Gibson Co. @ Humboldt

Humboldt58

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles Taylor, Tevin Crayton, Rashad Wade, Jarvis Porter, Quenton Jennings, DeAndre Perry, and Joseph Gordon are Humboldt's 7 Seniors and 3 of them start. Between 7 of them, they scored 14 points in the WHOLE SECOND HALF. Quan Campbell is a Sophomore and needs all the experience he can get, so he's going to play more in the second half than some of the others.

Quan Campbell, a Sophomore, is the ONLY STARTER that scored in the WHOLE 4TH QUARTER for Humboldt!

Humboldt starters, other than Quan, SCORED A TOTAL OF 6 POINTS the ENTIRE SECOND HALF!!!!!

Second Half Scoring:

Charles Taylor - 2

Tevin Crayton - 4

Rashad Wade - 0

Darren Dunbar - 0

Jarvis Porter - 4

Quenton Jennings - 0

DeAndre Perry - 0

Joseph Gordon - 4

It doesn't really matter but Humboldt outscored GC 38 to 21 the 2nd quarter.

What was the score of the game tonight against Humboldt & greenfield?

Well, I'm going to be honest. Humbold IS the real deal. I've said it. Boykins does not do the coaching, the assistant does. Boykins just yells at someone when he sees something that he doesn't think is right, then he turns and looks at the assistant and makes sure everything is ok.

JW, you say Humboldt had their subs in. Well, why were they still full court pressing? to possibly break 100 and run the score up? I wish the best of luck to the boldt this year! Stay away from injuries!

Well, I'm going to be honest. Humbold IS the real deal. I've said it. Boykins does not do the coaching, the assistant does. Boykins just yells at someone when he sees something that he doesn't think is right, then he turns and looks at the assistant and makes sure everything is ok.

JW, you say Humboldt had their subs in. Well, why were they still full court pressing? to possibly break 100 and run the score up? I wish the best of luck to the boldt this year! Stay away from injuries!

lol jus to clear this up. i do not blame the humboldt players for doing what they are told to do. their job is to do what the coach tells them to do and play as hard as they can the entire time their on the court. its the coach who just seems to not really care. oh well... maybe one day humboldt will get em a good one... hope so cause they should of definitely been winning state a few of these past tens years at least!

I think if Humboldt had a coach for the past five years they would have won a couple of gold balls or silver. I think he( boykin) has coach beyond his days & it's time for a new coach with new ideas. Why would you put your starters back in the game if your up (30) thirty points, that shows no class at all. I think this year that he has a special team but without good coaching and team discipline they will be on the outside looking in again( state tournament). If, he can teach them how to play team ball/defense they can be a great team with their height and team quickness. Humboldt has a 6'6 (taylor) 6'7(crayton) a couple more athletes that can play but they must play within their limits. The tallest players on the floor want to shoot three's all the time, instead of going inside . If, the team was taught how to play a man to man defense, with the team depth, they would be unstoppable.

yes he may have caused a couple of games. but i will say and say again if them boys or girls do not want to play he cant make them. he doesnot throw up bad baskets or throw bad passes. they have to want it to. and by the way do you coach? leave the man alone!!!!!!!!

what is the problem who cares if they run up the score since humboldt is doing it something is wrong with it. it a grip, what do u want them to do let thenm stick around so it doesnt hurt their feelings. well if that is the case bring wipes. and again lay off of coach b. and if he does look to the assit. so what look to yours u might win!

humboldt was pressing the ENTIRE 2nd half. all the way up to the last possession when humboldt got 100 points. and a couple of 6"6" starters lol man they was really layin off the pioneers in the second half! very classy! i think ur right 58 humboldt did the right thing. humiliation is the best way to go /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PRESSING IS OUR DEFENSE!!!!!!!

i mean seriously how is that so hard to get?

this year that is all we will do is press press press

and prolly for years to come

if were beating teams by a lot then coach puts in the team we will have next year to get experience and court savvy with each other

But you can back off when your up 40+. You can play a man in the half, 2-3 zone, 1-2-2 zone etc... you don't have to press because at some point you gotta learn to stop a team on the half court. This is just basketball not directed at any particular team.

yeah thats a good point

but you have to at least understand where he is coming from...

he wants all his returning guys for next year to get as much playing time as possible this year

so it wont be so difficult to get in a rhythm next year

and guess what defense they're gonna run next year?

full court press and half court press

Lost respect? We told you that you would lose by a pretty big margin. O, and who was the stronger kid tonight? Ralph Masagna or DP? lol...my money is on DP.

Ralph held his own. Puttin up 21 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 assist. No doubt hombolt is an awsome team and i hope the best for them in the future. But there is no reason a high school basketball team should score 100 points. No matter the talent.