New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how to make it any clearer. They are not going to call coaches that have not applied this time. Last time that may have occurred because the committee was made up of members that were outside of the school system and someone called Gaddis. It doesnt't really matter how concerned the good folks from OR are about the ability of those making the decision. This is not an opinion, just the way it is working this time. If Gaddis is really concerned and wants the job, he should apply, otherwise he will not be considered.

You are obviously way out of the loop. I would advise you to change your sources. Calls have been made this time already, to probe the interest of certain candidates who HAVE NOT applied. That's what they should be doing. Everytime we have hired a coach, members of the community have been involved. They should have the community involved again. The "someone" who called Gaddis last time, was the acting Principal at the time. I would assume he was "inside" of the school system. You don't want Gaddis, and that's fine. If he has any sense, he will stay where he is.

When Bailey, Green, Carringer and Mullins are replaced the new staff will be able to do a proper search next time with participation from the people that actually pay their salaries. Their main problem is they want to operate in a vacuum and none of them are inteeigent enough or qualified enough to do their jobs. If they were good leaders they would seek input from ALL the stakeholders. But alas, they are all morons.

Ole Dad

Don't know how to make it any clearer. They are not going to call coaches that have not applied this time. Last time that may have occurred because the committee was made up of members that were outside of the school system and someone called Gaddis. It doesnt't really matter how concerned the good folks from OR are about the ability of those making the decision. This is not an opinion, just the way it is working this time. If Gaddis is really concerned and wants the job, he should apply, otherwise he will not be considered.

Glad to know that we all have facts and that Gaddis will be called by the morons. Don't really care who is hired. Whomever it is, it will make some happy and some unhappy and then after a few years, some will be happy and some unhappy. Such is life and we move on to complaining about something else that doesn't matter. It is just fun to watch all the morons try to figure out what is going on and to read everyones reaction. Somebody once said, Believe none of what you read and half of what you see. Hmmmmmmmmm. Something to ponder.

The coach is a done deal. Not from OR. Ron had no chance.

Ole Dad

Well, do you still stick to this statement? NO ONE else, whether close to the program or not, seems to be as blessed with the same inside knowledge you have.

The guy living in Florida knows, but no one in Oak Ridge does.

Glad to know that we all have facts and that Gaddis will be called by the morons. Don't really care who is hired. Whomever it is, it will make some happy and some unhappy and then after a few years, some will be happy and some unhappy. Such is life and we move on to complaining about something else that doesn't matter. It is just fun to watch all the morons try to figure out what is going on and to read everyones reaction. Somebody once said, Believe none of what you read and half of what you see. Hmmmmmmmmm. Something to ponder.

Trying to figure it out and giving an opinion is somewhat different! Using the word moron seems to suit you well! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

WHO CARES, OR will make a decision about their new HC without the input of the whole community and thank god for that because if the administrators are morons and don't have a clue then I have no idea what that makes some of you guys that act like you??™re in the know. Surprisingly allot of people on here is dying for the great Joe Gaddis, a man that showed very poor character the last time he was here, I would think that parents and fans would want a coach that has great character, not just one that can win games. The bottom line is regardless if you like what Gadis did on the field , his actions off the field and on campus should disqualify him from coaching anywhere, I know it??™s not a crime but, it shows dishonesty, and poor, poor character. If we are going to ask 14 to 18 year old kids to follow someone than I would think that OR would want someone that is streaky clean. I had a coach in college that said this, coaching is privilege to guide young boys to become men, a great responsibility that any man must have the greatest of all character to accomplish the real job of a coach and that is turning boys into men. Get over your ideas of getting back to tradition and concentrate on getting a coach that stands for the things that matter.

Good point, balleret. I imagine that most in the Oak Ridge community would agree with you. But, of course, there are those groups of people that only care about winning. And that is where we are headed not only with hs football but with society as a whole. You will find those types in anything that you encounter.

Lets see, compared to Stanton Steven, Joe Gattis is a saint. He could actually be your next Pope if Stevens is your benchmark for a coach with character. No wait, Stevens was a character, you are correct. He was the last great hire made by the clowns that are still in charge of the decision and have now chosen to do it without any community input. I'm pretty sure that there are many people that live in Oak Ridge and support the team and are ex-wildcats that could be a great asset to the selection process, but wait, we can get these four clowns together and just pull a name out of the hat. Maybe it will be a Hells Angel and he can just take over the antics of Stevens and make the players, parents and community proud.

Ole Dad

WHO CARES, OR will make a decision about their new HC without the input of the whole community and thank god for that because if the administrators are morons and don't have a clue then I have no idea what that makes some of you guys that act like you??™re in the know. Surprisingly allot of people on here is dying for the great Joe Gaddis, a man that showed very poor character the last time he was here, I would think that parents and fans would want a coach that has great character, not just one that can win games. The bottom line is regardless if you like what Gadis did on the field , his actions off the field and on campus should disqualify him from coaching anywhere, I know it??™s not a crime but, it shows dishonesty, and poor, poor character. If we are going to ask 14 to 18 year old kids to follow someone than I would think that OR would want someone that is streaky clean. I had a coach in college that said this, coaching is privilege to guide young boys to become men, a great responsibility that any man must have the greatest of all character to accomplish the real job of a coach and that is turning boys into men. Get over your ideas of getting back to tradition and concentrate on getting a coach that stands for the things that matter.

As usual the point was misssed completely by the resident genius. They are now clowns instead of morons. Interesting. Must be the Florida sun. Newsflash, Coach Gattis has changed the spelling of his name. This is becoming more comical by the minute. Can't wait for the next bit of breaking news.

As usual the point was misssed completely by the resident genius. They are now clowns instead of morons. Interesting. Must be the Florida sun. Newsflash, Coach Gattis has changed the spelling of his name. This is becoming more comical by the minute. Can't wait for the next bit of breaking news.

o21putt, you are correct about the mine set that people think winning is everything, I appreciate your commit on my earlier post but, I want to add some further input. Oledad seems to feel that I am a Stevens fan I can assure you that Stevens is even worse than Gaddis, your talking about a coach that done things wrong and did not even try to hide them hoping that he could play his history of a good ole OR boy and save his butt. My point is simple if OR brought Joe back I guess he could tell the players I was here once but left because I was tired of being here insead of the truth. you see his new career at OR would start the same way it ended with dishonesty. It seems that Oledad knows what it takes to be a HS football coach, it's very simple HS are having such a hard time finding coaches that they will look over a lot of issues to get one.