first thing you check for is a clean bathroom

When you go to a bball game the first thing you should check is ???The popcorn???

If the popcorn is air popped ??“ then the team you are playing isn??™t use to a crowd and is probably not very successful so you should win by 30.

If the popcorn has way too much salt ??“ then the coach probably has high blood pressure and will not be able to make good decisions down the stretch of a close stressful game ??“ you should win by double digits.

NOW: if the popcorn is just right (a touch of salt and a touch of butter or oil). You are in for a longgggg night. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I hear Bartlett has some really good popcorn...... LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Get ya popcorn ready! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Seriously:

Ridgeway still has a shot to make some real noise in the post season. Hopefully that is where their focus is and not the exhibition city championship.

However: the road will be long and hard for Ridgeway if they continue to have the half court (live ball) turnovers. Actually the road will be SHORT and hard (because their season will be over). Ridgeway??™s abundant half court turnovers often leads to fast break opportunities for the other team. One stat that good teams focus on (in addition to raw number total turnovers) is the type of turnovers. Some teams can have 25 turnovers and still win a game ??“ because if they are dead ball turnovers (jump balls, traveling, kicked out of bounds, charging etc.) you can still allow your defense the opportunity to get set and hold serve.

IMO - Ridgeway??™s half court execution and turnovers still remains to be their big question mark.

In addition (in regards to Ridgeway??™s full court press): The better teams you play will not turn the ball over from a full court press all night long. In my view of the Ridgeway game at the Finch Center (vs Overton); Ridgeway wore Overton down and Overton made crucial mistakes due to the continuous press throughout the game. However, Ridgeway runs the press the WHOLE game. The SAME diamond press. Even a blind man is going to figure it out after a while. IMO ??“ you should hit a team with the press early (diamond), then maybe full court man a couple of series, 2-2-1 press and fade the opponent to the sideline, half court trap and back to the full court diamond.

Basically: you can??™t run the same thing the entire game and expect a team to not make an adjustment or become comfortable with what you are doing. You have to mix it up. If the opponent doesn??™t make an adjustment ??“ then you will blow them out. But guess what: that opponent won??™t be one that you will see in post season anyway.

Basically: I like Ridgeway. Just handle the ball in half court and drop out of the press every now and again. If for nothing else: give Muhammad a rest for a couple of series and get back in it.

Just my thoughts.

Seriously:

Ridgeway still has a shot to make some real noise in the post season. Hopefully that is where their focus is and not the exhibition city championship.

However: the road will be long and hard for Ridgeway if they continue to have the half court (live ball) turnovers. Actually the road will be SHORT and hard (because their season will be over). Ridgeway??™s abundant half court turnovers often leads to fast break opportunities for the other team. One stat that good teams focus on (in addition to raw number total turnovers) is the type of turnovers. Some teams can have 25 turnovers and still win a game ??“ because if they are dead ball turnovers (jump balls, traveling, kicked out of bounds, charging etc.) you can still allow your defense the opportunity to get set and hold serve.

IMO - Ridgeway??™s half court execution and turnovers still remains to be their big question mark.

In addition (in regards to Ridgeway??™s full court press): The better teams you play will not turn the ball over from a full court press all night long. In my view of the Ridgeway game at the Finch Center (vs Overton); Ridgeway wore Overton down and Overton made crucial mistakes due to the continuous press throughout the game. However, Ridgeway runs the press the WHOLE game. The SAME diamond press. Even a blind man is going to figure it out after a while. IMO ??“ you should hit a team with the press early (diamond), then maybe full court man a couple of series, 2-2-1 press and fade the opponent to the sideline, half court trap and back to the full court diamond.

Basically: you can??™t run the same thing the entire game and expect a team to not make an adjustment or become comfortable with what you are doing. You have to mix it up. If the opponent doesn??™t make an adjustment ??“ then you will blow them out. But guess what: that opponent won??™t be one that you will see in post season anyway.

Basically: I like Ridgeway. Just handle the ball in half court and drop out of the press every now and again. If for nothing else: give Muhammad a rest for a couple of series and get back in it.

Just my thoughts.

And let the fans say...........AMEN!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That??™s right??¦. I said it??¦ and I??™m not ashamed to admit it??¦.. I EAT POPCORN??¦. There: now are you all happy ??“ EVERYONE KNOWS!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Some people ???flick??? up one kernel at a time

Some people use the head to the sack method and eat directly out of the bag / box

Some people hold their heads back andddd you guessed it: make it rain

The real testament of a true championship team isssss: that??™s right ??“ ???popcorn???

When you go to a restaurant ??“ the first thing you check for is a clean bathroom

When you go to a bball game the first thing you should check is ???The popcorn???

If the popcorn is air popped ??“ then the team you are playing isn??™t use to a crowd and is probably not very successful so you should win by 30.

If the popcorn has way too much salt ??“ then the coach probably has high blood pressure and will not be able to make good decisions down the stretch of a close stressful game ??“ you should win by double digits.

NOW: if the popcorn is just right (a touch of salt and a touch of butter or oil). You are in for a longgggg night. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I hear Bartlett has some really good popcorn...... LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Get ya popcorn ready! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

DU you may be on to something. I also notice If the coaches are eating popcorn from their school between games. Like the boys coach eats popcorn watchin the girls play, girls coach eats popcorn watchin boys play. That really lets you know the popcorns goooooood! I have had the pleasure of good popcorn thruout the Midsouth . Number one Overton High school memphis. Number two Cookville High school CookvilleTN., Number three Germantown High school Germantown TN., Du this is for you. Bartlett High school Bartlett Tn. Thats my story and i'm stickin to it. Popcorneater!

DU you may be on to something. I also notice If the coaches are eating popcorn from their school between games. Like the boys coach eats popcorn watchin the girls play, girls coach eats popcorn watchin boys play. That really lets you know the popcorns goooooood! I have had the pleasure of good popcorn thruout the Midsouth . Number one Overton High school memphis. Number two Cookville High school CookvilleTN., Number three Germantown High school Germantown TN., Du this is for you. Bartlett High school Bartlett Tn. Thats my story and i'm stickin to it. Popcorneater!

Micmac: you are a trip /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ??¦..

The first ever popcorn ranking??¦??¦ Bartlett can??™t get any love in the State AP Polls but we are officially listed in the top 4 popcorneater schools. I think I??™m getting emotional??¦. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

With Houston losing to Overton, Overton has a commanding 9-1 district record. Houston, White Station, and Ridgeway are all tied for 2nd with 7-3 records. Even if White Station wins its game against Overton on Friday, they will still be one game behind Overton with Ridgeway to play. Overton has swept Ridgeway and Houston. Is their anybody left that has a chance to stop them in their stretch run to the district regular season title? Doesn't look good. But, I don't think anybody expected them to lose to Southwind, either.

By the way, did anybody see the Southwind-Overton game? What happened?