Thoughts on Clarkrange/JC game

midtensportsfan

Tasha Phillips is the best player on Clarkrange's team. She makes everybody around her better and does the dirty work (rebounds well, plays defense and gets her teammates involved). When she was a freshman, she was a one-dimensional post player. Now, she can step out and shoot the perimeter jumper. She can catch at the elbow and take that power dribble to the basket (left or right) for a layup and she can work in the post. She's not the type of player that's going to score 30 per night, but she's the best player on the CR team. Reed is a great shooter who can't dribble. Lowe is a good ball-handler who can't shoot. Green is a solid shooter who plays good defense, but she can't dribble and her contributions are often minimal on offense (doesn't score unless left open from the three line). Snow is just a big post player. Heady is very good (and makes an already great team the elite team in Class A), but Phillips is why CR, as a team, should win the state.

Jim Brown won't get blown out by CR though. He'll make it a game. He's too good.

Good luck to all.

Clarkrange has a very good team and they will definitely be in the state tournament but so will JC. All i'm saying is when Brown has to beat Rogers in the past he has ALWAYS won the game. Take the 04-05 season, Brown had a far inferior team personell wise and he beat Rogers in the semi's of the district when he HAD to thus putting CR and RBS against eachother in the Region semi's where they lost. CR will never blow out JC as long as Brown is there but on the other hand JC has blown out CR by 40 the year they last won the state championship. No matter what happens during the regular season i see a repeat of the state championship for the Ladies from Gainesboro! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per midtensportsfan on another thread

"What a friggin IDIOT you are. Its amazing how many CR fans are on these boards running their mouths about JC now after having barely beaten them ONE TIME at home. You couldn't find a CR fan on here after last years STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Your problem is you used to be able to run the table in 7A and now you can't. You people call Clay Co. your biggest rival yet like one poster said you had reserved seating at our game with people in the gym at 4:00. That was your superbowl, you beat the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPIONS and your fans acted like it. YOU were on here last year Options saying how bad JC was for Leonard moving there and how we recruited etc. etc... but you don't say one word when Heady comes to CR. I say until you beat us on the floor and end our season i would shut your mouth if i was you. WE ENDED YOUR SEASON AND WILL DO IT AGAIN! and when we do you'll do exactly what you did last year, stay offline until the next year, but next year we'll be even tougher and you lose 5 off of this roster so i don't like your chances in the future either. So keep on crowing about your home court victory because i predict you'll be eating some crow at the end of the year!"

You know, it does not matter what we think about the CR/JC outcome. The girls and coaching

staff will determine that on the floor. Both team are very good and the girls all seem to have

great attitudes and I'm sure they all have the desire to be state champions. Let's let them

show us what they can do and we will cheer them on in a respectful and sportsman like manner.

Clarkrange has a very good team and they will definitely be in the state tournament but so will JC. All i'm saying is when Brown has to beat Rogers in the past he has ALWAYS won the game. Take the 04-05 season, Brown had a far inferior team personell wise and he beat Rogers in the semi's of the district when he HAD to thus putting CR and RBS against eachother in the Region semi's where they lost. CR will never blow out JC as long as Brown is there but on the other hand JC has blown out CR by 40 the year they last won the state championship. No matter what happens during the regular season i see a repeat of the state championship for the Ladies from Gainesboro! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

MTSF quit runnin your mouth unless you get the stats straight before you embarrass all the other JC fans that are on this board. In the 2004-2005 season, JC was in AA and lost in the region semifials. The season you are talking about would be the 2005-2006 season.

Per midtensportsfan on another thread

"What a friggin IDIOT you are. Its amazing how many CR fans are on these boards running their mouths about JC now after having barely beaten them ONE TIME at home. You couldn't find a CR fan on here after last years STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Your problem is you used to be able to run the table in 7A and now you can't. You people call Clay Co. your biggest rival yet like one poster said you had reserved seating at our game with people in the gym at 4:00. That was your superbowl, you beat the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPIONS and your fans acted like it. YOU were on here last year Options saying how bad JC was for Leonard moving there and how we recruited etc. etc... but you don't say one word when Heady comes to CR. I say until you beat us on the floor and end our season i would shut your mouth if i was you. WE ENDED YOUR SEASON AND WILL DO IT AGAIN! and when we do you'll do exactly what you did last year, stay offline until the next year, but next year we'll be even tougher and you lose 5 off of this roster so i don't like your chances in the future either. So keep on crowing about your home court victory because i predict you'll be eating some crow at the end of the year!"

You know, it does not matter what we think about the CR/JC outcome. The girls and coaching

staff will determine that on the floor. Both team are very good and the girls all seem to have

great attitudes and I'm sure they all have the desire to be state champions. Let's let them

show us what they can do and we will cheer them on in a respectful and sportsman like manner.

Good post there Foxlady /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is that the same season that they had the twins from Jamestown move down there? I can't recall exactly. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Is that the same season that they had the twins from Jamestown move down there? I can't recall exactly. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Try not to let one persons ramblings cloud your judgement when you post 86. This is probably some kid judging from the posts but there is no need to slander our program or the girls that play in it. Midten does not represent JC fans as a whole as i'm sure KGM doesn't represent the majority of Clarkrange fans in the downing of our players. It was a great game to watch and the best team won that night. Its a long season and anything can happen and usually does! You guys have a great team up there both boys and girls and isn't it a pleasure to be able to watch these athletes play hard for their schools! Good luck to you guys the rest of the year and hopefully we'll see a packed house in January when ya'll come down here. I know one thing my boys JV sure enjoyed playing in front of a good sized crowd! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Try not to let one persons ramblings cloud your judgement when you post 86. This is probably some kid judging from the posts but there is no need to slander our program or the girls that play in it. Midten does not represent JC fans as a whole as i'm sure KGM doesn't represent the majority of Clarkrange fans in the downing of our players. It was a great game to watch and the best team won that night. Its a long season and anything can happen and usually does! You guys have a great team up there both boys and girls and isn't it a pleasure to be able to watch these athletes play hard for their schools! Good luck to you guys the rest of the year and hopefully we'll see a packed house in January when ya'll come down here. I know one thing my boys JV sure enjoyed playing in front of a good sized crowd! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey devil i've been missing you on the girls board. Great reply!!!!! I tried to say hello at the JC / Upperman game the other night but didn't make it through the crowd. Sorry about the smack on here about our boys game but I don't really think it was upperman.

I agree. Just trying to let him know how much he doesn't know and I am not slandering anyone. I know the reasons behind most moves, and most are legit.

Even though it was my honest assessment, I do regret making those comments regarding JC's current line up here on an open website. They were uncalled for and simply a knee jerk response to someone's ridiculous rantings. So, again, I apologize for that but, just to set the record straight for the master stat keeper (mtsf) who never has any stat correct, Clarkrange is 28-14 against JC alltime even though JC has won the majority lately.