Hampton @ Elizabethton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the old statement is true then when they say you must play all 4 quarters not 3 in a half huh?

The bottom line is this. The fans at Hampton need to quit putting so much pressure on these younger kids refferring to the Ward and Hughes kid. Are they good ball players yes but the Hampton poster's on this board and other members as well has built so much hype around these 2 boys that they dont know what to think.

For 1. They are 15 year old kids who have alot of growing up to do on the court. Let them play through their mistakes and play up to their expectations and not the expectations of what people on this board want them to play up to.

2. Every athletic program knows their goal coming into the season is to win a state championship correct me if I am wrong. I believe you have to be realistic when it comes to expectations though. If you expect 2 sophmores to make or break Hamptons future once again and I quote "you must be realistic".

Their freshman and sophmore years are growing periods basically as I call it (feeding goldfishes to a tank of sharks)

They have many players on that team who will contribute more than what others think if people will quit expecting so much out of this young team. Logan Andrews,Dylan Hill and Jacob Jones all have the capability to make good basketball players but it's like I said before the more you expect out of these kids this early in their careers the more dissapointed you Hampton fans will be.

Like I said before and this goes for Hampton,Cloudland and Unaka. Here in a few years these fishes will turn into sharks and be able to swim in the ocean.

I guess the old statement is true then when they say you must play all 4 quarters not 3 in a half huh?

They have many players on that team who will contribute more than what others think if people will quit expecting so much out of this young team. Logan Andrews,Dylan Hill and Jacob Jones all have the capability to make good basketball players but it's like I said before the more you expect out of these kids this early in their careers the more dissapointed you Hampton fans will be.

umm yes, you cannot win playing just 3 and a half quarters. correct. that's what I was saying as well...

Jones and Hill played really well last night. That may have been the best those two have looked all year. Roberson also had a nice game...

The bottom line is this. The fans at Hampton need to quit putting so much pressure on these younger kids refferring to the Ward and Hughes kid. Are they good ball players yes but the Hampton poster's on this board and other members as well has built so much hype around these 2 boys that they dont know what to think.

For 1. They are 15 year old kids who have alot of growing up to do on the court. Let them play through their mistakes and play up to their expectations and not the expectations of what people on this board want them to play up to.

2. Every athletic program knows their goal coming into the season is to win a state championship correct me if I am wrong. I believe you have to be realistic when it comes to expectations though. If you expect 2 sophmores to make or break Hamptons future once again and I quote "you must be realistic".

Their freshman and sophmore years are growing periods basically as I call it (feeding goldfishes to a tank of sharks)

Like I said before and this goes for Hampton,Cloudland and Unaka. Here in a few years these fishes will turn into sharks and be able to swim in the ocean.

I agree that the boys on this team are all really great kids with a lot of character. Everyone has high expectations for them and I hope someday they will show everyone just how good they are. They work hard and they all want to win. I think the next two years these guys will be a force to be reckoned with. A few "tweaks" here and there, more "team" play, then look out! Good luck to all the BULLDOGS and GOD BLESS!!