White Co. Football

cavsfootball

Congrats Coach Malone and good luck!

White County, you've got a great coach who will work your kids hard and be successful. He won't be looking to jump ship any time soon. He wanted to get into TN and I think you'll be happy once you meet him and get to know him.

You can look for as many negatives as you want and you'll always find them. Records, experience as a player, "not from White County", whatever. But as some of your fans mentioned, he is who you've got. Support him, expect and demand the best and I believe you'll get it.

First post. ummm. You want to pick on me for finding negatives about the guy. I predict the future will tell us which of us is right. So far I've been attacked personally but no one has addressed the issues. Wonder why that is?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU GUYS KILL ME! Here it is just hours after the pick is made and you find anything negitive that you can. Would it be ok if we let him get into town first. Look, I don't know the guy from Adam,but I do know what I've read. Let me ask you this. How many wins as a head coach does Houser have? How many years did Houser spend as a off/def coord? How many coaching staffs has Houser put together? Guys Coach Houser by all accounts is a great person, Good coach, and will more than likely be a good head coach. From what I've heard and read from here from his Dad, he's a stand up guy who I would like to have had as a coach. But that's not the way it went. I can't help but think that the board thought back to the last coach who come from a football backround, had never been a head coach and looked good on paper. Does anybody remember Josh Kerr. Don't sell Malone short. He comes from a pretty good backround. Gary Rankin would have to be high on the list of coaches to learn from.In fact, Coach Rankin said that he would take Coach Malone back right now.Talk to the people at South Doyle High School. Malone more than likely would have gotten that job. I can tell you this he can't do it by his self. This is what I posted about earlier, we need to be ready to put out our hand and welcome Coach Malone to White County, not poke him in eye as he comes through the door.

I will agree with you on just about everything you said except......comparing The Housers to The Kerrs would be like comparing apples to oranges. IMO And I'm in no way saying you were but every situation is different especially in that comparison. If that's a reason for not hiring Matthan then the board made a huge mistake.

Good luck to WC and coach Malone. Like I have said in past posts, WC has always had good football teams as long as I can remember and I think that if the right person comes in that they will be good again. Time will tell.

First post. ummm. You want to pick on me for finding negatives about the guy. I predict the future will tell us which of us is right. So far I've been attacked personally but no one has addressed the issues. Wonder why that is?

1st post or thousandth post. I didn't even mention you, quote you or say anything to you. I just stated that anyone wanting negativity could find it if they look hard enough. No one is attacking you personally.

What issues do you want addressed? Ask the questions.

1st post or thousandth post. I didn't even mention you, quote you or say anything to you. I just stated that anyone wanting negativity could find it if they look hard enough. No one is attacking you personally.

What issues do you want addressed? Ask the questions.

No issues TopNotch. you got the job now run with it. I actually hope you aren't a rerun of the past few years. I really do. Maybe I'm being to hard on you, I'm willing to give you some time.

No issues TopNotch. you got the job now run with it. I actually hope you aren't a rerun of the past few years. I really do. Maybe I'm being to hard on you, I'm willing to give you some time.

The Warriors are 24 and 57 since the 01 season. With a lone play-off appearance in 05...a loss to Maryville. I'd say that it wouldn't be to hard to improve on that record.

Ha, winston, I am not Coach Malone. He is a good man and I consider him a friend. As someone has since posted, improvement shouldn't be hard to come by.

Sometimes, you have to know the circumstances to understand the record. 5-5 at a school with little talent and a tough district may be better than 8-2 and a first round loss from a weak district. It can be relative.

He is a coach who will invest a lot of time in the community and the kids. Given time, support and some resources, you will be statisified with the product.

I look forward to coming to visit Coach Malone and seeing what he puts on the field. Again, best of luck to him and his new team.

Winstonblue, first tou say no one wants to talk issues, now you say you don't have any issues. Which one is it. I thought some issues were talked about in an earlier post. Look the bottom line is Malone is OUR guy now. For better or worse. If Houser had been picked I would say the same thing. I would have been just as happy with him. No one knows how Malone will do, but I will tell you this, he will have my full support and I hope the rest of the community. When it all said and done it dos'ent matter one bit what we think. It all about those who put on the marron and gray and take the feild on Friday nights.

I'm not sure why everything dried up. I have an idea. As for no one caring about football in White County. How would you know. Do you commute each day to Sparta From Ohio? Have you been here to gague the feeling of people? I'll be the first to tell you that things are bad here. They have been for awhile. The reasons are many. BUT, things are changing. Old dead wood has been cut from the coaching staff. That was one problem. You can't build a program with asst. coaches tearing it down behind your back. Numbers are going up. Kids are comming back to the program. They knew what was going on. Many I talked to were not going to play unless major changes were made.There is a new commitment to football from the Director of Schools. There is a new AD, threr is a new Principal. But more than anythig there are new parents. The new part is, that the parents of the incomming freshman are a new breed. These people have been involved with their kids and football for the last 7 or 8 years. These parents are hands on people. They don't sit back and see what happens. They don't back door things and cause hate and discontent within the program. I feel safe in saying that Coach Malone could walk up to any of these people I'm speaking of and ask anything of them and it would be done. You see they understand that a football program is just that, a program. High School football starts when kids are 7 and 8 years old. It starts with a strong youth program. White County has about 300 or 350 kids in the youth program. This program has to work hand in hand with the high school coach. This will be met with some resistance from time to time, but that's the way it has to be. Next the middle school has to be directly controled by the high school head coach. No use in teaching apples in middle school and then doing oranges in high school. And last a strong supporting from the community. As far as a punching bag, I'm not sure of that. But what we want to see is progress. Day by day, week by week. I think that this program can be something to be proud of and throw some punches of their own.

I'm not sure why everything dried up. I have an idea. As for no one caring about football in White County. How would you know. Do you commute each day to Sparta From Ohio? Have you been here to gague the feeling of people? I'll be the first to tell you that things are bad here. They have been for awhile. The reasons are many. BUT, things are changing. Old dead wood has been cut from the coaching staff. That was one problem. You can't build a program with asst. coaches tearing it down behind your back. Numbers are going up. Kids are comming back to the program. They knew what was going on. Many I talked to were not going to play unless major changes were made.There is a new commitment to football from the Director of Schools. There is a new AD, threr is a new Principal. But more than anythig there are new parents. The new part is, that the parents of the incomming freshman are a new breed. These people have been involved with their kids and football for the last 7 or 8 years. These parents are hands on people. They don't sit back and see what happens. They don't back door things and cause hate and discontent within the program. I feel safe in saying that Coach Malone could walk up to any of these people I'm speaking of and ask anything of them and it would be done. You see they understand that a football program is just that, a program. High School football starts when kids are 7 and 8 years old. It starts with a strong youth program. White County has about 300 or 350 kids in the youth program. This program has to work hand in hand with the high school coach. This will be met with some resistance from time to time, but that's the way it has to be. Next the middle school has to be directly controled by the high school head coach. No use in teaching apples in middle school and then doing oranges in high school. And last a strong supporting from the community. As far as a punching bag, I'm not sure of that. But what we want to see is progress. Day by day, week by week. I think that this program can be something to be proud of and throw some punches of their own.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I agree 110% on what you said about the HC having control over all the football in WC. Just look at all your successful programs and that's exactly what they do. By the time a kid gets to the HS level he knows the coaches system inside and out.

Prime example is Smith Co. When Maynord went in there he took control of all the football programs. And it has paid off for SC. They lose 18 to 25 kids a year down there but they don't have to rebuild like most schools have to, they just re-load.

Looks like WC has their ducks headed in the right direction. Good luck