Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluedad,

How do you think Unicoi has surprised everyone this year? You seem to be close to the program so I thought you might give us your view point. Unicoi has one of the best if not the best coaches in upper East Tennesee, have one of the harder working players in Gardner, which she is also a very good leader, had a very good freshman class coming in which all leads to being very successful. I though Unicoi would be very good. Maybe not as soon as they have shown. I don't mean by winning, they probably are better than most they have played but by the way they are playing, playing pretty mature for the number of youth that are playing. Seems to me they have really bought in to Coach Fisher's philosopy. What do you think? Just wondering....

Congrats to Brooke Johnson. Highlander, how many 1000 point scorers has Cloudland had?

Krich, thanks for the info. You always are the man to ask....

Coach17, still no word from you on the Cyclone game.

THE GIRLS HAVE ADAPTED TO COACH FISHER VERY WELL, WHITNEY WEBB IS MOVING THE BALL DOWN THE COURT BETTER THAN WE HAVE SEEN IN A COUPLE YEARS AS A SOPHMORE, TEAMWORK ,GETTING ALONG WITH EACH OTHER , UNDERNEATH WITH SHELTON AND GARDNER OUTSIDE WITH BENNETT,KING,THOMPSON,EDWARDS WE ARE VERY PROUD AND WE KNEW THAT COACH KING WOULD HAVE THESE FRESHMAN READY TO PLAY .

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

TAKE ON OFFICIATING THIS YEAR? HOW IS IT IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS??

W'ere very much aware of Ali Gardner, whom I referred to as "Miss" (not "Mrs.")

- - out of the utmost respect, really. We've watched her for a couple seasons, and

consider her one of the better players in the area.

An I'm reasonably certain that your coaches will verify that I am a fan of Ali's -

Miss Gardner - she's a favorite. She's one of, if not the most versatile of the

Seven players.

I AM AWARE OF WHO YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT .INSIDE JOKE FOR MY CHUBBY BLUE DEVIL BUDDY . HE KNOW S ALI,S MOM TEACHES AND GIVES HER A HARD TIME CONSTANTLY , ALL IN FUN THAT,S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT . THE FRITS GIRL IS DOING WELL AT EHS . HUH?

hey bluedad first of all you are right on about mrs. gardner and second i think you re right about the girls from unicoi no one expected them to be good right now we all know fish is a great coach but he aint the one running the floor.. coach king got the girls ready last year for this and they responded well, and she has 3 girls ready for next year also unicoi shaould be real good for the next 3 or 4 years. see you tonight bluedad

MR.SQUIRRELL34 ,A LITTLE SCARY LAST NIGHT AT TIMES , I BELIEVE THE REF WITH THE MUSTACHE WAS OUT FOR REVENGE !!!!!!!

BY THE WAY JUST HOW MANY HOTDOGS DID YOU EAT? LOVE YA MEAN IT

The Lady Cyclones pushed their record to 8-2 today with a big win over Castlewood, Virginia. It was 70 something to 20 something. Powell had 12 assists and 12 points. Pietrowski and Fritz also scored in double figures and 8 Lady Cyclones scored at least 5 points. The man to man defense is improving every game and the turnovers are decreasing. This team has a lot of offensive punch and will be extremely dangerous as the defense improves and the guards' assist to turnover ratio continues to get better. Hampton should provide an interesting test on Monday. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

The Lady Cyclones pushed their record to 8-2 today with a big win over Castlewood, Virginia. It was 70 something to 20 something. Powell had 12 assists and 12 points. Pietrowski and Fritz also scored in double figures and 8 Lady Cyclones scored at least 5 points. The man to man defense is improving every game and the turnovers are decreasing. This team has a lot of offensive punch and will be extremely dangerous as the defense improves and the guards' assist to turnover ratio continues to get better. Hampton should provide an interesting test on Monday. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Question for you coachh17. Do you think that the Lady Cyclones will come out and guard the Lady Bulldogs man to man. I am not a coach by any means but I don't think it would be their best bet. I look for them to play their zone. It all depends on which Lady Bulldog team shows up. If the one that beat Stone shows up it could be very interesting. Will be a fun game to watch between two good friends in Coach Dugger and Coach Tolley. Would like to hear your "expert analysis".

You both raise some interesting points. Coach Dugger and Coach Tolley are both outstanding and we could see all kinds of things in this game. If I were Hampton, I would play some M2M, try some traps, and even mix in some full court pressure to try and speed the Cyclones up and force turnovers out of the young Cyclone guards. In the half court, Hampton may have to pack a zone to try and contain Pietrowski and Jefferson. If I were Elizabethton, I would try to play the Dogs M2M in the half court and not allow any wide open threes. The danger is that Oliver, McKinney, and Weddle can all take the ball to the goal off the dribble, which could get Pietrowski and Jefferson in foul trouble. I would probably put Powell on Oliver, Fritz on Mckinney, and Bowling on Weddle and have Jefferson and Pietrowski guard the other two Dogs. I would imagine Elizabethton will show M2M, zone, and maybe even some match-up zone during the course of the game. If Hampton can speed it up and get the Cyclones in foul trouble they will have a good chance. If Elizabethton can take care of the ball and get it inside, Hampton will be hard pressed to stop them. It should be fun to watch the players and coaches in this one. I respect the Dogs, but as always... Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Anybody the Lady Cyclones put on Oliver is a mismatch. In Mikki's favor.

Likewise, anybody on Pietrowski is a mismatch. Nodody can stop her once

she establishes the paint.

This is another zone game for Elizabethton. If the Lady Bulldogs shoot like

Cloudland did, it's a runaway for the Lady Cyclones.

If Hampton hit's shots and Elizabethton ultimately has to go man-to-man,

Hampton has the advantage.

So, I have to (reluctantly of course) go with 17, and his match-up idea.

If Mariah has to come out of the paint, Weddle is too quick to guard.

If she can stay under the basket, Hampton is limited to the extent the Lady

Bulldogs execute the drive-and-dish; something at which they usually excel.