Dobyns Bennett @ Sullivan Central

tricitiessportsfan

War in the Cougars Den  

18 members have voted

1. 1. War in the Cougars Den

Game is scheduled to tip off around 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday. Who wins and why? Let's hear it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dobyns Bennett (6-0, 2-0)

November

11/25 W vs. Farragut @ Hoop Feast Classic, 66-56

11/28 W vs. Siegel @ Hoop Feast Classic, 81-70

11/29 W vs. Knox Central @ Hoop Feast Classic, 75-68

December

12/2 W vs. Volunteer, 66-51

12/5 W vs. David Crockett, 73-43

12/6 W vs. Greeneville, 70-50

Sullivan Central (4-2, 1-1)

November

11/18 W vs. Tri-Cities Christian, 69-32

11/21 W vs. Cocke Co., 75-62

11/28 W vs. Oliver Springs @ Bobcat Classic, 55-44

11/29 L vs. Knox Webb @ Bobcat Classic, 60-55

December

12/2 L vs. Science Hill, 64-39

12/3 W vs. David Crockett, 73-58

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Central's crowd went from being the best a couple of years ago, to one of the worst. I blame schs78. They don't yell anything. When they do yell, it doesn't make sense. And the ones that DO yell, leave in the middle of the game. Mysteriously come back, though. I like to joke with the people I'm with that they had to go get their high back. I'm probably not wrong about that, though. Again, I blame schs78. To the game!

DB should run roughshod over Central. Central lost to SH by 25, and the Hill didn't even look that good. Expect a win somewere in the 25+ range. Central will struggle on the offensive end. Their best player will probably get 0 looks. Apparently, Central's guards have a vendetta against Devault, because they don't throw it in to him. Devault would probably be in over his head anyway, going against DB's posts. Central won't beat any of DB's guys off the dribble, especially Vannoy. Central will either have to throw up jumpers (Vannoy's speciality) or turn the ball over trying to get inside. DB will just run their offense, pick on Central's posts, and just keep rolling along. How DB's offense looked against Greeneville is what I expect against Central. Smoothe, sharp passes, lay-ups mixed in with good outside shooting. Beatdown, DB.

Central is slow and small. Not a good combination against the quick and tall lineup for the Indians. None of the Cougars will be able to match up with Adams and Edwards down low. Then at the guard play DB has the advantage there too. Sylvester will shut down Roberts and Halvorsen will stop Brown at the point. Should be pretty one-sided. Plus DB tends to thrive in the big games and the Central student section should be loud enough to get the Indians excited. DB by 25.

I don't see as big a spread as you guys. I believe Tony and the cats learned a little about themselves in the Hill beatdown. DB wins all matchups but won't turn the Cougars over as much as the Hill. I see a slower paced game with DB wearing em out in the post. 60-45.

db will beat them worse than the hill, central don't have a chance agaist the inside. 87 to 52

Nobody has had a better start to the Basketball Season like the Indians Jordan Edwards. The Post Game for the Tribe has been unstopable so far with AA Ashlon Adams and Edwards dominating game after game. When Justin Sylvestor shakes that ankle injury and is 100%, the Indians will a tough team.

Roll Tribe Roll

I completely agree. When Justin Sylvester and Todd Halvorsen start playing like they did in the Chop House Classic then this team is going to be VERY tough to stop. Their post game is already the best in East Tennessee up there with Bearden. We have already seen that it is better than Farragut's post game head to head. If Sylvester and Halvorsen are shooting the ball like they did in the Chop House then it is going to be a long season for the Indian's foes.