Clarkrange@ Pickett Co.

7asuperfan

Anyone think this one will be a good game? I haven't seen Clarkrange play but I heard they only lost by 9 to Clay Co., so I figure them to be pretty solid. PC is up and down. They started the season 0-3, then went on to win four in a row, now they've lost two district games in a row, by 20, but those games where on the road. PC plays better at home than on the road. This team is young and is gonna be up and down all season long. If they can play better defense, and can get some points inside the 3 pt line in their half court sets, this team will be much better, and this game will be a lot better than some will think, if they don't Clarkrange can make it as bad as they want to. I'll pick Clarkrange by atleast 10 at the moment, because PC has yet to show me that they can beat a good opponent.

C range will proably win handily cause 7a is down this year as a whole I believe Clay co. best team and C'range a distant 2nd. But anyone in district can beat either on a given night. JC has 1 senior and some freshmen and soph. that need to step up and a couple of juniors that look promising at times. RBS and Monterey capable of winning with any of them on a given night. Good luck to al the 7a teams come tourney time.

Well....Clarkrange won this one by 8. Pickett County actually played as good of a game as they have in a while. If they had played like this against Monterey they win by 20 going away, against Jackson County, they would have made it a good game. However, they did not and thus were blew out in both of those games. If PC could just come to play like they did tonight every night, then they will play alot closer to teams then they have been. Heath Elder played a really good game, as did Jo Dowdy and Ben Aaron. BUT...Sam Cummings gets the game ball carrying the team in the third quarter scoring 9 in a row to start the quarter I believe it was. This is a changed player from the summer and if he keeps improving like he has been lately, he will be a great asset for this team down the road. One factor that really hurt PC was in the 2nd qtr. they were leading by 6 at one point, and Clarkrange hit a little run and pulled within two, Coach Bibb got T'd up. On this play, Coach Bibb may or may not have deserved the T, I honestly do not know, however I know he said it while sitting down. Late in the game, 3rd or 4th qtr. Coach Pyle was giving it to the refs up one side and down the other and never got T'd up so in my opinion I thought the short ref might have been a little quick on the T against Bibb, but that is just my opinion. What does everyone else think about this? Good Luck to PC in the game Friday against Clay Co. They will have to play 20 pts. better even then they did tonight to win that one, but maybe they can do it..

Well....Clarkrange won this one by 8. Pickett County actually played as good of a game as they have in a while. If they had played like this against Monterey they win by 20 going away, against Jackson County, they would have made it a good game. However, they did not and thus were blew out in both of those games. If PC could just come to play like they did tonight every night, then they will play alot closer to teams then they have been. Heath Elder played a really good game, as did Jo Dowdy and Ben Aaron. BUT...Sam Cummings gets the game ball carrying the team in the third quarter scoring 9 in a row to start the quarter I believe it was. This is a changed player from the summer and if he keeps improving like he has been lately, he will be a great asset for this team down the road. One factor that really hurt PC was in the 2nd qtr. they were leading by 6 at one point, and Clarkrange hit a little run and pulled within two, Coach Bibb got T'd up. On this play, Coach Bibb may or may not have deserved the T, I honestly do not know, however I know he said it while sitting down. Late in the game, 3rd or 4th qtr. Coach Pyle was giving it to the refs up one side and down the other and never got T'd up so in my opinion I thought the short ref might have been a little quick on the T against Bibb, but that is just my opinion. What does everyone else think about this? Good Luck to PC in the game Friday against Clay Co. They will have to play 20 pts. better even then they did tonight to win that one, but maybe they can do it..

Heath played really well, glad to see he got the start, but they got away from feeding him the ball after the first quarter. Dowdy played well as well. Aaron too, and Sam Cummings basically carried them for the third quarter. I think Bibb sticks with Jacob Brown for too long at times, if he doesn't start hot, then he isn't gonna get hot, there for he is use less, because his defense is suspect. PC played good defense tonight, but one aspect they must improve is getting back door laps on them. I'm not exactly sure what Bibb said either, I didn't see him do anything really. I think that short ref had little man syndrome. The turning point in this game, was when Clarkrange started the 2-3 zone, because PC doesn't know how to attack the 2-3. We don't drive to the basket, we just get complacent and start shooting threes. I think if PC plays like they did in the 1st quarter, it'll be a good game friday night.

Coach Pyle was giving it to the refs up one side and down the other and never got T'd up so in my opinion I thought the short ref might have been a little quick on the T against Bibb, but that is just my opinion.

I don't see Coach Pile giving anyone up one side and down the other, if anything he is too laid back.