Who will be new MTCS coach?

mofototo50

As many have read Coach Shadowens has left to take the Blackman job a year after leading the Cougars to a 7-4 record and a playoff berth. Since Coach has bailed on his players, who do you think will be the replacement?

For whatever my two cents are worth I think they should offer the job to Coach Jeff Mitchell. He has been an assistant at both Oakland and Smyrna. He was very successful as the defensive coordinator at MTCS this year and I think they would be smart to keep it in house with the way this thing turned out.

I am shocked and very angry for these kids having to deal with something like this. Nobody deserves that.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that MTCS will find the correct Ambassador for their program very soon. Everything will turn out fine. Don't blame they guy because he was there for a year and left. Did he give you everything he had for the season he was with you? If he did, then that's all we as fans can really ask for.

Without a doubt he gave us everything he had, and has done wonders for our program. I think the thing that some people might be upset about is that when you lead a 2-7 team to the playoffs after one year of coaching, people don't expect that coach to walk out. They just assume that since he was successful after only 1 year, he would stay and coach and the team's success would just keep growing. But not knowing the exact situation, I think there has to be something more involved than just the football aspect of his move.

I don't think MTCS's winning this year was all shad. Don't you think some of that winning they did this year was from experience. The kids playing this year have been on the field now for 3-4 years. I wouldn't say he bailed. He's just taking the better job. He just didn't like going to the playoffs and losing in the first round.