Clay at Pickett Friday Night

baller21

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30? Pickett did that to Clay Co a couple years ago and Clay wasn't even down that year. For the first time in 20 some years Pickett doesn't have a top 10 team. But they are still tough at home and won't lose by 30. They gave Clarkrange a scare and if Clay comes in thinking they don't have to play to win, that'll be welcomed by Bobcat fans!

Could be 5, Could be 25, it depends on which PC team shows up. Right now, I'll say 15. Because Clay beat Clarkrange by 9 and Clarkrange beat PC by 8. So 15 to 18 points sounds about right. Clay Co. would be smart to remember how tough a place PC is to play, because Clarkrange almost learned that lesson the other night, everyone said 20 plus, and it turned into an 8 point ball game. All I can say from Clay Co. is enjoy it while it lasts, because its a long fall from the top, ask us PC fans this year.

The difference of the two teams however, (according to some of your own fans on other threads) is that Coach Edwards is playing alot of younger guys THIS season as well while the game is still in question to get them ready for NEXT year. Even though Coach Bibb enjoyed several blowout wins LAST year, he didn't get his younger players into the games enough to get hem ready for full-blown competition THIS year.

I'm not worried, Coach Edward's will have a competitive team for several years to come and with the success the Jr. High boys are having it may be even more successful even longer. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

About this game: I promise the Dawgs always know PC is a tough place to play. PC's shooting percentage usually goes up 10-15% while at home. The Dawgs will bring their "A" game Friday...Nobody will be overlooked!

I think Pickett Co. makes this a more competitive game than many will think. I think PC could stick around for 3 quarters, and only losing this one by 10 pts or so. Listen, PC knows what everyone is saying about them. They may not be able to physically win this game, but these boys are gonna come out and fight, they aren't just gonna hand a 20 point win to Clay Co. PC is the toughest place to play in the district, even tougher than Jackson Co. I still say Clay Co. wins by 10 or 12 points, but I wanna see how our young guys play in this one.

Sorry Superfan, not even close! Pickett didn't even score in the first quarter! PC scored a 3-ptr and 3 Ft's for the first half. They were scared to death. Shawn Garrett's defense out front was just something these guys had never encountered before. For 3 quarters our guys got a hand on every pass the bobcats attempted. Our 3rd string against your subs was the only time we couldn't score at will.

Final: A merciful 49-23

Looks like the well has run dry in Bobcat land. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Sorry Superfan, not even close! Pickett didn't even score in the first quarter! PC scored a 3-ptr and 3 Ft's for the first half. They were scared to death. Shawn Garrett's defense out front was just something these guys had never encountered before. For 3 quarters our guys got a hand on every pass the bobcats attempted. Our 3rd string against your subs was the only time we couldn't score at will.

Looks like the well has run dry in Bobcat land. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Wow....what a statement..Clay Co. won this one by however many they wanted I think. BUT....it was not like PC only scored on the subs, I mean most of CC starters, not all but most played the entire third and part of the fourth and Jo Dowdy was still scoring, so even though this one was definitely a blow out I believe this is not a very accurate statement. It was bad enough as it was...no need to get on here and talk it up as worse than that.

Was it as bad as the score indicates? It was worse. Am I ashamed to be a bobcat? Yeah. Is Clay Co. good? yeah. Is this team gonna win state? Not even close. Listen folks, all I've heard is how good Clay Co. is, how many players they have coming off the bench, how they will not only be good this year but next. Like a friend of mine said, Shawn Garrett can't hit a jump shot, or basically anything outside of 3 ft. And he is right, but PC didn't make him have to score any other way that on lay ups. Attention, Shawn Garrett is not the BEST player in 7a, Upchurch can Shoot circles around this kid. Garrett should not be the MVP after the season. The well hasn't run dry, this team and this year has been a rebuilding year all along, PC has some bright spots, with its juniors and its sophomores, but like many inexperienced players, they need time to mature, and thats what is happening now. This team isn't that good, because even against this awful PC squad, you all could only manage 49 points against them, and Garrett and Edwards and many other starters and regulars where still playing in the third quarter. Listen, Clay is the best team in probably the worst this district and region has been in a long time. Some team from chattanooga could easily come beat this team in substate. This team is no better than it was last year. No shooters really what-so-ever, this team relies on lay ups too much, if they make it to state and have to face Buckner and Manasass, that shot won't be there. And as for being ok for years to come? I sure didn't see it, I saw some good seniors, but not much else. So like I said in a previous post, Enjoy it now Clay Co, cause it's a long fall from the top.