New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

Care,

You might be correct. My only point is "if Mullins hands were tied then why can we assume he has any ability to do the right thing now?" I hear people say he hasn't even looked at the applications over the 3 week holiday and I would say that is incompetent if true. But, heck there are lots of rumors and some say he has been interviewing and has a deal in the works.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad I can't believe you went that far talking bad about Coach Mullins. How can you even doubt Mullins and his desire for the success of all of Oak Ridge High School sports. He puts more effort than anyone else in this town does. Mullins wasn't the problem. His hands were tied just like every other persons were when Mr. Green and company hired Stanton. The funny thing is that Mr. Green if I'm not mistaken was not even going to be in the Oak Ridge School System the following year. So with that being said I think that giving the timing of the job opening and school getting out for breaks and the holidays you should back off. But thats just my opinion and there is always a chance of me being wrong.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like the Kats and Jammer kids are running our schools now. The sports issues are reflective of the academic failures of this bunch being led by the incompetent Bailey and Green duo. I wish Mullins well in his task, but he has no chance despite his apparent and purported good intentions.

Ole Dad

Nick, that's the problem. The school board and the admin. cannot or will not work together. It's another mess in the making.

Rumor has it that a young up-and-comer who played at Oak Ridge, but now coaches in Virgina is in the running. Sounds like the wing-t may make its way to town!! They couldn't go wrong with this hire! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If it does happen I just have one question, is y'alls version going to actually pass? If not then we got one here in Middle Tn some of us would GLADLY give y'all and can almost guarentee the boosters will pay his moving expense! He has won a Gold Ball in 4A, but is currently having a HARD time in 5A at R'dale. He did win more than Stevens though. I will give him that.

BTW wasn't Stevens a OR alum that was considered a young up and comer also? Somebody needs to remind the administration or who ever is actually doing the hiring of that before y'all go into round two.

Care,

You might be correct. My only point is "if Mullins hands were tied then why can we assume he has any ability to do the right thing now?" I hear people say he hasn't even looked at the applications over the 3 week holiday and I would say that is incompetent if true. But, heck there are lots of rumors and some say he has been interviewing and has a deal in the works.

Ole Dad

Old Dad,

I have talked to former players, Coaches & parents who have had only good things to say about Ron Gray, I would say that he is the definition of a players coach. I understand he has turned down a job here & there. If that is his only negative then I am ok with that. I do not know him.

I have heard you mention that he stabs people in the back etc. What proof do you have? Who did he stab?

I thought Bruce left own his own accord, you have me curious now. I would like to know the truth because this next hire will have some high expectations & I want to know every candidate inside out.

Thank you.

Bladerunner "

Rumor has it that a young up-and-comer who played at Oak Ridge, but now coaches in Virgina is in the running. Sounds like the wing-t may make its way to town!! They couldn't go wrong with this hire! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The wing-t offense will hurt this football program, just like it has hurt Riverdale.