White Co. Football

cavsfootball

Not much right now. Workouts still going and more kids have joined the group in the past few days. Working on getting the new head coach setteled in. Also looks like there will be or could be a high school jamboree here and possibly a middle school jamboree. Details are being worked on as we post. Just waiting on April 15,to get in full swing. Also next QB Club meeting set for April 7,2009 @ 6:30 @ high school

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so quiet here? Do we know who is coming in to coach with Malone? Is there any excitement building? I don't see it on the faces of the athletes, hopefully that changes soon.

I'm not sure what your expecting. Excitement is growing. At the meeting Saturday the report was that 9 Kids that had played and quit, came back to workouts. They came back because Malone had said something that created excitment. The QB Club had tripled attendance at the meetings since Malone was hired. Good attendance at the meet and greet. Folks stayed for about an hour after it was over talking to the coach. Workouts have been split into two groups because there is not enough room for all at one time. Survey is complete on the new workout facility, waiting to break ground. Maybe the look is one of relief, they could have been stuck with one of the old coaches.

Why do you speak of old coaches all the time .Most of the ones who have come out will not be around long after spring .Most excitement is among a few parents who hope they can run the program.you must have had trouble with him or you didnot get any playing time.I PLAYED FOR THOSE OLD COACHES AND THEY WORK THEIR BUTS OFF FOR US .THE PROBLEM FOR ME ANG THE OTHER PLAYERS WAS A HEAD COACH THAT DID NOT HAVE A CLUE.WHERE WAS THESE PARENT AT THEN.

Why do you speak of old coaches all the time .Most of the ones who have come out will not be around long after spring .Most excitement is among a few parents who hope they can run the program.you must have had trouble with him or you didnot get any playing time.I PLAYED FOR THOSE OLD COACHES AND THEY WORK THEIR BUTS OFF FOR US .THE PROBLEM FOR ME ANG THE OTHER PLAYERS WAS A HEAD COACH THAT DID NOT HAVE A CLUE.WHERE WAS THESE PARENT AT THEN.

You don't know how glad I am that you asked that question. But first let's clear the air. I'm not going to put a name on who I was refering to but, if you will look at who not comming back, I think you can figure it out. I'm not talking about the head coaches that have come through. I don't hold a grudge about playing time. You see I did'ent play for any of them. I played with some of them. I've watched White County Football for the better part of 40 years. Yes, that means I played for Coach Dee Harris. In my opinion I wish he were still there. But back to the point. This program has been torn down by in fighting and lack of loyality from asst coaches. When an Asst Coach spends calss time to demean and trash the head coach, when a Asst Coach tries to talk kids into quiting the program, when you have an Asst Coach who basically slanders the Director of Schools, in public, you've got trouble. As for a few parents wanting to run the program. You could be right but I don't think so. The parents that I know want to help in any way they can. These parents have supported programs since there kids were 5 and 6 years old. And the bottom line is that if the coach let's that happen then he won't be here long. Based on what conversations I've had with Coach Malone, I don't think anyone but him will be in charge. I agree that some of the head coaches have lacked in areas, and I would put a couple in the group of "no clue". As far as where the parents were when you played. You would have to ask them that question. I think from talking to some of them that, they were run off by a power tripping head coach, and decided that if they were going to be treated that way they would keep their distance. Some say that they felt it would hurt their kids chances of playing time. Some said that it would'ent change anything. I just know this, It takes more than coaches to make a sucessful program, it takes the community. Coach Malone has the same opinion. He wants to create a "football family", his words. I don't know if I can add anything to the program, but he has my name and number if I can. He would more than likely accept yours too!!!!