QUEENBEE...Smith County Jamboree?

ELA

CHS is Celina soon to be Clay Co. High School. You would think that ELA would be worrying more about his team and less about if he is getting in free at a game.

It may be a courtsey, but it seems ELA wants something his school will not provide to others. ;);) :confused:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there should be any free passes into any game... When we go to away games...I just have my money in hand...even though we have teacher id's that would probably get us in free...but I realize how hard it is to fund most of the athletic teams...and I think it's absolutely foul that TSSAA garners money from gates...but hands out free passes...and expects them to get people in free...either make it a rule that all schools HAVE to honor them for any sporting event and give back a certain percentage to the host school...or do away with them completely... ;)

Posted by KATEL:

CHS is Celina soon to be Clay Co. High School. You would think that ELA would be worrying more about his team and less about if he is getting in free at a game.

It may be a courtsey, but it seems ELA wants something his school will not provide to others. ;);) :confused:

KATEL... I'm sorry you didn't get into a basketball game using your TSSAA card! The only TSSAA sanctioned games (ones which use TSSAA referees) in the state that I know of which do not allow free passes to coaches and TSSAA officials are the SUB-STATE BASKETBALL GAMES! I have never understood why those are excluded. When I work gates at basketball games... anyone with a TSSAA card walks through for free (it is professional courtesy).

I will pay the $5.00 ticket to get into the Smith County Jamboree... no I'm not cheap, but I do think everyone within the TSSAA organization should extend the same courtesy at all events! The jamboree is a TSSAA sanctioned event because it is governed by TSSAA rules, their officials are working the games, and they are referenced by statute in the TSSAA handbook. Just to show there is no hard feelings, I think about twenty players are coming tonight as well!

Some of you guys simply can't take a joke (McDonald's Reference)! By the way... all bus drivers get into our home games for free. Who in the world charges the bus drivers? I think teachers from other schools do have to pay unless they have a TSSAA Card. ;)

If you want to see a war...come next week. Its always a great game...but Smith Co. has the horses this year...It will be 21-7. You heard it here first. Gordansville will be a force in 1A till the second or third round but thats it. But I do like to see Coach Dillard do well. He is a class act.

Fan

Posted by fanman:

If you want to see a war...come next week. Its always a great game...but Smith Co. has the horses this year...It will be 21-7. You heard it here first. Gordansville will be a force in 1A till the second or third round but thats it. But I do like to see Coach Dillard do well. He is a class act.

Fan

I like his Mama...she's cool... :x

Posted by coach763:

I know he got a free cheeseburger but did he pay to see the Owl Jamboree?..............Question of the Day???? :)

I don't believe he got a free cheeseburger...cause I wasn't running the stand...the QB Club was...it was their deal...all the way through... :x

[Edited by QueenBee on 8-25-02 2:37P]

Posted by KATEL:

THE PASSES ARE NOT FREE. THE SCHOOLS DO NOT GET THEM UNTIL THEY PAY THEIR ANNUAL FEE TO TSSAA. :):x:)

I didn't mean they were free as in they cost nothing...cause they for sure cost the schools a bunch of money...I meant free as in free to get in the gate if ya have one...thought I was pretty clear on that...