Better late than never Knox Catholic

DiehardBlueDevil

Catholic you guys can say whatever you want but facts are facts. You do recruit and you legally can take kids from anywhere you want and I know for a fact at least 2 kids that have played football and gotten tuition. You ARE a football factory you claim an enrollment of 650 but dress out 100 kids for a home game? Are you kidding me? If we put those numbers at AC we would have 192 kids on our team. Say whatever you will but admit your percentages are not in line with the rest of the region.

Its actually kinda funny because there are only 35 guys on our team that played this season. The rest just dress out because it makes them feel special or it makes them want to be out there that much more, I'm not sure. If we are a football factory, why is it that our freshmen teams are losing?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name the 2..... I'll throw out names like Rorex, York, White , Farmer, Laverdiere that certainly didn't live in the AC zone. We could go back a little farther and name several that made the journey down from Campbell Co for football.

Irish .. how can these kids going to AC live outside the zone ??? You have to live in that zone before you can play for that team correct ?? I know that Fulton had to wait till Courland Styles moved into Fulton zone before he could participate this year ...now I know that kids can go to private or tuition schools and live anywhere .. I think the private schools should play private and public should play public and those kids should have to live in that school zone .... that would stop all the whinning period !!!

Irish .. how can these kids going to AC live outside the zone ??? You have to live in that zone before you can play for that team correct ?? I know that Fulton had to wait till Courland Styles moved into Fulton zone before he could participate this year ...now I know that kids can go to private or tuition schools and live anywhere .. I think the private schools should play private and public should play public and those kids should have to live in that school zone .... that would stop all the whinning period !!!

Not so fast my friend as Lee Corso might say......

Pretty simple and completely legal. In the state of Tennessee you may attend any county school of your choice with the caveat that you must provide transportation if you are coming from outside that system. That is your state tax dollars at work. The reason Courtland had to complete his move is because he was a transfer student from Central. Knox County and other metropolitan areas are slightly different because they have specific school zones. Every one of the kids I named came to AC as incoming Freshmen. AC has been doing it for years with Campbell County athletes and started really hitting the Knoxville area when Coach Guinn started using his summer league baseball connections to build a perfectly legal and very good baseball program. The AC people must have short-term memory problems because they seem to have forgotten how some of the Campbell Co. defections decimated that program. And as a Fulton fan, you would be scared to know that they really pushed to get James Gallman to come there as a Freshman. The same thing happened with Will and Wade Bryant for your basketball team. They lived in Halls but attended Fulton. All of the kids I named wanted to play for a winning program, get maximum exposure and play under an excellent coach. Same reason kids want to come to Catholic!

MavFan and Opressed can say what they want and try to spin it somehow but I know all these kids and parents very well and have coached many of them. But again, it's perfectly legal. I'll await their response.

• 1 month later...

Not so fast my friend as Lee Corso might say......

Pretty simple and completely legal. In the state of Tennessee you may attend any county school of your choice with the caveat that you must provide transportation if you are coming from outside that system. That is your state tax dollars at work. The reason Courtland had to complete his move is because he was a transfer student from Central. Knox County and other metropolitan areas are slightly different because they have specific school zones. Every one of the kids I named came to AC as incoming Freshmen. AC has been doing it for years with Campbell County athletes and started really hitting the Knoxville area when Coach Guinn started using his summer league baseball connections to build a perfectly legal and very good baseball program. The AC people must have short-term memory problems because they seem to have forgotten how some of the Campbell Co. defections decimated that program. And as a Fulton fan, you would be scared to know that they really pushed to get James Gallman to come there as a Freshman. The same thing happened with Will and Wade Bryant for your basketball team. They lived in Halls but attended Fulton. All of the kids I named wanted to play for a winning program, get maximum exposure and play under an excellent coach. Same reason kids want to come to Catholic!

MavFan and Opressed can say what they want and try to spin it somehow but I know all these kids and parents very well and have coached many of them. But again, it's perfectly legal. I'll await their response.

Somehow Irish, I am always misunderstood. There is no spinning of legalities. They are what they are. If those are the rules concerning which high school a kid attends, then so be it. It's still a free country last time I checked. People should be able to send their kids where they want. You don't know that I am not one of those parents who took advantage of those legalities. My beef has and always will be about recruiting. If the privates can do it, then so should the publics be allowed to, also. If one is not allowed the other should not be either. I personally like legal.

• 3 weeks later...