Sequatchie BEATS Chattanooga Christian 69-65

Courtside

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice all around team win. Cordell had 24 points and 11 rebounds, Ben Cartwright had 11 with a big basket and free throw in the fourth quarter. Derrick Brown came off the bench for 9 points with 5 in overtime. The guys all stepped up their play with Kiper on the bench with foul trouble. Seq scored 25 in the first quarter and led by 10, CCS came back slowly and finally took the lead before it went into overtime. Seq got a quick lead in OT and after CCS hit a three they made most of their free throws Only three foul shots were attempted by Sequatchie in regulation play, that should more than offset a few calls and no-calls that went against CCS.

I attended the game last night wanting to see what this freshman kid was all about....so he brings the ball down the court....passes it to another player and he goes to the corner and gets the ball back...then busts a 3..... WOW...this kid was the real deal...as is the Sequatchie team...Huge win and this team will shock some people...

I attended the game last night wanting to see what this freshman kid was all about....so he brings the ball down the court....passes it to another player and he goes to the corner and gets the ball back...then busts a 3..... WOW...this kid was the real deal...as is the Sequatchie team...Huge win and this team will shock some people...

I agree. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What happened with CCS Coniglio. I'm sure u were there.

If you were there then you saw me but I'll let you figure out who I am.

Howard still has to be the team to beat until someone does it.

I've always said that.

Here's my take. First off Sequatchie played a really good game. Cartwright is a legit player and he ran their offense well. Have to give him the props he deserves.

Some of you might have heard, but it may not have been put up here so I'll go ahead and say it.

William Moore is out for the season again with another torn ACL (last friday vs Ridgeland). This time he landed on a dunk and actually tore virtually everything in his knee. It will have to be rearranged, reconstructed, and rehabbed once again. Please keep him in your thoughts as he not only lost his senior year, but junior year as well.

Without him we we're struggling to find ourselves. He's been putting up something like 31 a game playing roughly 1/2 the game. He makes everyone on the court 10x better. That's a real testament to what he did in the off season to get ready for this year. We have to put in a new offense without him and it will take some time.

I do think we'll be playing well again down the road but this next stretch is going to be pretty tough. I thought the guys fought back hard and just didn't have it at the end.

BUT, there is no excuse for going 17-32 from the free throw line. Period.

Good luck to Sequatchie the rest of the season. You do have a fine team.

O So i think next time these two teams play it will be a great game. The freshman kid can play offense he ran his team really well last night. But can he play defense? The player he was guarding finished the game with 29 points. I was at the game it was a well played game the both teams, but ccs missed big freethrow at the end of the game that could have helped them win in overtime. I am looking forward to the next match between these two team!