Westview 10-0

howboutthemdogs

Westview picks up another win tonight against Madison Academic 46-28 to start off the season 16-0. Next game is Gibson Co. on Tuesday night. Should be a good game! Westview is looking good to only have one playable senior on the team. Can't wait to see the game against Gibson Co. on Tuesday night. This will allow both teams to see where they are at this point in the season!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont be to disappointed if Westview looks alot different than playing some of the weak teams that they have been playing. They will be lucky to stay within 20 of Gibson County. Who really have they played?

Let's look at the records of teams these two have played so far.

Westview

vs. opponents with 8 wins or more: 9-0

vs. opponents with 4 to 7 wins: 3-0

vs. opponents with 3 wins or less: 4-0

Gibson Co.

vs. opponents with 8 wins or more: 5-0

vs. opponents with 4 to 7 wins: 5-0

vs. opponents with 3 wins or less: 2-0

Combined record of opponents played so far: WHS 69-67, GCHS 57-56

Strength of schedule rankings: GCHS 51 (52.1%), WHS 61 (50.4%)

That's not a very strong argument.

If Rechis has to take over handling the ball for Westview to handle the pressure of GC, then that'll prevent her from shooting as much and could hurt Westview in the game now that BB is out. Yes, Westview does have good young guards outside of Rechis, but has Westview seen a press like Gibson Co.'s yet?

Over the last few years the press of Gc has given MW some problems. And it will again. MW must break the press and run thru their offense and take quality shots. Once in the 1/2 court who plays PG for MW doesn't matter as Rechis can shoot from any position. As far as Jennings or Garner shutting Rechis down, they have had the opportunity to guard her for 2 years and it hasn't happened, so I don't expect a complete shutdown this time either. Limited somewhat by a GC team effort, possibly, but not any one person.

I doubt either coach is really concerned about the outcome of this game, or the next one, or even the 3rd round. Should they meet a 4th and 5th time, then it will matter. I would not want to go to Memphis and play in a hostile BTW gym. Milan went to Hillcrest last year and in my opinion, no one else would have come out of there from 13 or 14AA with a win. It is a wild affair that very few teams survive.

MW and others from 13AA have not passed the Memphis test in the past.

And the 5th time would be for the gold!!

But Marshall County, McMinn, etc. should have a say in that!!

I said in another thread that I went and watched Marshall Co. in the Hickman Co. Christmas Tourny. Marshall Co. is VERYYYYYY good and just as good as last year in my opinion. Lauren March looks like she's gotten taller and even better. NeNe McLean is running PG for them, she's QUICK. #30 is clutch when it comes to shooting. Marshall Co. is loaded this year!

GC's press will have an effect on the average and slightly above average team. The elite teams with true experienced PG's will do just as Marshall County did to GC last year, have a layup practice drill. It happens every year in the boro. You must play great 1/2 court D, rebound and be able to finish after executing a 1/2 court offense. The elite teams do not give up easy baskets, win the battle of the boards, do not make silly fouls, eliminate turnovers and can score by having go to players inside and out. Most of the time the winner of the tourney has at least 1 if not 2 division I players.

GC's press will have an effect on the average and slightly above average team. The elite teams with true experienced PG's will do just as Marshall County did to GC last year, have a layup practice drill. It happens every year in the boro. You must play great 1/2 court D, rebound and be able to finish after executing a 1/2 court offense. The elite teams do not give up easy baskets, win the battle of the boards, do not make silly fouls, eliminate turnovers and can score by having go to players inside and out. Most of the time the winner of the tourney has at least 1 if not 2 division I players.

You sound like you speak from experience?

17-1 Still not as good as we were earlier in year . But getting there quick . Simms is growing up right in front of our eyes and doing a good job . Rechis and Swaim are solid to say the least ! Nanney,Pitcher,and Campbell all playing killer D ! Olds can drop 15-20 on any night ! I figure we will peaking mid Febuary just like last year! When we won those games nobody said we could win ! The Westwing was LOUD Friday night ! Should be a little louder Tuesday night heared we have a specail guest coming ! WESTSIDE !

Westview is progressing but not playing their best basketball yet. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Which makes sense because this is mid-January and you don't want to be playing your best NOW!, but a month from now.. The "View" always peaks at the right time and this will be an interesting point when they make the run to the "BORO' this year and maybe will cut the nets down at the end of the journey /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No Dreams going on bball girly girl -- drinking nothing but that "VIEW Kool-AID" --

Don't be hatin' cause your team can't deliver each and every game..

Eat ya Popcorn /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> and leave the Prognosticating to us Pro's /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />