9AA Starts

Popcorn901

FRA played a great game against a very good Ezell team. Eakes and Earps are both outstanding. Eakes is the real deal. But Smith and Wyatt for FRA were both hot. FRA's defense and trap, while Ezell still scored 50 points, wore Ezell down. The offenses for both teams performed. FRA had 8 three pointers, Ezell had 5.

FRA is young, 3 seniors, 1 junior, 4 sophomores, 4 freshmen and an eigth grader. But they play very well as a TEAM. Good coaching from Chris Hart.

Ezell will continue to be tough to beat. FRA faces another tough test on Tuesday playing Hume- Fogg.

The District is shaping up to be a very competative one.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does East Lit have to do to get back on track vs CPA tomorrow?

I was suprised to see that EL had lost a week ago to DCA.....doesn't seem possible.

CPA is a tough defensive team. Here are some thoughts:

1. Cut off the baseline (left of basket) for Hannah T. She doesn't drive well if you "stand on the line"

2. Front Anna Mitchell in the post. and double her when she gets the ball....she frustrates easily.

3. Boyd only drives with a spin move... Guard her left hand up the middle.

4. Play them physically- they hand check...talk to the officials before the game to watch for it.... they will use it till they get called several times.

Some random thoughts from an observer.

The 9aa scoring leader is Kelli Cowan (East Lit), then Kayla Eakes (Ezell), then Sharonda Brabson (East Lit)

Speaking of scoring leaders.... does anyone know what happened to the "Leaders" tab/page/whatever it's called in the Tennessean? The scores and the schedules are still there, but no points leaders. Anyone? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

CPA is a tough defensive team. Here are some thoughts:

1. Cut off the baseline (left of basket) for Hannah T. She doesn't drive well if you "stand on the line"

2. Front Anna Mitchell in the post. and double her when she gets the ball....she frustrates easily.

3. Boyd only drives with a spin move... Guard her left hand up the middle.

4. Play them physically- they hand check...talk to the officials before the game to watch for it.... they will use it till they get called several times.

Some random thoughts from an observer.

For this observer to know so much about CPA. Why couldn't your team beat them?

Speaking of scoring leaders.... does anyone know what happened to the "Leaders" tab/page/whatever it's called in the Tennessean? The scores and the schedules are still there, but no points leaders. Anyone? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Tennessean said they took it down because there was a glitch in the stat program and it was counting some games twice. Because the glitch could not be fixed and the information posted was inaccurate they removed the option. Hope this helps!

For this observer to know so much about CPA. Why couldn't your team beat them?

They scored more points.... and I am just an observer.

CPA has a very good defense, as I stated. But those facts are still a way to beat them. EL has the tools to beat them.

There are still a lot of games left. Then the district tournament. EL came through last year. It is still wide open and any team can beat any team on the right night. CPA will be tough but also can be beaten.

Tennessean said they took it down because there was a glitch in the stat program and it was counting some games twice. Because the glitch could not be fixed and the information posted was inaccurate they removed the option. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info, but that stinks! How am I going to feed my "Rain Man" numbers addiction?! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

IMO, The Tennessean has taken a HUGE step backwards with there HS sports coverage, especially on the tennessean.com website. I can't find district standings anymore, average points scored/given up, etc. But they have given us the Massey ratings. Who Cares? I like the Coach T system of rankings much better, and they seem much more accurate. I notice that my Tennessean continues to have less and less pages each day. They need to get their act together over there or their number of subscribers will continue to drop.

On to my District thoughts - Surprise so far has to be FRA. Disappoinment so far has to be East Lit.

IMO, The Tennessean has taken a HUGE step backwards with there HS sports coverage, especially on the tennessean.com website. I can't find district standings anymore, average points scored/given up, etc. But they have given us the Massey ratings. Who Cares? I like the Coach T system of rankings much better, and they seem much more accurate. I notice that my Tennessean continues to have less and less pages each day. They need to get their act together over there or their number of subscribers will continue to drop.

On to my District thoughts - Surprise so far has to be FRA. Disappoinment so far has to be East Lit.

I could say that FRA has definitely been a big surprise! Great shooting from the outside and Hart's girls execute extremely well. They play so hard!

As far as East Lit being the biggest disappointment, their overall schedule was very tough- MC, Upperman, Riverdale- they were in all these games except Upperman. As far as district play, foul shots are killing them- they went 3/16 against CPA and missed over 10 in the FRA game when they lost by two. Just have to learn to play under pressure. The three guards they made a run with last yr- 2 graduated and one moved back to East TN with her family. Their fourth guard and starting point guard has been injured for 2 months. Guard play is inexperienced and lacks a true point guard. Anyone in MLK gym during district play last yr could say they know when it counts.

CPA is a great team with athletes and well coached. Same goes for Hume Fogg. Pearl and MLK have speed and athleticism. Lipscomb is Lipscomb- need I say more- they work hard, do what they are told, and will bust their butss every night! Eakes = Ezell and they hustle for every loose ball and steal possible.

the fun will continue on Tuesdays and Fridays for the next couple weeks but the only thing that counts is the first round of district so play on and play hard. This district will be extremely interesting to watch...Go 9AA

I could say that FRA has definitely been a big surprise! Great shooting from the outside and Hart's girls execute extremely well. They play so hard!

As far as East Lit being the biggest disappointment, their overall schedule was very tough- MC, Upperman, Riverdale- they were in all these games except Upperman. As far as district play, foul shots are killing them- they went 3/16 against CPA and missed over 10 in the FRA game when they lost by two. Just have to learn to play under pressure. The three guards they made a run with last yr- 2 graduated and one moved back to East TN with her family. Their fourth guard and starting point guard has been injured for 2 months. Guard play is inexperienced and lacks a true point guard. Anyone in MLK gym during district play last yr could say they know when it counts.

CPA is a great team with athletes and well coached. Same goes for Hume Fogg. Pearl and MLK have speed and athleticism. Lipscomb is Lipscomb- need I say more- they work hard, do what they are told, and will bust their butss every night! Eakes = Ezell and they hustle for every loose ball and steal possible.

the fun will continue on Tuesdays and Fridays for the next couple weeks but the only thing that counts is the first round of district so play on and play hard. This district will be extremely interesting to watch...Go 9AA

East Lit coaching ??????

I would love some details about the FRA - Hume Fogg game. All the paper said was that Hume Fogg had a run in the 4th quarter. Was FRA in foul trouble by that point?

Pearl Cohn - DL game was great. You kept thinking DL would run away with it, but then PC would answer with a 3 ptr. Very good game. PC is much better than I had expected this early in the season.