9AA Starts

Popcorn901

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will this districy match up with 10 AA?

Marshall County tought to beat - class of their own/best player in March - even though CPA played them closer or as close as anyone in the tournament last year . Other than that, based "only" on the COACH T power rating system - district 9 should be able to hold their own with any team in district 10, except of course Marshall County. Will find out in the regionals.

With the first half of the season in the bag it appears CPA has the edge going into the last half of the season with HF right on their heels. The four best teams are CPA, HF, FRA, and DL. I??™m not sure what??™s going on at EL ??“they may come on at the end but right now they are having trouble. EH seems to one dimensional to be there at the end.

CPA has 1 loss, FRA has 2, HF has 2, and DL 3

What CPA has is 3 big wins over the other teams in this group-2 over DL and 1 over FRA. HF has 3 also FRA,CPA, DL.

FRA has NONE??¦..DL has NONE. This makes for an uphill climb for these schools with 7 games to go.

In the last 7 games CPA only faces 2 of the top teams, HF and FRA while HF faces 3, FRA DL and CPA

Meanwhile FRA faces 4 and DL 3. FRA letting the HF game get away may really bite them in the end.

A record with 2 losses might take it outright.

To add to the interest PC , EH, and EL may knock off some at the top at any time.

Lots of fun-luck to all over the last 7 games. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I don't think Hume-Fogg will lose another game. Their losses came when Bagwell was out. She is just too much of a weapon. She opens up the floor for Miller to hit those threes. CPA's wins have not been dominant, so I agree that any of the top teams can take each other out any night. DL is too inconsistent. They have to be shooting outside to win, and they seem to be either feast of famine in this category. If DL could consistenly shoot outside with their strong inside game and great defense, they would not lose another game. Ezell seems to have lost some of their mo-jo, but they always play their best against DL, and they have not faced each other yet. DL and FRA have not faced either yet, and they seem to be similar type teams.

My predictions... Hume Fogg wins or ties CPA for top seed in the tourney. DL and FRA will be contenders for third and fourth.

I agree that MLK and Pearl-Cohn can give anyone a tough game. I saw a little of the old East Lit this week, but they lack the three point shooting which is their achilles.

I have enjoyed the fact that there has not been a dominant team this year. It has made for some great basketball!

I don't think Hume-Fogg will lose another game. Their losses came when Bagwell was out. She is just too much of a weapon. She opens up the floor for Miller to hit those threes. CPA's wins have not been dominant, so I agree that any of the top teams can take each other out any night. DL is too inconsistent. They have to be shooting outside to win, and they seem to be either feast of famine in this category. If DL could consistenly shoot outside with their strong inside game and great defense, they would not lose another game. Ezell seems to have lost some of their mo-jo, but they always play their best against DL, and they have not faced each other yet. DL and FRA have not faced either yet, and they seem to be similar type teams.

My predictions... Hume Fogg wins or ties CPA for top seed in the tourney. DL and FRA will be contenders for third and fourth.

I agree that MLK and Pearl-Cohn can give anyone a tough game. I saw a little of the old East Lit this week, but they lack the three point shooting which is their achilles.

I have enjoyed the fact that there has not been a dominant team this year. It has made for some great basketball!

Hume Fogg is a very good team. Maria's speed and quick hands are a real asset. Miller is a good outside player. You may be correct that they do not lose another game.

Play this next week will tell about FRA. They play DL on Tuesday and CPA on Friday. FRA gave HF the game when they played them...young players errors and excellent play by Bagwell. Also, I don't think Miller hit a three in that game. FRA lost to CPA in December. Maybe they have matured? We will see.

DL still has to make up the game with EH. PC and EL will upset someone, either during the season or in the tournament.

Still a lot of season left.... but it has been fun so far.

Marshall County tought to beat - class of their own/best player in March - even though CPA played them closer or as close as anyone in the tournament last year . Other than that, based "only" on the COACH T power rating system - district 9 should be able to hold their own with any team in district 10, except of course Marshall County. Will find out in the regionals.

District 9 will provide the runner up team that will travel to the sub-state. Marshall county is one of the top teams in the state.... AA or AAA. They have proven this with their win against Mt. Juliet AAA. Although 9aa has some great tallent.. Having to play against the past state champ, and this year Marshall will play for the championship,( I think they will repeat, but there is a great upperman team out there, so all bets are off, you will find 9aa getting to the state through the #2 seed.) 9aa wont be closer than 20 with marshall. I think 9aa will get to the state, but it will be over the next couple of years that they dominate the region, there is a lot of great young tallent out there. Do not forget David Lipscomb in your discussion, you might beat up on them this season, but they have a wealth of tallent and height in the 7th and 8th grade levels. Of course FRA leaves for better competition..... lol... I mean greener pastures!

Bagwell was playing when East Lit played them.

District 9 will provide the runner up team that will travel to the sub-state. Marshall county is one of the top teams in the state.... AA or AAA. They have proven this with their win against Mt. Juliet AAA. Although 9aa has some great tallent.. Having to play against the past state champ, and this year Marshall will play for the championship,( I think they will repeat, but there is a great upperman team out there, so all bets are off, you will find 9aa getting to the state through the #2 seed.) 9aa wont be closer than 20 with marshall. I think 9aa will get to the state, but it will be over the next couple of years that they dominate the region, there is a lot of great young tallent out there. Do not forget David Lipscomb in your discussion, you might beat up on them this season, but they have a wealth of tallent and height in the 7th and 8th grade levels. Of course FRA leaves for better competition..... lol... I mean greener pastures!

Why do FRA players leave for greener pastures? Seems like they are as good or better than any other team in the district.