Video taping of matches by Parents

rigger101

TSSAA Rule:

Video taping or filming is permitted if the taping or filming is for private use or use by the two schools involved and not for public or commercial use. Video taping or filming must be done from the individual??™s seat. Individuals will not be allowed to use tripods. A school taping or filming its own matches may use a tripod. A school will not be allowed to tape or film a match unless its wrestler is involved. All taping or filming by a school may be approved by the local Game Director, and the Game Director shall assign space, when available, from which the school may tape or film.

I remember last year it being a little stink at a Bradley match. I remember a few years ago I was filming my son's comp at a Tourney he wasn't in, and a parent informed me it was against TSSAA rules. If the rule above is that rule than I could see how a parent could say his taping is for private use.

How do others see this rule?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very technical area and requires someone who has spent years analyzing the rule. Needs to be commented upon by someone who is an expert in the field of videotaping.

anyone seen BCB?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> HS Dad's or funny trying to get that edge /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Seems as if I somewhat remember this happening. Go ahead and do it, but run like the wind when they come a chasing.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Bearcat,

I will never forget you holding off both coaching staffs, the CHS athletic director, and the CHS football coach armed with only a tri-pod. It was a sight burned into my mind forever.

From the way I read it I don't see how any school can ask a parent to stop filming or to erase the match. If it's for personal then that opens up a whole lot for interpretation. IMHO /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I doubt "they" could make you erase something, but they sure could make you stop recording.

This whole topic is ignorant. The only way I can actually "watch" my child and video at the same time is with the camera on a tripod. I'm generally too nervous to actually hold the camera and watch the match at the same time. I'm sure I'm not the only parent with this problem. And furthermore, every match I've taped, people are more than considerate to step out of the way and give you a clear view when your child happens to be wrestling (and this includes the refs letting you sit on the edges of the mat). As long as you're out of the way, not disrupting others view, who cares!!!!

Could comeone from Baylor please expain this rule to me, because if my memory is right (which it is) it was a few Baylor parents down in Collins Hill last year that were filming Father Ryan wrestler while they wrested another team at the Kyle Maynard Duals. But hey thats alright they ARE Baylor which definately makes them above the rules in anything that they do.

This whole topic is ignorant. The only way I can actually "watch" my child and video at the same time is with the camera on a tripod. I'm generally too nervous to actually hold the camera and watch the match at the same time. I'm sure I'm not the only parent with this problem. And furthermore, every match I've taped, people are more than considerate to step out of the way and give you a clear view when your child happens to be wrestling (and this includes the refs letting you sit on the edges of the mat). As long as you're out of the way, not disrupting others view, who cares!!!!

my dad uses a tripod and nobody says anything