Clay at Pickett Friday Night

baller21

I LIKE SHAWN, his mama and the rest of his relatives and I know this he has great ability to be as good a player 7a has seen in recent years if he properly applies himself. He's just a junior and uses his time to get better work hard he could be the best player in 7a since Jeff Arms from Celina who played for tech. He has long reach and can jump like a deer but he needs to work on his ball handling and seeing the whole floor.Good luck to all the teams in 7a

When did Arms play? Cause you tell me and I'll tell you how many people PC has had that are better than Shawn Garret will ever be and how many people PC has had that have been better since then. He's a GOOD player, I'll give you that. He plays his position very well. But he's not better than Jacob Wright, he's not better than Joseph Bailey, he's not better than Nathan Aaron, he's not better than some other guys that PC had that didn't play college ball, like John Crouch and Josh Wright. I'm not dissing the kid, I know he is talented in his own way, but Arms and Joey Coe are probably the only great players Clay Co has ever had and Shawn is not close to Joey, I think Joseph Amonett is the only player in 7a that is even in the same dicussion. At Shawn's size, he is gonna have to learn to play point guard or shooting guard to transition to the next level. Listen Jacob Wright was a 6'0 a great a shooter as this district has ever seen, and could handle the ball against anyone, and he only had interest from small schools. What I'm trying to say is, Jacob Wright was a far more complete talent than Garrett so he needs to work hard to get more complete, and I'm sure he will.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personnel opinion about refs is that they hold something against Celina and are very hard on all of our players.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Its because you do not feed us good and we are hungry !!!!!

Come on.....get real. You are treated just like all of the other teams in the league. Get the chip off of your shoulder.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Its because you do not feed us good and we are hungry !!!!!

Come on.....get real. You are treated just like all of the other teams in the league. Get the chip off of your shoulder.

I really wish this topic would die!!!! LOL I have never seen one go on sooooo long.

But anyway Melton like I said it is my opinion and we all have them, but I have also been told by many people, that the refs are still holding a grudge against Celina, for some out of control fan, that hit one of them. Do I know if this is true? NO!!! But I have seen some pretty rough calls made against the bulldogs that others are allowed to get away with.

But I have also learned that our boys and girls can not depend on refs to win a game it is up to ALL of the players to do their best and give a 100% and there will still be times that they will not win. Because lets face it you can't win them all.

So if I am wrong I will say I'm sorry to the refs, but if their are still holding a grudge by all means please let it go. T he teams and parents that were around then are long gone.

Peace be with all of you /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

When did Arms play? Cause you tell me and I'll tell you how many people PC has had that are better than Shawn Garret will ever be and how many people PC has had that have been better since then. He's a GOOD player, I'll give you that. He plays his position very well. But he's not better than Jacob Wright, he's not better than Joseph Bailey, he's not better than Nathan Aaron, he's not better than some other guys that PC had that didn't play college ball, like John Crouch and Josh Wright. I'm not dissing the kid, I know he is talented in his own way, but Arms and Joey Coe are probably the only great players Clay Co has ever had and Shawn is not close to Joey, I think Joseph Amonett is the only player in 7a that is even in the same dicussion. At Shawn's size, he is gonna have to learn to play point guard or shooting guard to transition to the next level. Listen Jacob Wright was a 6'0 a great a shooter as this district has ever seen, and could handle the ball against anyone, and he only had interest from small schools. What I'm trying to say is, Jacob Wright was a far more complete talent than Garrett so he needs to work hard to get more complete, and I'm sure he will.

Arms played for tech and Garrett will play at next level he is a junior and has work to do but he has much more potetial than Wright to play at next level Amonette by far best player PC ever had and only one I know of in the group you named that has more potential than Garrett. Eric Mitchell is the next best player to wear a bobcat uniform and I notice for some reason you don't mention him.

Arms played for tech and Garrett will play at next level he is a junior and has work to do but he has much more potetial than Wright to play at next level Amonette by far best player PC ever had and only one I know of in the group you named that has more potential than Garrett. Eric Mitchell is the next best player to wear a bobcat uniform and I notice for some reason you don't mention him.

You have told me twice that Arms played at Tech, but you have yet to tell me when he played at Celina. I didn't mention Eric because I didn't know if Arms played before or after Mitchell. I'll agree, Joseph Amonett is by far the best player to ever grace the halls of PC, but Nathan Aaron is the all time leading scorer (3003 pts) he's better than Shawn. I'll give you the list of the top five scorers in PC history, and all of them are better than Shawn Garrett now, or when by the time he graduates. Nathan Aaron 3003 pts, finalist for Mr. Basketball, played at Freed Hardmen University 2) Joseph Amonett 2940 pts, won a Mr. Basketball in 1995, played atWake Forrest Univesity 3) Eric Mitchell 2476 pts, won Mr. Basketball in 1990, played at Tennessee Tech University 4)Eugene Parris 2373 pts, won Mr. Basketball in 1991, and 5) Jacob Wright, 2183 pts. So of that list you've got 3 Mr. Basketball winners, who are much better than Shawn at this point, and a Mr. Basketball finalist who is better than Garrett. Jacob Wright is the only one to never be a Mr. Basketball candidate, and I still think his game was better. I have no doubt that Garrett "can" play at the next level, but it will be at a small school, possibly jr. college like Roane State or Vol State, but lets not put him in the same category as these guys. Don't put him up their with Arms and Coe either, cause that is insulting to these guys who accomplished so much. This kid has one thing "potential" and he needs to achieve that before we start putting him in the class of other players. He's not even the best player in this district folks, Upchurch is better at this point.

You have told me twice that Arms played at Tech, but you have yet to tell me when he played at Celina. I didn't mention Eric because I didn't know if Arms played before or after Mitchell. I'll agree, Joseph Amonett is by far the best player to ever grace the halls of PC, but Nathan Aaron is the all time leading scorer (3003 pts) he's better than Shawn. I'll give you the list of the top five scorers in PC history, and all of them are better than Shawn Garrett now, or when by the time he graduates. Nathan Aaron 3003 pts, finalist for Mr. Basketball, played at Freed Hardmen University 2) Joseph Amonett 2940 pts, won a Mr. Basketball in 1995, played atWake Forrest Univesity 3) Eric Mitchell 2476 pts, won Mr. Basketball in 1990, played at Tennessee Tech University 4)Eugene Parris 2373 pts, won Mr. Basketball in 1991, and 5) Jacob Wright, 2183 pts. So of that list you've got 3 Mr. Basketball winners, who are much better than Shawn at this point, and a Mr. Basketball finalist who is better than Garrett. Jacob Wright is the only one to never be a Mr. Basketball candidate, and I still think his game was better. I have no doubt that Garrett "can" play at the next level, but it will be at a small school, possibly jr. college like Roane State or Vol State, but lets not put him in the same category as these guys. Don't put him up their with Arms and Coe either, cause that is insulting to these guys who accomplished so much. This kid has one thing "potential" and he needs to achieve that before we start putting him in the class of other players. He's not even the best player in this district folks, Upchurch is better at this point.

LORD CAN WE PLEASE STOP !!!!!!!

Oh by the way Arms played same time as Coe they went from either 80 or 81 til 1984 or 1985

If you notice I said potenial by that I mean long reach, speed jumping ability and I also stated hard work to be done and I'm in no way deminishing the other players but this kid is by far best athlete in the district and I'M going to hush cause battlecatt is nervous and calling on the lord for us to stop SO bye

Say what you will about who was the best. Its all about now and winning and the clay county team will take it to PC and win. I dont know the kid celina but he is a good player . He hustles and gives his all , and that is all you can ask IMO. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />