Better late than never Knox Catholic

DiehardBlueDevil

A little late but wanted to congratulate KC on the win over White House last Friday. They really impressed me with the 2nd half performance. I just caught the 2nd qtr on the radio over the internet. I was confident when I turned it on and we had just went up 21-7. Then we got the ball back, but turned it over near our own endzone. KC scored quick and it was 21-14 before I knew it. I went to watch some TV and came back a few minutes later and it was tied at 21. Then we hit the long FG before half to give us a 24-21 halftime lead. I turned it off after that and didn't see the score until the next day. What a 2nd half performance KC must have had.

The 1st half we seemed to score pretty easy, what did KC do the 2nd half to shut us down? Also, I assume KC ran all over us. Was it the speed?

Anyways good win and good luck this weekend. Hope you pull it off.

What were your impressions of the White House team? Also how was the crowd? Did the WH folks show up big time and were they loud?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little late but wanted to congratulate KC on the win over White House last Friday. They really impressed me with the 2nd half performance. I just caught the 2nd qtr on the radio over the internet. I was confident when I turned it on and we had just went up 21-7. Then we got the ball back, but turned it over near our own endzone. KC scored quick and it was 21-14 before I knew it. I went to watch some TV and came back a few minutes later and it was tied at 21. Then we hit the long FG before half to give us a 24-21 halftime lead. I turned it off after that and didn't see the score until the next day. What a 2nd half performance KC must have had.

The 1st half we seemed to score pretty easy, what did KC do the 2nd half to shut us down? Also, I assume KC ran all over us. Was it the speed?

Anyways good win and good luck this weekend. Hope you pull it off.

What were your impressions of the White House team? Also how was the crowd? Did the WH folks show up big time and were they loud?

WHITE HOUSE NEVER WENT UP BY MORE THEN 7 POINTS. IT WAS NEVER 21-7. IT WOULD'VE BEEN GREAT IF THEY DID MAKE IT A 2 SCORE GAME. BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

WHITE HOUSE NEVER WENT UP BY MORE THEN 7 POINTS. IT WAS NEVER 21-7. IT WOULD'VE BEEN GREAT IF THEY DID MAKE IT A 2 SCORE GAME. BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

Larry's right, it wasn't a two score game at any point. I believe we scored the first 7 on the punt, white house then scored on a fake bubble screen and passed deep, then they scored again. We then turned the ball over after a 3 and out and intercepted a pass. We capped off that drive with a pass to daniel hood in the endzone. White house scored and with like a minute left, we scored with a touchdown by cozart? Then white house kicked the field goal before half. What really stopped white house was their lack of run defense in the second half. I wouldn't really say they were "lacking in run defense," I guess maybe Catholic just stepped their running game up. Howanitz took control of this game undoubtedly with his running in the second half. He was a very hard-nosed kid and he didn't quit. Second effort was big and the offensive line stepped up huge. There were no passes thrown by catholic in the second half. Very one dimensional for catholic in the second half. converted 4th down like 4 out of 5 times or something crazy like that. the play that killed white house was the sweep to the left. Neblett hit his block everytime and it went for big yards everytime. Thank you for the class poster and we will try not to disappoint you in the boro.

Larry's right, it wasn't a two score game at any point. I believe we scored the first 7 on the punt, white house then scored on a fake bubble screen and passed deep, then they scored again. We then turned the ball over after a 3 and out and intercepted a pass. We capped off that drive with a pass to daniel hood in the endzone. White house scored and with like a minute left, we scored with a touchdown by cozart? Then white house kicked the field goal before half. What really stopped white house was their lack of run defense in the second half. I wouldn't really say they were "lacking in run defense," I guess maybe Catholic just stepped their running game up. Howanitz took control of this game undoubtedly with his running in the second half. He was a very hard-nosed kid and he didn't quit. Second effort was big and the offensive line stepped up huge. There were no passes thrown by catholic in the second half. Very one dimensional for catholic in the second half. converted 4th down like 4 out of 5 times or something crazy like that. the play that killed white house was the sweep to the left. Neblett hit his block everytime and it went for big yards everytime. Thank you for the class poster and we will try not to disappoint you in the boro.

RUN DEFENSE WAS WHITE HOUSE'S ONLY WEAKNESS ON THE YEAR. IT DID GET BETTER AS THE YEAR WENT BY. IT WAS REALLY THE ONLY WEAKNESS THEY HAD IF THEY HAD ANY. BUT KNOX CATHOLIC HAD A GREAT RUNNING OFFENSE AND IT WAS JUST A LITTLE TOO MUCH ALONG WITH THE TURNOVERS. BOONE PLAYED MORE ON DEFENSE AT THE END OF THE YEAR AND THE RUN DEFENSE DID IMPROVE WHEN HE WAS IN THERE.

WHITE HOUSE HAD GREAT SPECIAL TEAMS, GREAT PASS OFFENSE, GREAT RUN OFFENSE, GREAT PASS COVERAGE, AND THE RUN DEFENSE DID IMPROVE TREMENDOUSLY AS THE YEAR WENT BY BUT I WOULD'NT CLASSIFY IT GREAT LIKE THE OTHER PARTS OF THE TEAM. ACTUALLY THE 1ST GAME OF THE YEAR AGAINST PORTLAND YOU COULD SEE WHAT WAS COMING.

Oh my bad it must have been when we went up 21-14 that I turned it on. Bc we had the ball up 21-14 then we turned it over deep in our own territory for a quick KC score to tie it at 21. My bad.

Anyway good luck to KC.

Any feedback on the WH crowd, or the crowd overall?

AMAZING!!!! You would've thought we were at home!! We got there 2 hours early, started cheering while the teams warmed up. Didn't stop, didn't sit! Made it seem like they had no fans! The only cheering from the KC adult crowd was "golf clap" only! Very disappointing that they didn't bring it for their boys! The KC kids made a pretty decent showing by 1/2 time, but they couldn't touch us! Never too much BDP!! We even cheered our boys after the last whistle blew because we were so proud of those boys that we wanted them to know EXACTLY what we thought of them! It was a night I'll never forget! It was worth every penny spent for gas,room,eats and entry fee x 3! Who cares about NFL when you have that much determination on the field and in the stands! DiehardBlueDevel, wish you could've been there! Maybe they'll have game video available later. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

AMAZING!!!! You would've thought we were at home!! We got there 2 hours early, started cheering while the teams warmed up. Didn't stop, didn't sit! Made it seem like they had no fans! The only cheering from the KC adult crowd was "golf clap" only! Very disappointing that they didn't bring it for their boys! The KC kids made a pretty decent showing by 1/2 time, but they couldn't touch us! Never too much BDP!! We even cheered our boys after the last whistle blew because we were so proud of those boys that we wanted them to know EXACTLY what we thought of them! It was a night I'll never forget! It was worth every penny spent for gas,room,eats and entry fee x 3! Who cares about NFL when you have that much determination on the field and in the stands! DiehardBlueDevel, wish you could've been there! Maybe they'll have game video available later. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Yes, this is coming from an irish fan. Very good fans from White House. It was like a wave of blue. I don't understand why it took so long for our student section to get going, but it finally got some people in it but we didn't rival the White House shakers and all their noise maker things. They were good fans and you could tell they were really passionate about the game. Great game to be at. Plenty of name calling and kind of like a rivalry between the two groups of fans and many people got angry and called us "classless" but it was fun to be at.

Yes, this is coming from an irish fan. Very good fans from White House. It was like a wave of blue. I don't understand why it took so long for our student section to get going, but it finally got some people in it but we didn't rival the White House shakers and all their noise maker things. They were good fans and you could tell they were really passionate about the game. Great game to be at. Plenty of name calling and kind of like a rivalry between the two groups of fans and many people got angry and called us "classless" but it was fun to be at.

Sorry to hear that there was name calling like that. I was one of those shaker people. First time, too. At my age I can promise you that they are not as harmless as they look (regular 24 oz bottle, not laundry detergent size)! I felt like I had worked in a rock quarry for 2-3 days! Ever have stone bruises on your hands? Yeah, me neither. I must have been too focused on the game and field to notice that kind of chatter. Shame on them. BTW it touched my soul when KC boys kneeled and prayed as a team! I had heard what they had done for your neighbors when those cheerleaders were killed. That kind of behavior doesn't come from out of the blue. That's called being raised! A friend of mine once said " Some people are raised, others just grew up". Actually it went like this: You weren't raised, you just grew up!" I believe that behavior is a true reflection not only on the person, but their family. My little brother and wife happen to be down visiting so they went to the game with us. They said it was the best football game they had ever seen! I'm proud of all those boys (young men) on the field that night!

Off Topic but......

Excited to play yall next year. I know Catholic is a good 3-A but should interesting to see what you all do with our district.

No trash talk now becuase i want to beat the defending state champs!

Off Topic but......

Excited to play yall next year. I know Catholic is a good 3-A but should interesting to see what you all do with our district.

No trash talk now becuase i want to beat the defending state champs!

yeah we are excited to play you all two. Even though we are close, i really don't know anything about farragut football. It's great to play you all because probably half of our school lives out there. When are we playing? I think week 2 (technically week 3 because of week 0) but i'm not positive. I really want to see what we can do next year when we play "the big boys." But we will save everything for later like you said. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The 1st half we seemed to score pretty easy, what did KC do the 2nd half to shut us down?

Ok, I've been waiting to see if anyone would post comment about WH play-calling in 2nd half. Our passing game was virtually put back on the bus with head between tail! We continued to try the run up the middle with no success. Yet we did this over and over. I don't think there was one REAL passing play called in the 3rd quarter, most of the 4th! I always thought you stick with the one that brought you to the dance. IMO the coaches gave up on the pass too early. They cost us the game! I understand they threw for an interception early and threw a bad pass, but this has been going on all season. Yet our team always answered back with, yes, passing, passing, running, passing!!! It worked, and worked well for us all season long! Anyway, when we FINALLY went to passing, and I mean passing, not screen pass, we scored with ease! Just too little, too late. I just don't understand why it took so long for the coaches to see what I had known all year! It's like they went to sleep at the wheel in the third and didn't wake up til we were running out of time. So for everyone out there that has commented on Mitchell's coaching last night, (I was screaming at the TV the same thing! How can you possibly change your game when it was winning the game for you! Was he trying to show their QB could throw the ball, too? Never mind they couldn't catch it?) I digress, KC has definitely been fortunate 2 games in a row in this aspect. Yesterday might have been different team for Mitchell to give the Title to had we stuck to what we knew works!